Very interesting and not cheap.
Rather than try and condense the points of concerns I suggest you open the Agenda and Minutes document then scroll down to para 86.
Midway down the paragraph are the “late” objections included within the meeting documents for discussion but at the very foot of the paragraph is a link to the results of the meeting and a comprehensive list of points to be agreed with the Airport and confirmed agreements to contributions for such as transport, Parkway station and noise insulation.
That, I believe, is the best way to approach this unless you have a masochist streak and want to plough through it all.

Guys

As you will be aware, LCC approved the new terminal recently 'in principle' only, subject to certain 'considerations' being negotiated prior to full approval being given. I am advised that LBA have now responded to the list of considerations following discussions and that the Plans Panel will now meet on 11th March to consider those responses. Hopefully, this will result in full approval, but this is not something we can be certain of. There is no doubt that the group that shall not be mentioned and MPs will have been bringing pressure to bear in some way to get this decision overturned one way or another. It would be very easy for a wavering Councillor to reverse his vote and oppose this, using the excuse that he/she doesn't agree with the negotiated outcome of the considerations.

We have therefore been asked to urgently write to the list of Councillors below, individually, so that we don't all say the same thing, and express support for the previous approval and to encourage Councillors to continue with their approval. They need to know that the majority of people in Leeds, Bradford and the entire region are in agreement with their decision and the group that shall not be mentioned, the MPs and other anti aviation objectors are not speaking for us. If you support LBA, this email, more than any other action taken, could be absolutely vital for the future of LBA. We cannot let Councillors back down and reverse this vote. So, please email them urgently and ask your family and friends to do the same.

If you are aware of anyone who owns a business, particularly one that is positively impacted by LBA, please ask them to do the same thing. The more people who write to express support now, just prior to the final decision, the better it will be.

Emails should go to all Plans Panel members below, even those who we know are a lost cause and very much in bed with the group that shall not be mentioned. They should not be too long and concentrate on expressing how vital the airport is to Leeds, Bradford and the surrounding region. How vital the jobs are that it directly and indirectly generates. How vital to the recovery of the region LBA is in a post pandemic world, with the huge GDP it already brings - a figure which will increase substantially in the future. Also that the airport can no longer function in a 56 year old building that doesn't even meet the required access standards of today and struggles to adapt to the regular changes in requirements as dictated by the CAA, relating to such as Security. The new terminal is absolutely vital to the future of LBA and if the airport goes backwards, then it will negatively impact the region for decades to come. Worth also mentioning that this is about a new building and NOT about expansion - if they reject this then LBA can, and MUST build the previously approved terminal extension, resulting in the same passenger throughput but in an embarrassingly bad terminal which is not carbon neutral.

We have also been asked to write letters to the Yorkshire Post in support of the airport. These should be addressed to:
[email protected] and be headed 'Letter to Editor'.

The Councillors we are asked to write to are as follows. Emails need to be with them no later than 10th March, and ideally sooner than that to ensure they don't accidentally not read them!

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

the group that shall not be mentioned are dead right, Aviation is over, NOBODY wants to travel anymore.. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Get your heads back in the sand, continue being the massive no good hypocrites you are and I cant wait to see what holiday you book from MAN next year.. hahaha

give me bl**dy strength.

I have today written to LCC Plans Panel on behalf of myself, and as representative of the Airport Support Group. Once again, please do not waste this opportunity. A lot of work has gone into this, and we are not over the line yet with full approval. A final flurry of emails directed at the panel members as requested above will help ensure that we get the right outcome for Leeds, Bradford and the entire region. And not before time either!

One thing that is concerning me, is that I have looked into the group that shall not be mentioned’s socials and they are rallying support via XR from places as far away as Warrington. They have obviously realised they lack support for their objections in the local and wider region. I think we need to convey to councillors that these protesters are part of a national network and do not represent the views of local people. I will play my part in communicating this message to the councillors, but I think we all need to make them aware of these clearly coordinated and dirty tactics to disenfranchise our airport and local economy

Last edited by a moderator:
The agenda and the report for the meeting on the 11th has been published.

https://democracy.leeds.gov.uk/docu...11th-Mar-2021 13.30 City Plans Panel.pdf?T=10

The conclusion is interesting...it does sound like there are concerns from the officers that some members of the panel want to introduce new issues or impose additional conditions

This report has provided further information and conclusions in responding to the issues raised by the Panel, regarding the specific planning conditions, summarised at the start of this report. Members will be aware that this application has already been approved in principle subject to the above matters being considered and satisfactorily resolved. These are the only matters that Members should be considering at this stage.

Members should also bear in mind that officers considered that the scheme was acceptable in all matters as outlined in the previous report (attached) and the scheme has now additional contributions over and above what was previously reported.

Members should also note that the imposition of conditions has to meet six tests which are - Necessary - Relevant to planning - Relevant to the development to be permitted - Enforceable - Precise - Reasonable in all other respects.

In terms of planning obligations these should only be sought where they meet all the following tests - Necessary to make the development acceptable in planning terms - Directly related to the development and - Fairly and reasonably related

Officers recommend that the application be approved, subject to consultation with the Secretary of State, the draft conditions and a Section 106 agreement detailed within the 11th February and this report.

Just had a read of the report, seems pretty fair and makes sense if you ask me, id say the two key areas are the start of the 6am daytime flying hours 12months into construction but with a cap of 5million passengers until construction ends, this so they can attract new airlines whilst construction under way which to any airline a new shiny terminal is a big incentive and to keep the current old terminal open once the new one is built as all LBAs operations such as offices, atc, fire services and more are located there but obviously closed for passengers.
To myself and those on here this makes common sense, from what i see there are no issues in this report , i just hope the councillors fully read the report in detail like i have done this afternoon ! :finger: p.s never seen such a detailed report on trees and bushes haha

Just had a read of the report, seems pretty fair and makes sense if you ask me, id say the two key areas are the start of the 6am daytime flying hours 12months into construction but with a cap of 5million passengers until construction ends, this so they can attract new airlines whilst construction under way which to any airline a new shiny terminal is a big incentive and to keep the current old terminal open once the new one is built as all LBAs operations such as offices, atc, fire services and more are located there but obviously closed for passengers.
To myself and those on here this makes common sense, from what i see there are no issues in this report , i just hope the councillors fully read the report in detail like i have done this afternoon ! :finger: p.s never seen such a detailed report on trees and bushes haha
I agree with you about the reasonable stance the Airport is taking and no doubt had been prepared to make anyway if push came to shove.
I think it is imperative that the meeting is tightly controlled and managed by the Chair and the LCC Planning teams within their official remits.
This would be a fairly short affair in the “normal” word and I can only see some longish discussion about the introduction of the extended daytime hours midway through the construction phase. The main building would have to have some framework visible.
Given the size of the report, and it’s complexity, no wonder some councillors would struggle with the details and should take far more notice of, and rely more heavily on, their Planning, Legal Department and Independent Industry Advisors.
This will get the votes in my view.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock