• Hi Guest . We are in the process of installing new software. If you notice a glitch please let us know.

British Airways

Carl0927

Premium Member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Dec 19, 2016
Cheshire
British Airways have taken a minority stake in Norwegian. They have mentioned they have an interest of possibly taking control of the airline.

Jerry

Staff member
I've upgraded to support F4A!
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Moderator #285
Yep but i have a feeling BA don't care, considering their size they could've honoured the tickets and garnered some good PR but instead chose to cancel them giving a lot of people stress and ruined travel plans.

KARFA

Jun 3, 2014
They can cancel bookings. However, for BA or indeed any airline to void the contract they claim it was a manifest error. What that means is whether the fare is such that the person booking knew or ought to have known at the time there was an error on the part of BA.

There were some mistake fares BA did a few years ago which were J rtn from Norway to the US for £350, and F rtn from Germany to KUL for £750 and SYD for £1200. I think those were clearly and obviously errors - I booked both but I was in no doubt the prices were erroneous as they were significantly lower than any sale could be on those routes.

In this case it was a return LHR-TLV for £192, if you look at other carriers on google flights there are others offering similar fares so it’s difficult for BA to argue it’s obviously an error here. I happened to book one of these and even being a somewhat frequent flyer I wasn't sure whether it was an error or just a well priced sale. Could have been either in my mind when I booked.

BA a day or so later contacted the TAs concerned (the fare was only available through OTAs and not bookable on ba.com) to confirm they would be cancelling these fares, giving a full refund, and offering a £100 voucher to the affected passengers for a subsequent booking. The voucher could only be used through the OTA originally used by the customer.

KARFA

Jun 3, 2014
When the 767 goes it will be just replaced with more A320/A321s. One MAD rotation a day has been sometimes a 787 or 777 over the last year so maybe that may happen again, but no plans been suggested to do anything else. I have never been a frequent flyer on the 767, only managed 8 flights on them over the last 7 years, but it will be sad to see them go.

From now until the end of September the 767 is on the MAD/AMS/EDI/FRA/LCA/FCO/ATH/ARN but that list be gradually shrink from mid September onwards. I have heard the last commercial 767 flight will be late November but that could change. Atm the last flights showing as being operated by a 767 are to AMS and LCA on 6 November but I suspect others are still to be swapped to a 767 after that date.

lbaspotter

Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
www.lbaspotters.net
Moderator #296
British Airways Customer data theft

Looks like the has being a security breach of British Airways website. It may effect anyone who has booked flights between 22:58 August 21 2018 & 21:45 September 5 2018

Source: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/data-theft/latest-information?dr=&dt=British Airways&tier=&scheme=&logintype=public&audience=travel&CUSTSEG=&GGLMember=&ban=||P1M|||||||HOME||||L4||||anonymous-inspiration|||&KMtag=c&KMver=1.0&clickpage=HOME

Customer data theft

We are investigating, as a matter of urgency, the theft of customer data from our website and our mobile app the stolen data did not include travel or passport details.

From 22:58 BST August 21 2018 until 21:45 BST September 5 2018 inclusive, the personal and financial details of customers making bookings on our website and app were compromised.

The breach has been resolved and our website is working normally. We have notified the police and relevant authorities.

We are deeply sorry for the disruption that this criminal activity has caused. We take the protection of our customers’ data very seriously.
We are investigating, as a matter of urgency, the theft of customer data from our website and our mobile app. The stolen data did not include travel or passport details.

From 22:58 BST August 21 2018 until 21:45 BST September 5 2018 inclusive, the personal and financial details of customers making bookings on our website and app were compromised.

The breach has been resolved and our website is working normally. We have notified the police and relevant authorities.

We are deeply sorry for the disruption that this criminal activity has caused. We take the protection of our customers’ data very seriously.

What to do if you have been affected

If you believe you have been affected by this incident, then please contact your bank or credit card provider and follow their recommended advice. Please check back here for further updates, we will be updating this page.

FAQs

How do I know if I have been affected?

This relates to customer bookings made from 22:58 BST August 21 2018 to 21:45 September 5 2018 inclusive. We will be contacting affected customers directly to advise them of what has happened and are advising them to contact their banks or credit card providers and follow their recommended advice.

Will there be any compensation?

We take the protection of our customers’ data seriously, and are very sorry for the concern that this criminal activity has caused. We will continue to keep our customers updated with the very latest information. We will be contacting customers and will manage any claims on an individual basis.

What data has been lost?

The personal and financial details of customers making bookings on ba.com and the airline’s mobile app were compromised. No passport or travel details were stolen.

How do I reset my ba.com password?

Click the Forgotten Pin/Password link on the top right-hand corner of the ba.com homepage.

We recommend you choose a unique password that you do not use for any other online account.

Should I call my bank or cancel my credit cards?

We recommend you contact your bank and follow their recommended advice.

What shall I do if I am due to travel today?

The incident has been resolved and all systems are working normally so customers due to travel can check-in online as normal.

Will I still be able to check in?

Yes, all customers booked on our flights will be able to check in as normal.

Will this affect any future bookings?

The incident has been resolved and ba.com is working normally so future bookings will not be affected.

Top Bottom