So @White Heather did anything get mentioned about the scope to add additional air bridges later if required?

No, they didn't go into that sort of detail. It was more of a whistlestop tour of the entire terminal facility. They didn't say exactly how many air bridges would be installed (although they did refer to them in the plural, so at least 2), and they didn't get into what might happen further down the line. Sorry, but if anything more comes to light in future meetings I will of course let you know.

Not too sure if the above article highlights anything new but its another fairly positive article for once.

There has been a noticeable change in attitude suddenly by the YEP and even Yorkshire Post, which always appeared to be sponsored by DSA and MAN, such was there apparent dislike of all things LBA. It would appear to me that behind the scenes, the media manager that the airport employed last year is doing the business and slowly winning over these papers. Long may it continue too. Hey, at this rate, we might even see the BBC speaking in a positive manner. Or maybe not!!

Screenshot (1399).png

Just for record we currently have 22 official stands- (1-19, but no 2 or 4) plus 20A/20B/21A/21B/21C)
We do however have the non-standard park slots as marked on above map- AP1/AP2/NP2/NP3/NP4

I posted this on another thread previously, however I thought it may be of interest on here too.
The new terminal would be built on what are currently Stands 19/20A/20B

Just heard an interview on radio with today's protest organizers claiming that while the carbon neutral terminal would be acceptable the massive increase in flights/passenger numbers will produce massive co2 increases, and the development needs to be stopped.

Just heard an interview on radio with today's protest organizers claiming that while the carbon neutral terminal would be acceptable the massive increase in flights/passenger numbers will produce massive co2 increases, and the development needs to be stopped.
The percentage of air that contains CO2 is 0.04% by volume. Now imagine how much of that 0.04% is generated by human activity?

View attachment 15915

Did Manny get all this grief when they announced a big expansion to Terminal 2? Did Donny get a load of stick when they opened the airport? Is it just an LBA thing????

Not sure bigman it is almost like nobody wants lba to expand! Or it's got to fight almost everything to expand/offer more services for us who use it or are willing to use it.

These protestors see LCC as a soft touch when it comes to making a song and dance outside the town hall. Who knows maybe they are right in that respect. Facts - who needs them when the great unwashed shout a bit.

Not sure bigman it is almost like nobody wants lba to expand! Or it's got to fight almost everything to expand/offer more services for us who use it or are willing to use it.
It’s a pity LBA is where it is, given the well off areas around it and the political nous of a lot of its residents to get themselves organised , which makes it far easier for the eco warriors to garner support. I can think of several areas in Leeds where there would probably be little opposition or interest if the airport was situated there.

Global aviation only accounts for 2% of all CO2 emissions by human activity. Of that LBA on it's own accounts for almost nothing. This Extension Rebellion protest at Leeds City Council is futile.

Incredibly frustrating but not unexpected. Their facts are wrong clearly skewed by their own agenda.

Well spoken with southern accents which to me suggests they are not local.

To put it into perspective Manchester did have issues when applying to extended T2 but guess what it all came from the affluent settlements to the south west. The working class areas to the north east were for it because they knew it would benefit them economically.

There is a an issue in this country whereby a few vocal voices seems to sway the argument and it’s especially apparent in Yorkshire.

Just a bunch of students at the Civic Hall from what I could see. They come to our city and then try to stop our airport development. For me they should just be sent back home. Frankly, I cannot imagine that the Council would be swayed by this protest and they will see it for what it is. It is the same protest that occurred last year and I would think the council expected it. For me the lass they interviewed on TV didn't come across as a good representative of the climate activists.

Comments by councillors at today's meeting.

Coun Dan Cohen (Con) said: "I am very uncomfortable with the small amount of detail to give any particular view on the item. We haven't been given a great deal of information on anything."

Coun Peter Carlill (Lab) added: "The one thing we have found hard is to try and have an understanding as members and residents on what difference they are going to see on their lives. I can't see what this is going to look like in comparison to what is there at this point."

Anything positive from members of Leeds City Council is like getting blood out of a stone. We might as well close LBA and add an extra ten lanes to the M62 to Manchester airport where they have no problem building a £1bn terminal project.

I have, using their Contact page, asked LBA to let me know when the planning application has been submitted so that I am able to write a letter of support to LCC and so that I can pass on that fact to others so that they too can write letters of support.

I will obviously pass that on when I receive it.

Don't particularly view the political comments as negative. They simply appear to be asking for additional information on the plans, something I am sure LBA will provide. As for the climate protesters, one word.... FUTILE

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock