I frequently turn off the BBC due to inaccurate, misleading, biased reporting, by disrespectful interviewers and presenters who think they are high and mighty. Even now I have just turned off a programme about the derailment in Aberdeenshire only yesterday because the presenter is demanding answers that cannot be given right now. The interviewee explains that a report will be made in time but this is not good enough for the BBC. It disgusts me and it is getting worse. I have a friend who deals with the media a lot worldwide and he explains that when doing an interview you have to be extremely careful, they will put words in your mouth, press for a certain response, belittle you if they can, eg "do you mean to tell me......." "Should you not apologise .........." etc etc It would seem there is an underlying format to be negative about LBA and presenters will have to follow this line, whereas something about Manchester for example will be presented as 'positive'! Sad really.

As far as BBC Look North is concerned, if it didn't happen in South Yorkshire or especially Sheffield, it probably didn't happen. And if it did happen, it's bad news. Look North has had this Sheffield-and-district agenda for donkey's years. No idea why. Maybe money.

As far as BBC Look North is concerned, if it didn't happen in South Yorkshire or especially Sheffield, it probably didn't happen. And if it did happen, it's bad news. Look North has had this Sheffield-and-district agenda for donkey's years. No idea why. Maybe money.

Lol. everyone I know from Sheffield calls it “Look Leeds”. They think it’s massively biased in favour of Leeds.

The bbc should be closed down with immediate effect! £157 a year for them to try brainwash the british public by channeling their thoughts and beliefs in totally the wrong way. What the bbc broadcast is no way what the majority of the british public think! In fact what the bbc, sky etc broadcast is what causes many problems within this country, get rid!

Could someone please stop this from becoming a BBC bashing thread, there’s enough of that in the Daily Mail thank you very much!
I'm not so sure it's BBC bashing as such but the local news does come across sometimes as having editorial bias for some reason?

A few weeks ago I mentioned a Look North programme which featured a news item regarding the LBA terminal proposal. The story was immediately followed by a news item about reducing flying and CO2 emissions. A couple of weeks later a new item about DSA was featured and it was followed by a different news item which showed a couple sat by the pool in Ibiza telling people to get on a plane and get out there to enjoy the sun.

As a forum that supports airports generally, the people that come here generally want to see their local airport prosper and do well providing jobs for local people whilst providing connectivity to the world.

Forums4airports has followed the industry for many years now and you can see regional bias with the media generally. Cardiff vs Bristol is another good example. The Welsh are very supportive of Cardiff airport, as is the media. Across the Severn in Bristol the media is anti airport.

Here in the North of England, the media (including the BBC) are very supportive of Manchester airport featuring connectivity, new flights and developments as good news stories. Across the Pennines the media are very negative towards LBA.

Some years ago we were told by a forum member similar could be said with regards to GLA and EDI with the Edinburgh airport being the airport receiving the most positive press.

As for the BBC generally, I personally don't have a problem with them. They provide a great service and I wouldn't want to see it go. I do feel green stories are forced upon us though, as if we aren't allowed to make a choice or decision for ourselves. (perhaps that discussion should be left for a different part of the forum)

Last edited:
I met Paul the weatherman in a couple of occasions, funnily enough, once at LBA & once at DSA! Both times he was flying out for hols, but was up for a chat and a bit of football banter. Nice bloke.

I met Paul the weatherman in a couple of occasions, funnily enough, once at LBA & once at DSA! Both times he was flying out for hols, but was up for a chat and a bit of football banter. Nice bloke.
I passed him in the street one lunchtime opposite the BBC in Leeds, next to John Lewis. He smiled and said hello, which was nice of him. Seems like a nice guy - though I didn't ask him to get his wallet out which according to Harry, puts him in a grumpy mood.

LCY to pause terminal extension due to projected slower than anticipated recovery of passenger numbers. Im sure objectors to our new terminal will latch onto this.
The London City project is a capital spend of 500 million, a substantially larger sum of money than the proposed spend at Leeds.

If AMP get the plans passed, it is entirely possible they could place it on hold but I think its unlikely.

There again will the objectors latch on to the growth of Wizz at DSA. They said demand remains relatively strong. Or perhaps the fact TUI yesterday stated summer 2021 bookings are up by 145% .

The London City project is a capital spend of 500 million, a substantially larger sum of money than the proposed spend at Leeds.

If AMP get the plans passed, it is entirely possible they could place it on hold but I think its unlikely.

Barry Wheatpeas, the objector who comments on articles in the Wharfedale said last week that he objects to LBA obtaining permission and then "holding it in their back pocket" presumably on the grounds that they should withdraw the application and resubmit at a later date.

LBA have repeatedly said they still intend to go ahead with the terminal now, with completion 2023. This was re-iterated only a week ago when they submitted their Covid impact report to Leeds City Planning.

The objectors just come up with any 'justification' for turning this down that they can think of, none of which are based on knowledge or fact.
They need to take into account that with or without growth, the existing terminal is knackered and is preventing LBA from providing passengers with the standards of service required today. They know it too. They need a new terminal even if by 2030 passenger figures have only got back to last year's levels.

What gets me is that the objectors are all alike. They are all claiming lots of extra flights on the one hand, yet claiming their is insufficient demand in the other. Desperately clutching at any excuse they can to have it rejected. And they all continue to do so because they totally missed the boat when growth to 7m was effectively approved in January 2019 when they were all too busy with the likes of Brexit to notice.

LBA have repeatedly said they still intend to go ahead with the terminal now, with completion 2023. This was re-iterated only a week ago when they submitted their Covid impact report to Leeds City Planning.

The objectors just come up with any 'justification' for turning this down that they can think of, none of which are based on knowledge or fact.
They need to take into account that with or without growth, the existing terminal is knackered and is preventing LBA from providing passengers with the standards of service required today. They know it too. They need a new terminal even if by 2030 passenger figures have only got back to last year's levels.

What gets me is that the objectors are all alike. They are all claiming lots of extra flights on the one hand, yet claiming their is insufficient demand in the other. Desperately clutching at any excuse they can to have it rejected. And they all continue to do so because they totally missed the boat when growth to 7m was effectively approved in January 2019 when they were all too busy with the likes of Brexit to notice.
In other words what your trying to say WH is that there just fulla s***! whatever comes out of their gobs is false crap with uneducated knowledge, they have nothing else better to do but moan and try bring others down around them inc peoples careers, probably because they have no career themselves esp ER and the like! so they pick the obvious targets inc aviation.
As soon as this covid-19 departs us LBA will bounce back esp the holiday market 100%, in fact if things get better for next year im pretty certain far more will be wanting to fly abroad esp with not travelling this year. What is for sure is that whether LBA gets this new terminal approved or not we most definitely need a new terminal, if LCC Reject this fantastic AMP plan then LCC might as well just shut down LBA because that's basically what they would be doing.
By the way I wonder how many ER,NIMBYS and the like fly on aircraft! :unsure: :finger:

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock