Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
United-Kingdom
Thomas Cook Launches Summer Holidays to Tunisia

Leading tour operator, Thomas Cook, has announced that it will be introducing flights to the popular North African holiday destination of Tunisa this summer from Leeds Bradford International Airport (LBIA).

This new destination for Leeds Bradford will operate every Sunday from the beginning of May until October 2009.

Commenting on the announcement Sally Ramsey, Marketing & Business Development Manager at LBIA said: 'Tunisia is a vibrant and exciting destination for our discerning customers, offering Yorkshire holidaymakers the chance to experience a unique destination which as a non-Euro country also offers excellent value for money.”

As the market leader, Thomas Cook has a wide range of Tunisian holidays available from Leeds Bradford, including tours and desert safaris in the Sahara, twin centres and beach stays. They have a superb choice of hotels from small, charming and family run to large hotel complexes featuring spas and oceanfront locations on an all inclusive basis.
Tunisia holidays also represent great value for money.

Whether you prefer a long walk along miles of sandy beaches, wind surfing in the cool Mediterranean breeze, exploring ancient sites and legendary cities a round of golf or just a long lazy day relaxing by the pool, Tunisia has it all.

Prices at the Soviva Resort hotel in Port El Kantaoui start at £349 per person, based on an all inclusive basis for seven nights including return flights from Leeds Bradford Airport.

For more information and bookings visit your local ABTA travel agent or visit www.thomascook.com

Source

• Admin
With this I presume we are back up to serving four continents. Trusting that the flight actually takes place this time around.

You presume wrong. We already have Africa, ie Sharm-el-Sheikh.

• Admin
A quick update here.

According to the Mayfly Thomas Cook has 21 flights planned for the summer once the full program gets underway in May. Most but not all flights will be operated by the company's inhouse airline Thomas Cook Airlines. Air Europa will also be making a twice weekly appearance. The weekly flight to Monastir is still showing for the time being, but there's still no indication as to which airline will operate the route. Will the flight ever get off the ground as every other year this flight has been put on sale it hasn't materialised.

MON TCX862K LPA
MON TCX297K REU
MON TCX411K DLM

TUE TCX629K PMI
TUE TCX651K HER
TUE KM5209 MLA

WED TCX612K FUE
WED TCX876K RHO

THU TCX853K FAO
THU AEA192 ACE
THU TCX487K ZTH

FRI TCX652K IBZ
FRI AEA211 TFS
FRI TCX673K MAH
FRI TCX152K DLM

SAT TCX486K PMI
SAT TCX674K ALC
SAT TCX148K BOJ

SUN LS185 AGP
SUN ---------- MIR ? ?
SUN TCX654K LCA

• Admin
I have expected this to happen. The handling agents have known about it for a couple of weeks from what I gather. :nea:

It's still on sale and starts on Sunday so they have left it very late if it is not operating. Thomas Cook have also added MIR for Nov-09 and Mar and Apr-10 within the last couple of weeks so it would not suggest a lack of confidence in the route.

Thomas Cook website won't let you book LBA-MIR holidays until Sunday 24th May. Departures for 3rd, 10th and 17th just come up with NCL.

Thomas Cook website won't let you book LBA-MIR holidays until Sunday 24th May. Departures for 3rd, 10th and 17th just come up with NCL.

The Thomas Cook Monastrir route is defintley happening this year. With it coming on sale late in the winter. they had not had much lead in time for forward bookings. So hence the reason to delay the launch of the route until May 24th.

As somebody quite rightly said before Thomas Cook do now have the monastir route bookable through the winter 2009/10 season now as well. (Operated Nov 1st till Nov 29th 2009. Then restarts on March 7th and runs till April 25th 2009 arriving LBA at 14:00 and departs back to Monastrir at 15:00. So yet another route to add to the winter sun route network from LBA.

Spot on lbaspotter...

TCX483K MONASTIR 0835

At last after years of false starts the service has finally gone ahead at long last.

But wasm't the Monastir flight originall going to be on a GLA based 757 with our A320 doing the usual Malaga run on Sunday morning? We seem to have gained Monastir but lost Malaga, as the based A320 is doing Monastir. Anyone know if this changes later in the summer or is the way it will be right through? Do we have a TCX flight to Malaga or have the tour operators given up and left it to Jet2?

The Thomas Cook Malaga passengers have been transferred to the Jet2 flight for the Sunday operation.

I believe...... Thomas Cook are on the verge of announcing an Antalya route from Leeds Bradford for next summer. Fingers crossed folks, this would be a great new route. Opening the resorts of Alanya & Side to Passengers in yorkshire without the journey to DSA or MAN.

It is yet to be made public but keep your eyes out on TCX Turkey, SU2010 & Manos brochures in the coming months.

Thats great news...if its from a reliable source "WYIA"? At this time, any new route is good news, but lets hope TCX expand operations from LBA and use larger aircraft maybe? The current a320 gets a lot of use (up to three rotations from LBA per day) and is usually full!

I hope this is true - I only posted yesterday on another thread the fact that everyone seems to have Antalya except us - even Humberside and next summer, Donny. Perhaps this announcement is a direct response to Thomson announcing Antalya from Donny in 2010, to ensure that they don't lose that part of the market.

It seems to be devleloping into a straight fight between Thomas Cook Group out of LBA and Thomson out of Doncaster. At least we do have a fair few Thomson destinations at LBA even if most operate on other aircraft. As the market expands again, that can often lead to expansion and a based aircraft or two if the demand is there. After all, a few years ago, Thomas Cook were a minor player at LBA using seats on Airtours International aircraft and even before they bought out Airtours, there was a gradual expansion and only a matter of time before the airline based here.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock