He only speaks fo mr himself.

I know, going to be another strongly-worded email again. Sent him one back in January when LeedsLive reported him not agreeing to the plans when they first made them public. He's only trying to appeal to Uni vote in Leeds which a likely majority of them only live in Leeds for 4 years of there life.

This is typical short terminism of a politician. Is he one of the Warriors or what ever they call themselves ,and trying one of their first steps an delaying matters?

Most MPs are opportunists. The MP for the area around Bristol Airport is the Conservative Liam Fox, a former government minister.

Four years ago he publicly condemned the idea of devolution of air passenger duty to the Welsh Government because of the adverse effects he said it would have on BRS and its region's economy.

A day before the local authority determined BRS's expansion planning application last February he wrote an open letter opposing the application saying he could see no evidence that it would help the local economy. In the same letter he praised the airport, said it was an important local facility and that he has sometimes used it and will do so in the future. He just doen't want it to get any bigger or busier.

Some of the local councillors who rejected the BRS planning application said afterwards that they are not anti-BRS, recognise its importance to the city region and use it themselves, but as with the MP they believe the airport is big enough.

Is this pressure for an increase in the consultation period by the objectors a sign that they believe they’re losing the argument at present? As regards the MP, his argument that post lockdown aviation will be at a low ebb so a new terminal won’t be needed is neatly answered by LBA who say it is a long term investment. They certainly have more vision than the blinkered Alex Sobel.

Is this pressure for an increase in the consultation period by the objectors a sign that they believe they’re losing the argument at present? As regards the MP, his argument that post lockdown aviation will be at a low ebb so a new terminal won’t be needed is neatly answered by LBA who say it is a long term investment. They certainly have more vision than the blinkered Alex Sobel.
It's a non argument in the absence of anything better. If AMP wish to invest now in s terminal that won't be ready until 2023 and take that risk then why stop them ? It can only benefit the region's economy if it pays off, and if it doesn't, it's AMPs loss, nobody else's.
It seems to me that none of the objectors have any arguments against the airport that stand up to even the slightest scrutiny.

I'll be writing to Alex, as a local MP i think his comments are completely out of order. For someone who probably has a fairly large amount of employees of the airport, directly or indirectly (Jet2, Ryanair, Ground Handlers) employed who live in his constituency the comments, are quite frankly, ludicrous. This would support the aviation sector/construction industry through what inevitably will be challenging and bumpy times in the next few years.

When i say large amount of employees living in his constituency it is comparable to other MP's. Comparing to Leeds Central, Morley & Outwood etc.

I've mentioned this before, bit as it might affect the content of your letter I though I would repeat that Alex Sobel is the shadow Minister for Tourism & Heritage. Shouldnt his focus be on attracting visitors to the UK?

I've mentioned this before, bit as it might affect the content of your letter I though I would repeat that Alex Sobel is the shadow Minister for Tourism & Heritage. Shouldnt his focus be on attracting visitors to the UK?

Oh don't you worry. I may come across as sometimes a bull to a red flag, but when it comes to things like this i will take my time to draft and re-draft my letter. And let me tell you, i was planning on chucking his position in the shadow cabinet back at him.

On my parents street close to the airport there are around 7 households where people have or have in the past had employment related to the airport. I am fairly sure Alex Sobil is only thinking of himself and his own views about the airport.

There is 23 stands in this new layout correct? And 26 stands in the current layout including the laughable LBA park it where you like stands (ie Taxiway parking stands).

I've come to this conclusion from using the airside layout plan which indicates zoomed in areas. For example outside the main terminal there is room for one large aircraft (a wide-bodied) or two narrow-bodied. I've counted the narrow bodied as they will be the ones based overnight. Likewise in the corner, there is room for two Dash 8 similar aircraft side/side however likelihood is it will be a Jet2 737-800 or Ryanair 737-800 or a TUI which therefore counts as one. I'm just putting this MP in his place as his comments about night flying is fake news.

Last edited:
Sobel is playing to the gallery. Specifically the gallery that he relys on the most to re elect him. If they happen to be Tree Huggers then he is too. Privately I think he may even be in favour of it, but getting reelected is the name of his game. No more no less.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock