Is it just me who finds it odd that TUI seem to be offering very little to Cyprus for the upcoming winter when it (for now) is probably one of the only destinations they’ll actually be able to go to? Canaries flights seem to be scheduled almost as normal from most bases when I think most of us now realise the likelihood of this happening is slim. Yet there has been very little for Cyprus in this latter part of S20 (nothing from CWL) and there are no planned Cyprus flights from any TUI bases in December, January or February, with very limited flights in November and a planned restart from March/April. I understand the Cyprus rules are fairly strict regarding testing and subsequent quarantine, but surely it’s better than the blanket quarantine that’s in force for pretty much every other destination?

Last year they operated Paphos in November and December and returned at the end of February but don't seem this year. Without the Canaries operating I can see them effectively being on shutdown for the winter.

Is it just me who finds it odd that TUI seem to be offering very little to Cyprus for the upcoming winter when it (for now) is probably one of the only destinations they’ll actually be able to go to? Canaries flights seem to be scheduled almost as normal from most bases when I think most of us now realise the likelihood of this happening is slim. Yet there has been very little for Cyprus in this latter part of S20 (nothing from CWL) and there are no planned Cyprus flights from any TUI bases in December, January or February, with very limited flights in November and a planned restart from March/April. I understand the Cyprus rules are fairly strict regarding testing and subsequent quarantine, but surely it’s better than the blanket quarantine that’s in force for pretty much every other destination?
It would certainly make sense to maximise offerings to destinations not under restrictions, but dpn't forget they are a package operator, so it may not be as simple as just offering flights. There may not be the hotels available. Some hotel operators may shut down for winter meaning less availability.

It would certainly make sense to maximise offerings to destinations not under restrictions, but dpn't forget they are a package operator, so it may not be as simple as just offering flights. There may not be the hotels available. Some hotel operators may shut down for winter meaning less availability.
That’s a good point and may well be partly the case. But they still seem to be offering considerably less capacity to Cyprus this year than normal.

Obviously in this situation, fewer people will be looking to travel, but when it’s the only option they really have, it’s still slightly surprising they aren’t trying to offer more capacity. I’m sure the industry in Cyprus would like to see that also.

I hate to say it but I agree that this winter could be a near or complete shutdown for TUI (and possibly others).

I hate to say it but I agree that this winter could be a near or complete shutdown for TUI (and possibly others).
Probably the only way that will save many companies like them.

TUI have released winter 2021/22
Tenerife is 3 weekly
Lanzarote 2 weekly
Alicante 2 weekly
Gran Canaria 1 weekly
Malaga 1 weekly
Sharm el Sheikh 1 weekly
Mondays Tenerife flight is non based and I expect Sharm will get dropped.

I wonder if TUI flights from Cardiff will get a boost with England going into lockdown? Even with demand low there'll be people from Wales booked with TUI to the Canaries and Cardiff may well be their only option if they want to go on holiday.

I wonder if TUI flights from Cardiff will get a boost with England going into lockdown? Even with demand low there'll be people from Wales booked with TUI to the Canaries and Cardiff may well be their only option if they want to go on holiday.
I would be very surprised if TUI kept the hotels open and reps on site for just CWL flights, I would imagine they will not do any flights at all from the UK.
I could be wrong ?

I would be very surprised if TUI kept the hotels open and reps on site for just CWL flights, I would imagine they will not do any flights at all from the UK.
I could be wrong ?
It's not just Wales but Scotland and Northern Ireland and whatever flights they do from Europe. Guess we'll find out eventually but it does seem a tad unfair to punish holiday maker's from other countries because England is in lockdown.

It's not just Wales but Scotland and Northern Ireland and whatever flights they do from Europe. Guess we'll find out eventually but it does seem a tad unfair to punish holiday maker's from other countries because England is in lockdown.
For Scotland, it would appear that the new tier system due to come into force from tomorrow will not add any further restrictions on international travel. The Canary Islands are on the exemption list for quarantine and so these flights may well continue to go ahead as planned. There were several TUI flights down to ACE/TFS today. I’m not sure whether the English flights went out empty or if they will continue to take people away until Thursday. However, the first ABZ-TFS flight of the season went ahead which implies they intend to continue with Scottish flights as there were no passengers needing to be brought back to ABZ.

Well hopefully that means good news for CWL and TUI will continue to operate during England's lockdown when Wales firebreak lockdown ends!

It sound's like TUI won't be flying anyone anywhere after lockdown as only essential travel out of Wales will be allowed for at least 2 weeks after. Applies to Scotland and Northern Ireland as well.

I think the First Minister also said that it would not be right for CWL to offer international flights whilst the England lockdown is in force, so no international flights until December, that was in answer to a member of the media, at todays press conference.

I think the First Minister also said that it would not be right for CWL to offer international flights whilst the England lockdown is in force, so no international flights until December, that was in answer to a member of the media, at todays press conference.
I have a feeling that if the situation was reversed the UK government wouldn't feel the same way for England.

Looks like most of the movements are going to come from the sports teams over the next month, although a Maleth Air A340 was in and out several times today.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock