Movements, Logs & Heads Up
Nostalgia Thread
(Airport/City) Wikipage New
Airport Experience (Questions & Reviews) New
Potential Routes
Retail Thread
Road, Rail & Access Issues
Rumours about new destinations or airlines

Of course it's fine to open up new threads but if you think your chosen topic will fit into any of the above categories then post it there.

Advertisement

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Re: [RECOMMEND] Thread Titles, Moving Stuff & Forum Structur

I think it's about right at the moment.

Each forum has the 'housekeeping' threads in a separate section at the top, with the airport's General thread at the top of the list of subjects.

Those airports that have an Overview thread also have it located at or near the top of the subject list.

It's relatively easy for anyone to get a taste of a particular airport by looking at the recent posts in the General thread and getting a bit more information (if they want it) from the Overview thread.

The snag with the Overview thread is that not all airports have such a thread and those that do aren't always kept up to date.

Whilst on the subject of Overview threads, I've noticed that subsequent comments (and I'm as guilty of making them as anyone) often take the threads into subsequent pages with the Overview itself tucked away at the beginning of the thread which means it might be missed by cursory glancers of the most recent page.

I try to keep the Bristol Overview up to date about twice a year and when I've done so I always insert the date of the tidy-up at the bottom of the Overview itself.

So that anyone interested is aware, I also do a short post saying I've updated the Overview, but it's this sort of thing that then takes the thread into subsequent pages.

I don't know what the answer is; if there is one even.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
  • Admin
Over recent days we have had requests for new threads. It has always been possible to open up new threads but if what you are wanting to post is relating to one of the above topics then it needs to go there.

I am looking through the workings of the forum to see if it is possible to have a thread that can be edited by any registered member in a similar way to how Wikipedia works. I can't promise anything but if it can be done I'll apply it to the airport overview threads.

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
  • Admin
Hi guys, Ashley our maintenance guy has added Wikipage for us which can now be rolled out across all the airport and city forums to replace the old Overview threads.

The new facility allows each forum to have it's own editable first post thread. Only moderators can open a Wikipage but once the page is up and running all registered members will have the ability to edit the pages.

Please do not abuse this facility as it will result in it being removed!

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
  • Admin
I've made a slight change to one of the standard threads this evening.

Passenger & Frequent Flyer (Questions & Reviews)
has now become Airport Experience (Questions & Reviews)

This has been done to hopefully prevent confusion about what the thread was meant for. I've already updated the title in some forums.

jfy1999

Platinum Member
Apr 25, 2015
Birmingham
Not sure where else to post this. There are two Qatar Airways threads in the Gatwick forum. Is it possible for them to be merged?

Aviador

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 12, 2009
HEAD OFFICE
  • Admin
Of course, we can merge them. Thanks for letting us know.

Advertisement

Top Bottom