Does a change in airline livery really make a difference in terms of attracting more passengers and thus more revenue? Flybe is currently in the latest of its business reincarnations to try to turn its fortunes around. They must think this is money well spent. I'd love to hear their raison d'etre.

Does a change in airline livery really make a difference in terms of attracting more passengers and thus more revenue? Flybe is currently in the latest of its business reincarnations to try to turn its fortunes around. They must think this is money well spent. I'd love to hear their raison d'etre.

I always thought it looked like it had been done by a kid with crayons.
The one livery kids and teens was i think!
I think it's about the image and the branding of the company and the livery is part of that but how much they make a difference is probably debatable as no doubt there will be many factors in why people choose to fly with them.

Could Flybe's new livery potentially suggest a merger with Eastern Airways may be on the cards in the future?

I doubt it. Given the mix of fleet Eastern have, it wouldn't make any sense to merge with them. If anything it would be a takeover by flybe not a merger. Flybe could easily see them off certain routes.
Eastern could continue to be a subsidiary of flybe, operating their aircraft on thinner flybe routes. What this offers flybe I have no idea as they could just avoid the market. Flybe have much more brand awareness than eastern, who currently appear to be completely lost and failing miserably in terms of performance.
Have a similar underside can't have any relation to a merger. Plus one is blue the other is purple.

I suppose it is highly unlikely and having them as a franchise partner may be enough for Flybe. As for the livery even though they are different colours it may well give a more standardised look between them.

I suppose it is highly unlikely and having them as a franchise partner may be enough for Flybe. As for the livery even though they are different colours it may well give a more standardised look between them.
Assuming that the next CEO doesn't decide to change the livery! Lol

Assuming that the next CEO doesn't decide to change the livery! Lol
It does seem that when the new CEO arrives the colour of the aircraft change. This has happened a few times and like wise with the airline name.

It does seem that when the new CEO arrives the colour of the aircraft change. This has happened a few times and like wise with the airline name.
Yeah i suppose each CEO has their own vision of the airline!

Its just like new football managers,it seems like money is no object,but when the old management in place there is no money in the pot.I have never been able to work that out.

Its just like new football managers,it seems like money is no object,but when the old management in place there is no money in the pot.I have never been able to work that out.
If this was done during a “D check” roughly 8 years into service depending on cycles, quite often paint is removed to inspect for corrosion so the cost could be quite minamal.

So i went through some of my old Flybe photos and videos and put this video together.
Fascinating medley there, Jerry, with the airline's different aircraft types and colour schemes on display.

Just had a look at Flybe and it looks like for January Faro, Milan, Munich, Berlin and Rome have been suspended. Together these routes accounted for 5111 passengers between them.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock