TheLocalYokel

Honorary Member Of Forums4airports
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
It seems to happen more times than you can imagine. I can't understand why anybody would but their career on the line.
Obviously we shall have to wait for a court to determine guilt or otherwise in this incident, but it's certainly not the first time similar events have occurred as the linked BBC report makes clear.

TheLocalYokel

Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Thanks Jerry. We love visiting Glasgow - have done so many times. GLA has the feel of a biggish airport even though its current annual passenger throughput is under 9 million.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Leeds
Thanks Jerry. We love visiting Glasgow - have done so many times. GLA has the feel of a biggish airport even though its current annual passenger throughput is under 9 million.
Yes I found it to be a busy as an airport but not overly busy especially like Edinburgh where that always seems to be quite packed. I enjoyed flying from there. It now leaves me with Inverness to fly from to complete the set of the biggest Scottish airports to fly from.

TheLocalYokel

Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes
Yes I found it to be a busy as an airport but not overly busy especially like Edinburgh where that always seems to be quite packed. I enjoyed flying from there. It now leaves me with Inverness to fly from to complete the set of the biggest Scottish airports to fly from.
We flew into and out of Inverness over ten years ago. It was a delightful airport to use then - they were so helpful. Hopefully, it still is.

IanFarquharson

Jul 23, 2015
Balsall Common
bhxmovements..co.uk
British Airways drops ‘regional weekend’ CityFlyer services to Europe
During the week, BA CityFlyer flies from London City airport to key business destinations in Europe. At weekends, however, it offers a range of leisure destinations to maximise the use of its aircraft.

As far as I can tell, all of these services appear to have been cancelled for Summer 2020 although passengers have not been notified. Here are the impacted routes which have been cut:

From Edinburgh: Florence, Palma

From Glasgow: Palma

From Manchester: Alicante, Florence, Ibiza, Malaga, Mykonos, Nice, Palma

From Stansted: Faro, Florence, Ibiza, Malaga, Mykonos, Palma

KARFA

Jun 3, 2014
A fairly obvious consequence of the rules introduced in Scotland from mid February since all international arrivals must do enforced hotel quarantine for 10 days at a cost of £1750. Other than for red list countries, this is avoided by arriving in to somewhere else in the UK first before going to Scotland.

Severn

Staff member
Subscriber
Subscriber
Mar 24, 2012
Bristol, UK
Aircraft Based / Overnighting at GLA - August 2022

TOTAL: 25

Note: Some aircraft may be standby aircraft or in maintenance

Loganair (7)
DHC6 (3)​
SF34 (2)​
E145 (2)​

easyJet (5)
A320 (5)​

Jet2 (5)
B738 (5)​

TUI (3)
B38M (2)​
B788 (1)​

British Airways (3)
A320 (2)​
A321 (1)​

BA Cityflyer (1)
E190 (1)​

KLM (1)
E295 (1)​

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.