Yep but i have a feeling BA don't care, considering their size they could've honoured the tickets and garnered some good PR but instead chose to cancel them giving a lot of people stress and ruined travel plans.

They can cancel bookings. However, for BA or indeed any airline to void the contract they claim it was a manifest error. What that means is whether the fare is such that the person booking knew or ought to have known at the time there was an error on the part of BA.

There were some mistake fares BA did a few years ago which were J rtn from Norway to the US for £350, and F rtn from Germany to KUL for £750 and SYD for £1200. I think those were clearly and obviously errors - I booked both but I was in no doubt the prices were erroneous as they were significantly lower than any sale could be on those routes.

In this case it was a return LHR-TLV for £192, if you look at other carriers on google flights there are others offering similar fares so it’s difficult for BA to argue it’s obviously an error here. I happened to book one of these and even being a somewhat frequent flyer I wasn't sure whether it was an error or just a well priced sale. Could have been either in my mind when I booked.

BA a day or so later contacted the TAs concerned (the fare was only available through OTAs and not bookable on ba.com) to confirm they would be cancelling these fares, giving a full refund, and offering a £100 voucher to the affected passengers for a subsequent booking. The voucher could only be used through the OTA originally used by the customer.

Will be interesting to see what BA use on the nightstopping Edinburgh and Glasgow services when they retire the 767 completely

When the 767 goes it will be just replaced with more A320/A321s. One MAD rotation a day has been sometimes a 787 or 777 over the last year so maybe that may happen again, but no plans been suggested to do anything else. I have never been a frequent flyer on the 767, only managed 8 flights on them over the last 7 years, but it will be sad to see them go.

From now until the end of September the 767 is on the MAD/AMS/EDI/FRA/LCA/FCO/ATH/ARN but that list be gradually shrink from mid September onwards. I have heard the last commercial 767 flight will be late November but that could change. Atm the last flights showing as being operated by a 767 are to AMS and LCA on 6 November but I suspect others are still to be swapped to a 767 after that date.

British Airways Customer data theft

Looks like the has being a security breach of British Airways website. It may effect anyone who has booked flights between 22:58 August 21 2018 & 21:45 September 5 2018

Source: https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb/information/incident/data-theft/latest-information?dr=&dt=British Airways&tier=&scheme=&logintype=public&audience=travel&CUSTSEG=&GGLMember=&ban=||P1M|||||||HOME||||L4||||anonymous-inspiration|||&KMtag=c&KMver=1.0&clickpage=HOME

ba_masterbrand_positive.svg

Customer data theft

We are investigating, as a matter of urgency, the theft of customer data from our website and our mobile app the stolen data did not include travel or passport details.

From 22:58 BST August 21 2018 until 21:45 BST September 5 2018 inclusive, the personal and financial details of customers making bookings on our website and app were compromised.

The breach has been resolved and our website is working normally. We have notified the police and relevant authorities.

We are deeply sorry for the disruption that this criminal activity has caused. We take the protection of our customers’ data very seriously.
We are investigating, as a matter of urgency, the theft of customer data from our website and our mobile app. The stolen data did not include travel or passport details.

From 22:58 BST August 21 2018 until 21:45 BST September 5 2018 inclusive, the personal and financial details of customers making bookings on our website and app were compromised.

The breach has been resolved and our website is working normally. We have notified the police and relevant authorities.

We are deeply sorry for the disruption that this criminal activity has caused. We take the protection of our customers’ data very seriously.

What to do if you have been affected

If you believe you have been affected by this incident, then please contact your bank or credit card provider and follow their recommended advice. Please check back here for further updates, we will be updating this page.

FAQs

How do I know if I have been affected?

This relates to customer bookings made from 22:58 BST August 21 2018 to 21:45 September 5 2018 inclusive. We will be contacting affected customers directly to advise them of what has happened and are advising them to contact their banks or credit card providers and follow their recommended advice.

Will there be any compensation?

We take the protection of our customers’ data seriously, and are very sorry for the concern that this criminal activity has caused. We will continue to keep our customers updated with the very latest information. We will be contacting customers and will manage any claims on an individual basis.

What data has been lost?

The personal and financial details of customers making bookings on ba.com and the airline’s mobile app were compromised. No passport or travel details were stolen.

How do I reset my ba.com password?

Click the Forgotten Pin/Password link on the top right-hand corner of the ba.com homepage.

We recommend you choose a unique password that you do not use for any other online account.

Should I call my bank or cancel my credit cards?

We recommend you contact your bank and follow their recommended advice.

What shall I do if I am due to travel today?

The incident has been resolved and all systems are working normally so customers due to travel can check-in online as normal.

Will I still be able to check in?

Yes, all customers booked on our flights will be able to check in as normal.

Will this affect any future bookings?

The incident has been resolved and ba.com is working normally so future bookings will not be affected.

British Airways yesterday posted full details of its summer 2019 flight changes.

LONDON HEATHROW

NEW ROUTES
Preveza (PVK) Greece - 2 flights per week between 26 May and 29 September 2019
Bastia (BIA) France - 1 flight per week between 25 May and 28 September 2019

FREQUENCY INCREASES
Seattle (SEA) - increased frequency from 12 flight to 14 flights per week from 31 March 2019
Santiago (SCL) - increased frequency from 4 flights to 5 flights per week from 31 March 2019
Nashville (BNA) - increased frequency from 5 flights to 7 flights per week from 22 April 2019
Marseille (MRS) - increased frequency from 21 flights to 28 flights per week between 31 March and 26 October 2019
Budapest (BUD) - increased frequency from 28 flights to 32 flights per week between 1 April to 25 October 2019
Gibralter (GIB) - increased frequency from 11 flights to 14 flights per week between 2 April to 24 October 2019
Palermo (PMO) - increased frequency from 3 flights to 5 flights per week between 17 April to 28 September 2019
Amsterdam (AMS) - increased frequency from 54 flights to 55 flights per week between 6 April to 26 October 2019
Malaga (AGP) - increased frequency from 8 flights to 9 flights per week between 6 April to 26 October 2019

FREQUENCY DECREASES
Phoenix (PHX) - decreased frequency from 10 flights to 7 flights per week from 31 March 2019
Copenhagen (CPH) - decreased frequency from 46 flights to 39 flights per week between 31 March to 26 October 2019
Warsaw (WAW) - decreased frequency from 18 flights to 14 flights per week between 1 April to 25 October 2019
Helsinki (HEL) - decreased frequency from 14 flights to 7 flights per week between 31 March to 26 October 2019
Hamburg (HAM) - decreased frequency from 32 flights to 31 flights per week between 6 April to 26 October 2019
Paris (CDG) - decreased frequency from 51 flights to 50 flights per week between 6 April to 26 October 2019

CHANGE OF DAY
Dubai (DXB) - BA105/104 change of day from Tues, Wed, Thu, Sat & Sun to Mon, Wed, Thu, Sat & Sun
Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM) - BA252/253 change of day from Mon, Thu, Fri & Sun to Mon, Thu, Fri & Sat

TERMINAL CHANGE
Warsaw (WAW) - terminal change at London Heathrow from Terminal 3 to Terminal 5
Chani (CHQ) - terminal change at London Heathrow from Terminal 3 to Terminal 5

AIRPORT CLOSURE
Milan (LIN) - airport closed for summer period so LHR & LCY flights to LIN are now closed for sale from the 28 July to 26 October 2019

LONDON GATWICK

NEW ROUTES
Kos (KGS) - 3 flights per week during Summer 2019 only, operating Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday

FREQUENCY INCREASES
Cancun (CUN) - increased frequency from 3 flights to 4 flights per week from 31 March 2019
Seville (SVQ) - increased frequency to 9 flights per week with additional 2 flights per week operating on Monday and Saturday from 1 April 2019
Cagliari (CAG) - increased frequency to 7 flights per week with 1 additional flight per week operating on Wednesday from 24 April 2019
Palma (PMI) - increased frequency to 10 flights per week with 1 additional flight per week operating on Thursday from 30 May 2019
Marrakech (RAK) - increased frequency to 9 flights per week with 1 additional flight per week from 31 March 2019

FREQUENCY DECREASES
Lanzarote (ACE) - decrease by 1 flight per week to 5 flights per week
Malaga (AGP) decrease by 3 flights per week to 36 flights per week
Alicante (ALC) - decrease by 1 flight per week to 23 flights per week
Madeira (FNC) - decrease by 2 flights per week to 8 flights per week
Genoa (GOA) - decrease by 1 flight per week to 6 flights per week
Jersey (JER) - decrease by 1 flight per week to 34 flights per week
Nice (NCE) - decrease by 1 flight per week to 18 flights per week
Palma (PMI) - decrease by 1 flight per week to 10 flights per week
Seville (SVQ) - decrease by 1 flight per week to 9 flights per week
Thessaloniki (SKG) - decrease by 1 flight per week to 7 flights per week
Tenerife (TFS) - decrease by 2 flights per week to 11 flights per week
Venice (VCE) - decrease by 2 flights per week to 27 flights per week

LONDON CITY

FREQUENCY INCREASES
Berlin (TXL) - increased frequency by an additional 1 flight per week between 5 April to 14 June and 13 September to 25 October 2019
Edinburgh (EDI) - increased frequency by an additional 4 flights per week between 1 April to 20 June and 9 September to 24 October 2019
Ibiza (IBZ) - increased frequency by an additional 1 flight per week between 6 April to 26 October 2019

FLIGHT CANCELLATIONS
Manchester (MAN) - BA7310 cancelled between 16 May and 26 September 2019 & BA7337 cancelled between 19 May and 22 September 2019

AIRPORT CLOSURE
Milan (LIN) - airport closed for summer period so LHR & LCY flights to LIN are now closed for sale from the 28 July to 26 October 2019

LONDON STANSTED

FLIGHT CANCELLATIONS
Ibiza (IBZ) - BA2291/BA2337 cancelled between 18 May and 26 October 2019 & BA2336 cancelled between 19 May and 26 October 2019
Florence (FLR) - BA2331/BA2330 cancelled between 19 May and 20 October 2019
Palma (PMI) - BA2295/BA2294 cancelled between 4 May and 11 May 2019
Customers will be moved onto the closest suitable British Airways operated services from other London airports. Alternatively, standard customer guidelines apply

BIRMINGHAM (CITYFLYER)

ROUTE SUSPENSIONS
Florence (FLR) - BA7024/BA7025 suspended from 18 May 2019
Palma (PMI) - BA7028/BA7029 & BA7023 suspended from 18 May 2019 & BA7029 from 19 May 2019
Malaga (AGP) - BA7030/BA7031 suspended from 18 May 2019

BRISTOL (CITYFLYER)

ROUTE SUSPENSIONS
Florence (FLR) - BA7016/BA7017 suspended from 18 May 2019
Palma (PMI) - BA7022/BA7023 suspended from 18 May 2019
Malaga (AGP) - BA7020/BA7021 & BA7340 suspended from 18 May 2019 & BA7021 from 19 May 2019

MANCHESTER (CITYFLYER)

FLIGHT CANCELLATIONS
Malaga (AGP) - BA7317/7318 cancelled between 17 May and 27 September 2019. Customers will be moved onto flights on the same route on the following day.
Ibiza (IBZ) - BA7312 cancelled between 18 May and 28 September 2019 & BA7313 cancelled between 17 May and 27 September 2019 & BA7314 cancelled between 19 May and 29 September 2019 & BA7315 cancelled between 17 May and 28 September 2019 & BA7316 cancelled between 16 May and 29 September 2019

Possibly the effect of Jet2 moving into the London area as many of those decreases seem to be on sun routes especially from Gatwick.

Possibly the effect of Jet2 moving into the London area as many of those decreases seem to be on sun routes especially from Gatwick.

I doubt an expansion at Stansted would affect BA at Gatwick much.

At the time of the Monarch collapse when BA acquired their slots at Gatwick, I recall BA saying they had plans for long haul but couldn't get the aircraft quickly enough hence they used the slots for short haul this year. Whether that's still the case and we see a number of new/expanded long haul routes ex Gatwick next year remains to be seen.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock