Air Traffic, ILS & Navigation Aids

oldendays

Sep 19, 2009
Once again this morning, Manchester Tower and GMC - bandboxed on 119.4 - is being received over here. A little stronger and clearer than the last time.

oldendays

Sep 19, 2009
This morning, Manchester GMC has been joined by Tower on 118.630. Remarkable, I've not experienced a reception boost like this for about thirty years. That time I was receiving the Stavanger ATIS!

oldendays

Sep 19, 2009
This morning, there is a vehicle on the airfield using the RT callsign 'Rover'. I don't know who or what but it used to be the ATC Landrover several years ago. The callsign was 'Delta' before that.

oldendays

Sep 19, 2009
Very poor reception on the Delivery frequency this morning - 121.805. Tower loud and clear, Radar less good but Delivery not even breaking through the squelch. Even Pole Hill is coming through clear. I wonder if the transmitter power has been reduced in order to avoid interference exacerbated by the anticyclone? Many airports have GMC or Delivery on frequencies between 121.7 and 121.8.

twevsmiff

May 9, 2014
Very poor reception on the Delivery frequency this morning - 121.805. Tower loud and clear, Radar less good but Delivery not even breaking through the squelch. Even Pole Hill is coming through clear. I wonder if the transmitter power has been reduced in order to avoid interference exacerbated by the anticyclone? Many airports have GMC or Delivery on frequencies between 121.7 and 121.8.
I live 2 miles from the airport and above near the Post Office tower but cannot get the ground on delivery and haven't for nearly a week now
The aircraft on the frequency are all coming though loud and clear

oldendays

Sep 19, 2009
Twev, I think the power has been purposely stepped down or there is something wrong. I would say it is the latter but I'm reluctant to report it to Tels on the grounds of it not being a pilot report, therefore not of interest!

oldendays

Sep 19, 2009
Reception on 134.580 has deteriorated again. The speech and signal has been much stronger in recent days but the white noise is once again prevalent. Delivery is also a little weaker than usual. Tower seems OK!

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.