Okay guys, I have heard from another forum a new longhaul route will be annouced this week! I have heard from Sources that Toronto by WestJet will be the route, although Air India have had reps in too...

Any guesses?

More Air China charters.

BA cityflyer have a new route to Guernsey reported by Sean M1997 on twitter

2x weekly starting on 25 June (Flights on Mondays and Fridays)

There’s talk about Flyr airlines entering the UK market with Edinburgh being a destination they’re interested in operating from.

They are planning an Edinburgh to Oslo route at 2 weekly flights. Nothings been confirmed fully but one to keep an eye on.

Does Edinburgh have much of a Pakistani community? I know Glasgow has offered PIA flights in the past has Edinburgh ever offer flights to Pakistan? Are there any flights to Pakistan from Scotland these days?

According to last census, approx 50,000 Pakistanis or of origin live in Scotland. Around 12% live in Edinburgh. This equates to approx 6,000. Approx 21,000 in Glasgow/West of Scotland. PIA at present are not flying to any UK destination. VS I believe we’re planning to resume services but pulled out. Even BA don’t serve Pakistan. I‘m not aware of PIA ever having served EDI.

Both BA and VS fly LHR to ISB. VS seasonally serve MAN to ISB, whilst PIA in the form of Jordan Aviation, operate LHR, MAN and BHX to ISB. There has been discussion of PIA resuming its Glasgow Faisalabad service once/if the EU ban is lifted.

Given the large community around Glasgow I wonder whether it might prompt TK to look at GLA, although, currently, no UK airport appears on their list of proposed services.

EK already have a good proportion of this market out of GLA and unless it was a direct flight I think TK would struggle, and take business away from EDI. Also it could start a price war where no one wins.

Interesting article about JetBlue and expansion of European services. I wonder if EDI could be in line for something? The airline did confirm recently that they had engaged with “other UK airports“ re possible expansion and services. I don’t see them challenging DL and UA in the NYC market. Boston could be a good shout. They have a strong presence there. We also know DL enjoyed impressive LF’s on this route in S22 and have increased to daily in S23 with an earlier start and extension of season.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock