Did my last 767 at the end of October, Sunday afternoon to ARN and back on ZHA

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.***Links to other forums are not permitted***-vbulletin/2000x1290/1ade6ecb_3c4b_434b_8fea_ebf90eebed34_4874892473ee9e8e7a3e1800c03a1d9b2305f683.jpeg

https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.***Links to other forums are not permitted***-vbulletin/2000x1149/806b5949_11b2_4a59_8b99_8ad2a5d9b0d9_eeb847d995e2913b50619936fe9d034e5c77c1d3.jpeg

Its just being confirmed that British Airways are to repaint some aircraft into retro liveries to help celebrate it's 100th centenary year..

The first aircraft to be painted up will be Boeing 747-400, G-BYGC which will get the BOAC (British Overseas Airways Corporation) livery. She will be painted over in Dublin and be ferried to the airlines London Heathrow base on February 18th 2019. This will mark the date of the first flight of a Boeing 747 Jumbo 50 years ago.

View attachment 12011

It's rumoured that there'll be 4 so i wonder what the other 3 will be?

Heard the other 3 liveries will be

1961 to 1974 BEA "British European Airways livery"
1974 to 1984 British Airways "Nagus Livery"
1984 to 1997 British Airways "Landor livery
All 747s do you know?

The British Airways has confirmed today the retro liveries will not be applied to any of its newer aircraft which are being delivered. So that rules out the like of the new Airbus A320NEO's, A350, A380 or Boeing 787 Dreamliners.

The British Airways has confirmed today the retro liveries will not be applied to any of its newer aircraft which are being delivered. So that rules out the like of the new Airbus A320NEO's, A350, A380 or Boeing 787 Dreamliners.
From what a BA 747 pilot said on twitter the 747s were picked because most will be going out of service in a few years and they won't have to repainted back like the more newer aircraft would. Shame really would've been nice to see a retro livery for each type of aircraft they operate.

Have heard from a BA contact it will be three 747s and an A319 (G-EUPJ), so I guess the BEA livery will be on the A319 and we may see it at LBA.
According to FR24 G-EUPJ is 18 year's old so maybe this will be it's last paint job before retirement. It's good that they'll have a short haul one as it gives many spotters a chance to see it without having to go to Heathrow.

If they are going to do a BEA scheme as they should, it has to be a short haul aircraft it would be ridiculous on a 747, the proposed BEA scheme stood out for me with the bright red under the wings as they flew over my house a couple of miles from the end of Elmdons old short runway way back in time.

Latest rumour involving the retro liveries is that the British Airways "Nagus" & "Landor" liveries will be applied to Boeing 747-400's G-BNLY & G-CIVB. Also a single Airbus A319 (reportedly G-EUPJ) will wear the "BEA" livery to operate on domestic routes..

Our own so call nation airline British Airways today begain its new 100 Birthday celebrations with this new advert set to appear on a TV screen near you very shortly.. What a way to do it even after all the cancellations at London Heathrow

Don't get me wrong it is good, but if am honest its not as good as the "To Fly to Serve" adverts we had a few years ago.

Last edited:
I can't say I'm impressed with the 100 Year video, so I won't. I find it twee in the extreme. Are some of the passengers 'celebrities'? One or two faces seemed familiar but I can't put a name to them.

I noticed that on the DP a poster there really went to town on the video in a manner that I doubt the PPRuNe mods would find acceptable in 2019. I wonder how long that post will remain.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock