246 signatures from a huge university population. They haven't exactly excelled.
The Guardian are claiming international climate scientist(s) are joining the call to stop what it calls the "expansion" of Leeds Bradford Airport.

Ironically, the "international" scientist(s) will be the foreign lecturers who come to Leeds by air (the irony) to teach climate science to many foreign students (further irony) who have also travelled by air from afar to fulfil their chosen degrees.

Leeds University Prof Julia Steinberger (who apparently lives in Manchester) a lead author with the IPCC, who through work has travelled the breadth of the planet by air, (even further irony) , said:

The Leeds Bradford airport expansion represents a firm commitment to worsening climate breakdown now and in the future … If we want to avoid the worsening of the greatest threat humanity has ever faced, we must ramp down fossil-fuelled sectors.”

Prof Julia Steinberger who apparently endorses a climate civil disobedience campaign, comes from the beautiful city of Geneva. An interesting fact:- Geneva has a population of just 203,951 yet in 2019 it's airport handled 17.9 million passengers. Despite this she doesn't believe important infrastructure renewal in Leeds should be permitted.

The Guardian are claiming international climate scientist(s) are joining the call to stop what it calls the "expansion" of Leeds Bradford Airport.

Ironically, the "international" scientist(s) will be the foreign lecturers who come to Leeds by air (the irony) to teach climate science to many foreign students (further irony) who have also travelled by air from afar to fulfil their chosen degrees.

Leeds University Prof Julia Steinberger (who apparently lives in Manchester) a lead author with the IPCC, who through work has travelled the breadth of the planet by air, (even further irony) , said:

The Leeds Bradford airport expansion represents a firm commitment to worsening climate breakdown now and in the future … If we want to avoid the worsening of the greatest threat humanity has ever faced, we must ramp down fossil-fuelled sectors.”

Prof Julia Steinberger who apparently endorses a climate civil disobedience campaign, comes from the beautiful city of Geneva. An interesting fact:- Geneva has a population of just 203,951 yet in 2019 it's airport handled 17.9 million passengers. Despite this she doesn't believe important infrastructure renewal in Leeds should be permitted.
Got me thinking, you would think that a university would actually educate the opposite esp as a university is there end of the day to give those students a degree to move into higher position work ie jet engine engineering. i guess it depends on what courses each university offers, i understand like all of us on here that the climate is important if you believe what they say but if ER and the other gretas have their way they wont be many jobs for those leaving uni if we are all travelling around on horse and cart!

Got me thinking, you would think that a university would actually educate the opposite esp as a university is there end of the day to give those students a degree to move into higher position work ie jet engine engineering. i guess it depends on what courses each university offers, i understand like all of us on here that the climate is important if you believe what they say but if ER and the other gretas have their way they wont be many jobs for those leaving uni if we are all travelling around on horse and cart!
There will be plenty at the Uni who support LBA, have an understanding of it's importance, and are capable of taking a balanced view instead of a fanatical one. The shame is that they are not likely to speak up.

There will be plenty at the Uni who support LBA, have an understanding of it's importance, and are capable of taking a balanced view instead of a fanatical one. The shame is that they are not likely to speak up.
I fully agree wh, its just the snowflake ones that suck upto ER and the like. Many of my pupils i take who are uni students are very middle ground and understand both sides of the argument.

I intend writing an email to Robert Jenrick on behalf of the Support Group.Interesting that a Manchester based paper is seemingly doing its best to stop LBA development. I don't suppose MAN will welcome LBA improvement at all!
Now issued. They don't make it easy. His email address is for local MP matters only. All correspondence in his Ministerial position has to go on a silly little form with an every sillier little box attached, that can be found on the Department's website. Far from ideal.

Last edited:
Now issued. They don't make it easy. His email address is for local MP matters only. All correspondence in his Ministerial position has to go on a silly little form with an every sillier little box attached, that can be found on the Department's website. Far from ideal.
Is it on ministry of housing communities and local government page? I sent an email yesterday but it bounced back with links to 2 pages I guess it is as the box is stupidly small

If and when the new terminal is built, how about the old terminal being retained so it can be reconfigured and refurbished to create a ready-made LBA TERMINAL 2 ?? Let's wind up the group that shall not be mentioned and think big!!!!:LOL:
Just noted that the West Leeds Despatch on 7 March covered the same points, included comments from LU professors, the group that shall not be mentioned and ourselves but finished the article by saying the “ passenger flights would increase from 4 million to 7 million”. No wonder Manchester are nervous??
Unbelievable!

Two more articles (readers letters actually) in the Wharfedale. One pro, one against. As usual comments are invited.

New article in the Wharfedale directly related to this Thursdays planning meeting. Comments would be good.

Oh look, it's Richard Beecham again! Trying to drag up anything negative that he can.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock