I haven't seen any official announcement but apparently Spencer Birns has been made CEO permanently.

The airport should diversify more towards cargo. Any contributors to this forum aware of what is holding the airport back from this strategy? Bonded warehouses, customs clearance etc?

The airport should diversify more towards cargo. Any contributors to this forum aware of what is holding the airport back from this strategy? Bonded warehouses, customs clearance etc?
Probably lack of warehousing and cold storage. Most airports tend to have some sort of business park next to them but Cardiff doesn't really have one.

i think major problem is the fact that many of the major cargo operators have got large central hubs elsewhere.

If Amazon was located in Cardiff and not Swansea then could have been a good option.

Also no live animals can be brought into the country as Cardiff is not an approved airport. I imagine if there was a huge demand for cargo then the cold storage etc would be able to be resolved as there’s plenty of land around the airport.

If Amazon was located in Cardiff and not Swansea then could have been a good option
Amazon use Southend but the DC is in Tilbury. Unfortunately I just think in logistics the mindset that Wales is just an extension of England may well just be too ingrained.

Walesonline are really not good at reporting anything to do with Cardiff Airport.
They do not have the facts,but still put out potentially damaging headlines.
Its like they have political preferences, that try to undermine the Welsh Government.
Is RT Davies on the payroll?:)

Why don't they ask the airport before they go to "print".
That's too easy! Lol
Walesonline are really not good at reporting anything to do with Cardiff Airport.
They do not have the facts,but still put out potentially damaging headlines.
Its like they have political preferences, that try to undermine the Welsh Government.
Is RT Davies on the payroll?:)
Pretty sure WalesOnline are more left leaning. It's surprising though how many people don't realise that people are still flying in and out of the country.

Why don't they ask the airport before they go to "print".
That's too easy! Lol

Pretty sure WalesOnline are more left leaning. It's surprising though how many people don't realise that people are still flying in and out of the country.
Wales Online is owned by Reach plc, formerly Trinity Mirror plc. Reach owns around 240 regional newspaper titles as well as a number of mainstream newspapers such as the Daily Mirror, Sunday Mirror, Daily Express, Sunday Express and others.

With the regional titles in particular Reach obtains much of its output by trawling the internet looking for stories, especially social media sites.

Aviation is a favourite theme because decisions by airlines or national aviation policy can be tailored to the local titles. Aviation news is also easy to come by as airports and airlines frequently issue press releases, another source of stories for the Reach local titles.

Plaid says that expansion of air travel is not an important part of its transport policy because of its effect on global warming and believes the UK government should remove the ‘tax break’ on aviation fuel and introduce a duty on the fuel.

However, it recognises that air travel is an essential element in international communication and the tourist industry and therefore there is a need for a viable international airport in the country.

It also says that APD should be devolved to Wales. It must surely be aware that the result would be a reduction or removal of the tax in its entirety in order to stimulate business at CWL.

So it would like to see measures that would be likely to see more flights from CWL whilst at the same time demanding a duty on aviation fuel that might have the opposite effect as fares would rise.

So it would like to see measures that would be likely to see more flights from CWL whilst at the same time demanding a duty on aviation fuel that might have the opposite effect as fares would rise.
I suppose the idea would be that it provides incentive for airline's to switch to bio fuel though I believe there's an international agreement in place over aviation fuel taxes.
Although Plaid have said they want APD devolved I don't think they've said what they'd specifically do. I expect that they'd look change it so it has a more environmentally friendly focus while trying to help the airport provide links to help Welsh global connectivity etc. In the manifesto a national carbon offset company based at the airport was mentioned so we could see an emphasis through that to offset emissions from aviation at the airport. Labour manifesto comes out tomorrow so it'll be interesting to see what they say.

The screenshots below is from the Cardiff Wales Airport section of the Plaid Cymru manifesto for the May election. I'll post from the other main parties when their manifestos are released.
View attachment 23255View attachment 23256
This is what i could find with reference to Cardiff Airport in Labour's manifesto.

"Build a sustainable future for our key ports and Cardiff Airport."

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock