I can't 'like' your post for obvious reasons but I join you in your RIP sentiment.

It's said that people often remember how they heard the news of significant events. I can remember how I heard about 9/11 and Lord Mountbatten's death but other momentous events such as Kennedy's assassination are a blur when it comes to recalling how I heard the news.

I do remember how I learned of the Manchester Airport tragedy. My wife and I were spending a few days in and around Exmoor and were at Lynmouth on the day in question (Lynmouth is no stranger to tragedy itself with the 1952 flood disaster), and when we returned to our car we turned on the radio to hear the terrible news.

It`s funny how you remember things like this, I was in Yorkshire Dales and rang home just after it happened
Lockerbie I was in Middleton at a chippie whilst working an evening delivering the papers for bookies and
it must have almost gone overhead

Does anybody know what this new restriction is that is having a large effect on departures at
Manchester caused by no take offs when traffic on finals to 27 at Liverpool, air traffic are going mad about it as
they are getting lots of complaints from departing aircraft and asking them to make reports, the controller
said it is for the forseeable future and is rediculous
As seems almost normal I'm again away from base and stuck with just the mobile!! I do however have an answer to your question and I'll try to copy and paste it for you later today.

Cheers Scottie, it does seem to have gone back to normal now but on that Sunday people were getting quite uptight about it

I have noticed much different approach paths into Liverpool recently when landings are on 27.
Surly there’s big enough spacing between the two areas...but hey i’m no expert

Okay, I'm still away but now have the laptop out - using the phone as a tether (you guys don't how much grief I'm getting from my wife for doing this :arghh: - actually she's not that bad:LOL::LOL:)

So here the answer from a man that knows:

There has always been an issue with certain SID’s from 23L/R conflicting with Liverpool 27 arrivals and this historically has been resolved on a tactical basis. However, as in any safety culture, ideas change and develop and “sorting it out once they are airborne” is now no longer considered a suitable mitigation.
So basically the radar video map now has two new chunks of airspace marked out, one to north and one to the south of the Liverpool 27 centreline, during which time any Liverpool 27 arrivals are in that airspace, Manchester can only depart traffic on LISTO SID’s. Bit of overkill? I couldn’t possibly comment.

Have a great evening.

Do we know how many passengers went through the airport over the bank holiday weekend? I haven't heard any MEN or daily stail stories on horrendous queues etc so like to think MAN were well prepared and staffed adequately?!

Thanks David for that refreshing article. You and I both know that Manchester constantly gets a bit of a ribbing in the press and so this is good news.

Do we know how many passengers went through the airport over the bank holiday weekend? I haven't heard any MEN or daily stail stories on horrendous queues etc so like to think MAN were well prepared and staffed adequately?!

I passed through MAN as a passenger three times over the holiday weekend. Inbound from Kyiv Boryspil with Ryanair Friday lunchtime: no delays whatsoever arriving through T3. Outbound Sunday morning very early for the O5:55 KLM to Amsterdam through T3: lots of early Ryanair pax going through as well but all flowed smoothly, queueing less than five minutes. Inbound on SAS from Copenhagen through T1 around 09:30 on Monday - maybe two minutes of a queue, nothing to speak of. All looked very well organised to me. Quite happy with it.

Same here. No problems except my dodgy passport that wont go through our e-gates - ok at AMS, TXL and PRG though!

I guess it's the same as any UK transport infrastructure, with plan A well thought through, but without any viable contingency or spare capacity for problems. It's fine if it works...

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock