Re: Eastern Airways & Air Southwest

Aviador said:
That might well be the case for people booking well in advance but on many occasions a business meeting will be arranged last minute. Even businesses are trying to reduce costs by telling their staff to use a cheaper options. Business fairs are ridiculously high with Eastern Airways.

For example, if a businessman was looking to book a day return next week on Tuesday the 16th August the cheapest return fare with Eastern Airways is £279.70. In comparison Flybe is charging £156.97 for the cheapest day return fare on the same day.

i see how you mean

It's pleasing to hear they are on track but I find it very surprising that they have acquired the stake in Humberside. Surely that will have a negative impact on profits?

In a different thread "LBAspotter" reports...

Eastern Airways took delivery of the 1st of 2 brand new ATR72's today direct from Toulouse. The aircraft serial numbers are MSN1448 and MSN1482 which are being leased from Nordic Aviation Capital (NAC) and will operate on the airlines Aberdeen to Scatsta (Shetland Isles) oil contract charter services.

Further cut backs for Flybe and its franchise with Eastern Airways now confirmed from June 11th.

Aberdeen-Stornoway = Reduced from 11x to 5 x weekly.
Aberdeen-Wick = Reduced from 11x to 9 x weekly

Already confirmed
Aberdee-Leeds = Axed
Aberdeen-Leeds-Southampton =Axed
Leeds-Southampton = Reduced from 19x to 11x weekly.
Isle of Man-Glasgow = Axed
Isle of Man-Newcastle = Axed
Isle of Man-Belfast City = Axed
Newcastle-Belfast City = Axed

Looks like the new management from Bistrow Group involved in running Eastern Aorways are getting rid of the deadwood.
Eg: Cutting there losses by either reducing services or completely running away by withdrawing routes.
Or could it be connected to the ageing and unreliability of the fleet?

What is going on?

They definiteley seem to be trimming the deadwood routes since Bristow took complete control. I wouldn't be surprised if they end up an ACMI airline and operate the routes on behalf of Flybe rather than as a franchisee.

Having read the linked article I think it is a case of "Watch this space" don't you?
The words of the auditors are the most telling. Company representatives, whichever company it is, will naturally be bullish in their public statements in such situations.

Without some form of government help it's hard to believe that airlines won't find the Covid effects increasingly difficult to counter.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock