Just seen a post on Twitter stating that the Transdev's "Flyerbuses" services A1 (Leeds-Airport) & A3 (Bradford-Airport-Otley) are now classed as premium services and safe from cuts. But the service A2 (Bradford-Airport-Harrogate) could be under treat from been axed if talks with local authorities and business partners are unsuccessful. The is even possibility Transdev may hand the tenders back early so that other operators can take them over.

Now an I thinking right as I'm sure the is an agreement in place (Section 106) that the airport has to keep funding its bus link with Harrogate.

Last edited:
Just seen a post on Twitter stating that the Transdev's "Flyerbuses" services A1 (Leeds-Airport) & A3 (Bradford-Airport-Otley) are now classed as premium services and safe from cuts. But the service A2 (Bradford-Airport-Harrogate) could be under treat from been axed if talks with local authorities and business partners are unsuccessful. The is even possibility Transdev may hand the tenders back early so that other operators can take them over.

Now an I thinking right as I'm sure the is an agreement in place (Section 106) that the airport has to keep funding its bus link with Harrogate.
If there is such a requirement, I have never heard of it. It's hard to think why Leeds City Council would issue a S106 order forcing the airport to pay to operate a route to Harrogate, in which they have almost zero interest. It's a route which beyond Pool is outside their area.

People want some news, well the airport's local bus operator Transdev is predicting a summer boost for its FLYER Bus network

Transdev predicts summer boost for its FLYER bus network​

1674674999317.png

As Leeds Bradford Airport unveils record-breaking destinations list, bus operator Transdev predicts summer boost for its FLYER network​

Yorkshire bus operator Transdev is looking forward to a summer 2023 boost for its dedicated FLYER bus network to Leeds Bradford Airport.

Plans to fly to a record-breaking 80 destinations have been revealed by the Airport, along with a major upgrade to facilities at its terminal building.

And as customer numbers using the airport are expected to rise, Transdev is also predicting a boost for its FLYER buses, as sunseekers and business travellers look to reach their plane without the pain.

Alex Hornby, Transdev UK CEO
In 2022 we saw more and more people choosing to use our FLYER buses to reach the Airport, particularly on our FLYER A1 route from Leeds city centre which gained a more frequent timetable offering an express bus every 20 minutes on weekday daytimes and every 30 minutes in the evening and on Sundays.

The Airport’s exciting plans to fly to a record-breaking 80 destinations this year and next can only be good news for our FLYER bus network. With new city to city flights, including to Bergen in Norway, Perpignan in France, and Porto in Portugal, we’re looking forward to carrying more business travellers and holidaymakers to our regional Airport.

Everyone who lets our FLYER bus take the strain of getting to their plane is helping to cut congestion and pollution on our roads. FLYER journeys within West Yorkshire cost just £2 thanks to the Mayor’s Fares, so choosing the bus means more money to spend in duty free, and at your destination.

Leeds Bradford Airport has launched a recruitment drive to support its plans to increase its range of destinations and improve customer facilities at its terminals – news which is also expected to add to those already using Transdev’s FLYER buses to travel to work at the Airport.

John Cunliffe, Commercial and Strategy Director at Leeds Bradford Airport
The FLYER network is a sustainable and convenient way to travel, either before or after your flight. With more destinations than ever before, we’re excited to see a growing number of employees and passengers at LBA in the coming months.

Transdev’s FLYER bus network was launched in July 2020 in partnership with West Yorkshire Combined Authority and Leeds Bradford Airport. Its three dedicated FLYER branded routes run from early morning until late at night seven days a week – with an extra late-night bus from Leeds city centre at 00.36 to the Airport.

Yorkshire-built low emission buses operate on three FLYER routes linking Leeds, Bradford, Otley, and Harrogate with Leeds Bradford Airport seven days a week, supporting the region’s sustainable transport strategy by providing a highly attractive alternative to costly driving and parking.

Each FLYER bus offers customers a first-class travel experience at economy fares, including free Wi-Fi, wireless and USB device charging points, plenty of luggage space, audio-visual next stop announcements, comfortable seating with leather headrests and double-glazed windows to enjoy the Yorkshire views along the route.

Full details of all FLYER routes, times and ticket deals are available online at: transdevbus.co.uk/flyer, and on the free to download ‘Transdev Go’ mobile app.

Last edited:
From February 19th Transdev Flyerbuses A3 Bradford - Shipley - Guiseley - Yeadon - Airport - Pool - Otley service will have a revised route & timetable.
The off-peak Monday to Saturday evenings & Sunday services will be extended from Otley onto Weston to cover the 965 service...

For full details see: https://www.transdevbus.co.uk/flyer/changes-flyer-a3-19-february

Already done check in online, so I've already got a boarding pass. It leaves me around 50 mins to get thru security. I agree, I'd normally like a bit more time, but I'm trying to be a cheap skate and avoid the £20 taxi fare.
That raises a good point though. Wouldn't it make sense to time buses so they coincide with flights?

Good point that, the airlines could work with the buses so that more buses operate during the peak flight hours, book tickets when booking flights, hols etc etc
The whole point of the buses is to get people off the roads and improve the airports green credentials.

They need to cater for staff as well so should be operating almost round the clock.

I'd rather see the flight times be more sociable! Who on earth wants to travel 5 in the morning. The flight gets to Barcelona at 1015, far too early to check in at hotel. So I have to go somewhere for a few hours when I'm already tired from the early start. Id rather arrive early afternoon but the airlines don't seem to offer that.

I'd rather see the flight times be more sociable! Who on earth wants to travel 5 in the morning. The flight gets to Barcelona at 1015, far too early to check in at hotel. So I have to go somewhere for a few hours when I'm already tired from the early start. Id rather arrive early afternoon but the airlines don't seem to offer that.
They have to fully utilise aircraft and get maximum use out of them, hence the early starts. I would think many would welcome an early start so as to have most of their first day at the destination, rather than arriving late and losing a day. You can't please everybody!

Most aircraft will depart on their first movement of the day between 05:00 and 07:00. So that's 03:00 for check-in. Unless those aircraft are on longer sectors your probably looking at a return between around 11:00 - 14:00 depending on their destination. The second sector will usually return between 16:00 and 20:00 and depart again with a return in the early hours between midnight and 05:00. This is very generalised idea of the sort of sectors they do so no, you can't move aircraft to suit public transport but you can move public transport to suit the aircraft schedule.

At Leeds well over 2000 passengers will be arriving or departing during hours poorly covered by public transport.

That raises a good point though. Wouldn't it make sense to time buses so they coincide with flights?
I've always said that but very few buses have ever operated before around 05:00. It's mad really considering the amount of passengers who could potentially be using them from overnight arrivals and early morning departures. The flights are 24 hours but the buses certainly aren't.

Most aircraft will depart on their first movement of the day between 05:00 and 07:00. So that's 03:00 for check-in. Unless those aircraft are on longer sectors your probably looking at a return between around 11:00 - 14:00 depending on their destination. The second sector will usually return between 16:00 and 20:00 and depart again with a return in the early hours between midnight and 05:00. This is very generalised idea of the sort of sectors they do so no, you can't move aircraft to suit public transport but you can move public transport to suit the aircraft schedule.

At Leeds well over 2000 passengers will be arriving or departing during hours poorly covered by public transport.

I've always said that but very few buses have ever operated before around 05:00. It's mad really considering the amount of passengers who could potentially be using them from overnight arrivals and early morning departures. The flights are 24 hours but the buses certainly aren't.
Yes, but very few passengers on any given day actually live along the airport bus routes, so they have to get to where the A1, A2 or A3 run, which might mean another bus, or a train, and they aren't running either. The airport buses running earlier in isolation won't work. People have to be able to get to them - and they can't!

I've paid about 145 quid return to Barcelona. Uber want 41 quid from my home to LBA! About 6 miles. I live less than 10 minutes walk from the A2 route but it only runs once an hour at that time and the first one is just a bit too late. Looks like I'll have to rely on local taxis, which, in my experience, are not that reliable!

Same for me got out of the airport at 01:00 hrs cost us £45 for an airport based taxi
I live one minute from the bus stop cost £2

Same for me got out of the airport at 01:00 hrs cost us £45 for an airport based taxi
I live one minute from the bus stop cost £2
SJK?

I've paid about 145 quid return to Barcelona. Uber want 41 quid from my home to LBA! About 6 miles. I live less than 10 minutes walk from the A2 route but it only runs once an hour at that time and the first one is just a bit too late. Looks like I'll have to rely on local taxis, which, in my experience, are not that reliable!
Presume you have tried other private hire firms? I always find SJK cheapest. Its about £12 from Otley if that gives you some idea.

The Bus works for me sometimes A1 & 9 via Hosforth or A1 & 91 via Krkstall. But its really not an option for those early morning departures or late night arrivals as the local routes dont operate after 11pm and before 5am.. even worse at weekends.

So I tend to use #Uber most of time now-a-days if getting a flight out of LBA, when its quiet it costs me around £13-14 between Stanningley & Airport. But the way Uber works it can be a little more expensive at peak times or during night but no more than £20..

I'd never use the Arrow Taxi's again, as they are a bunch of rip of merchants..

The Bus works for me sometimes A1 & 9 via Hosforth or A1 & 91 via Krkstall. But its really not an option for those early morning departures or late night arrivals as the local routes dont operate after 11pm and before 5am.. even worse at weekends.

So I tend to use #Uber most of time now-a-days if getting a flight out of LBA, when its quiet it costs me around £13-14 between Stanningley & Airport. But the way Uber works it can be a little more expensive at peak times or during night but no more than £20..

I'd never use the Arrow Taxi's again, as they are a bunch of rip of merchants..
As I said, SJK are very good and based in Yeadon.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

New "Helpful" tick and a "Great Photo" camera reactions now added.
X (Formerly Twitter) embeds should now be working fully again, though you may need to use the [MEDIA] BB Code to see the full effect if the single link doesn't embed correctly ;)
Being elevated in the field of Law does not make one immune from the troubles of medical life, apart from a long standing Brain issue, I have been diagnosed with Angina, a condition that actually hurts. I have no family and since my precious dog Peggy died, I have have no one to oblige myself. I am unwell, cannot avoid that so I wish you all well.
All set for a busy football weekend peeps?
A couple of tweaks here and there coming, keep an eye and see if you can spot the difference ;)
That time of the year again. The Eurovision 2024

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock