I Googled Sheffield Meadowhall to LBA and it now takes you to East Leeds on the M1 where you join the East Leeds Orbital. This route is going to be so much easier from the South and East than before. At the time when I did the search it gave 57 minutes. That's really not bad at all.
I play golf at Garforth quite a bit and the new road has made a huge difference.

Just got back from Sheffield via the ELOR. Google actually suggested routing through central Leeds saying it was slightly quicker but the new road felt so much easier and much less stressful and definitely my preferred access point travelling North, East or South. It took 1hr 5min in total from Sheffield Meadowhall.

Road and transport improvements back on the agenda.

Yet more consultation.......

UK summed up. Nothing gets done but the majority of the sheep in the public moan that stuff needs improving. But yet will not accept stuff.

Example - why does east Leeds get a link road yet the West Leeds/Airport link road was not approved? Both would majority help the communities of their busy roads by taking away traffic from those areas. Improving the air quality and traffic noise. Also improving public transport as less Traffic.

Typical Labour. Will happily talk the talk about been all "green" and "on the side of the working person" yet rejects plans like this. That's why I wont vote for them ever.

UK summed up. Nothing gets done but the majority of the sheep in the public moan that stuff needs improving. But yet will not accept stuff.

Example - why does east Leeds get a link road yet the West Leeds/Airport link road was not approved? Both would majority help the communities of their busy roads by taking away traffic from those areas. Improving the air quality and traffic noise. Also improving public transport as less Traffic.

Typical Labour. Will happily talk the talk about been all "green" and "on the side of the working person" yet rejects plans like this. That's why I wont vote for them ever.
The link road was opposed because the NIMBYs dont want anything that might help the airport to grow. They are happy to point to poor road and transport links when arguing that the airport is in the wrong place, but whatever solution to that is offered, they will object purely out of selfishness.

Sadly, everything that's done in this country is subjected to endless rounds of consultation. We've had it already for the Parkway Station, and now we're off again with the surrounding roads. And yet more money wasted on cycle lanes that won't go anywhere in particular and will end up little used.

Looks like we are all going to have to dust our bikes down, oil the wheels and then cycle from our homes to the airport with our 23kg suitcase strapped to the handlebar. When will Leeds ever get its travel infrastructure right and build the roads that are needed to rid itself of all this traffic chaos. Its plainly obvious that a West Leeds orbital road is needed similar to what was initially proposed but as usual the labour run council bows down to the few green objectors who object to anything car related. The car situation is not going away just because petrol/diesel cars are banned in 2030. The roads will still be clogged up with electric vehicles.

Looks like we are all going to have to dust our bikes down, oil the wheels and then cycle from our homes to the airport with our 23kg suitcase strapped to the handlebar. When will Leeds ever get its travel infrastructure right and build the roads that are needed to rid itself of all this traffic chaos. Its plainly obvious that a West Leeds orbital road is needed similar to what was initially proposed but as usual the labour run council bows down to the few green objectors who object to anything car related. The car situation is not going away just because petrol/diesel cars are banned in 2030. The roads will still be clogged up with electric vehicles.
It's no good making our points on here. log into the survey and make them there

Earlier today, I was reading that Palma will get the Trambadia subject to consultation, which in Spain is normally a tick box exercise. Trams for 250 passengers, every 10 minutes with a 30 minute journey from central Palma to the airport - cost 185 million euro for 11 kilometres including bridges over the via cintura central motorway.

Meantime Broken Britain only seems to ever progress anything in London and the South East. Levelling up is just a strap line, which if we hear enough, I think is supposed to hypnotise us Northerners to believe the utter garbage all governments churn out about how we get our fair share - Not!

Our region does very badly in both funding and infrastructure, LBA planning delays, the link road consultation and then removal, hs2 not progressing, Bradford not getting a new station…. the list goes on. Your average 3rd world country puts some of our infrastructure to shame.

I have filled in the consultation document, I think the plans lack ambition and is a sticking plaster, but I suppose it may be better than nowt.

The link road was opposed because the NIMBYs dont want anything that might help the airport to grow. They are happy to point to poor road and transport links when arguing that the airport is in the wrong place, but whatever solution to that is offered, they will object purely out of selfishness.

Sadly, everything that's done in this country is subjected to endless rounds of consultation. We've had it already for the Parkway Station, and now we're off again with the surrounding roads. And yet more money wasted on cycle lanes that won't go anywhere in particular and will end up little used.

I prefer to call them "WMDS B NIMBY's" - We must do something, BUT, not in my by yard. A bunch of hypocrites really.

Part of the reason is that the planning permission is all done political. It's nationalised if you will. To many councillors and MP's don't have the backbone or balls to do something and say it how they see it. These people can look at something subjectively and independently. What needs to happen is the planning permission needs to be removed completely from political stadium. Councillors and Mp's are only concerned about doing what they need for the short term. None of them have any long term ideas for anything here in Broken Britain.

Parkway station should in theory be approved. Whilst it benefits the airport very indirectly it's a major benefit for Cookridge.

It's no good making our points on here. log into the survey and make them there
Agreed Yorkie. I completed the survey on Friday.

What intrigued me was that if Scotland Lane is being improved back towards the Parkway Shuttle bus access point, is that not roughly where 2 of the three options ran to on the by-pass proposals a few years back ?

The access into the Business Park is similar to those in the 2 proposals above. There may also be a further proposed road right through that development onto Otley Old Road area.

As I recall those 2 proposals garnered support of around 40-45% each. Is what the Council are now doing in part a scaled down and cheaper proposal to those earlier ones ?

Do you think the Council are trying to get the link road to the airport in sections after all the link up from the Horsforth -Guiseley road was supported in both earlier proposals or am I tilting at windmills? Just a thought.

I hope so. Forget the airport for a moment, the area desperately needs road improvements or an Aireborough bypass.
I agree and I think piecemeal/dual carriageway infills on the ORR with frequent and small scale road improvements should be the norm rather than hugely expensive and major developments that are more likely to stall , particularly with the financial constraints the country faces.

Not long after the link road was cancelled, LBA stated that the Northern End of that proposal would still be built, or something along those lines, and maybe in stages. The Horsforth end was the end that caused the problems being very expensive to construct - and attracted the most complaints despite only impacting a handful of properties near Horsforth Golf Club

Agreed Yorkie. I completed the survey on Friday.

What intrigued me was that if Scotland Lane is being improved back towards the Parkway Shuttle bus access point, is that not roughly where 2 of the three options ran to on the by-pass proposals a few years back ?

The access into the Business Park is similar to those in the 2 proposals above. There may also be a further proposed road right through that development onto Otley Old Road area.

As I recall those 2 proposals garnered support of around 40-45% each. Is what the Council are now doing in part a scaled down and cheaper proposal to those earlier ones ?

Do you think the Council are trying to get the link road to the airport in sections after all the link up from the Horsforth -Guiseley road was supported in both earlier proposals or am I tilting at windmills? Just a thought.
Good for you. Ive just submitted my views. Basically I think they are all good proposals and I strongly suggest forum members make their approval (or otherwise) known.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

New "Helpful" tick and a "Great Photo" camera reactions now added.
X (Formerly Twitter) embeds should now be working fully again, though you may need to use the [MEDIA] BB Code to see the full effect if the single link doesn't embed correctly ;)
Being elevated in the field of Law does not make one immune from the troubles of medical life, apart from a long standing Brain issue, I have been diagnosed with Angina, a condition that actually hurts. I have no family and since my precious dog Peggy died, I have have no one to oblige myself. I am unwell, cannot avoid that so I wish you all well.
All set for a busy football weekend peeps?
A couple of tweaks here and there coming, keep an eye and see if you can spot the difference ;)
That time of the year again. The Eurovision 2024

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock