New British Airways Club World suite has been launched! Looks nice! It'll debut on the A350 1000 and the configuration for that aircraft will be 56 Club World seats, 56 World Traveller plus seats and 219 World Traveller economy seats.
https://www.godsavethepoints.com/2019/03/18/photos-british-airways-new-club-world-suite-door-bed/

Services to Toronto and Dubai from 1st and 8th October respectively. Flights to Madrid over the Summer as well but dates aren't yet confirmed.

Reported on the BBC that a BA flight from London City to Duseldorf has landed at the wrong airport as in Edinburgh apparently the paperwork wrong? Surely there a bit more to it than that e.g. route filing, why am I heading north instead of east where's the north sea etc.

Lucky they weren't on a long haul flight or even the space shuttle if it still existed.

Last edited:
Reported on the BBC that a BA flight from London City to Duseldorf has landed at the wrong airport as in Edinburgh apparently the paperwork wrong? Surely there a bit more to it than that e.g. route filing, why am I heading north instead of east where's the north sea etc.

Lucky they weren't on a long haul flight or even the space shuttle if it still existed.

It appears the paperwork (i.e. filed flight plan) was right for an LCY-EDI flight, the crew (this was a WDL Aviation aircraft wet leased to BACF) simply carried out the flight plan they were given.

It appears the paperwork (i.e. filed flight plan) was right for an LCY-EDI flight, the crew (this was a WDL Aviation aircraft wet leased to BACF) simply carried out the flight plan they were given.

You would have thought someone might have twigged prior to take off with the usual announcement on board prior to departure "good morning ladies and gentlemen welcome to your Briitish Airways flight to Edinburgh " not to mention the boarding staff checking the boarding cards which presumably had Duseldorf on them which you also show to the cabin crew on boarding, it's a grade one ***Please Read Forum Terms of Service*** up by the look of it.

You would have thought someone might have twigged prior to take off with the usual announcement on board prior to departure "good morning ladies and gentlemen welcome to your Briitish Airways flight to Edinburgh " not to mention the boarding staff checking the boarding cards which presumably had Duseldorf on them which you also show to the cabin crew on boarding, it's a grade one ***Please Read Forum Terms of Service*** up by the look of it.

BA don't check boarding passes on entering the aircraft for short haul - similar to quite a few other airlines. I know a few do though (BE and LS from memory). I would have expected WDL when operating for BACF to follow the same procedure.

You are quite right tho, quite a ***Please Read Forum Terms of Service*** up!

First flight for G-XWBA.

Image from Clement Alloing on Twitter

D-dv32fXoAEop0i

Could this possibly delay the reintroduction of flights to Sharm el Sheikh ?

BA pilots in Balpa have overwhelmingly voted to take strike action in furtherance of a pay claim. They are threatening to walk out during this summer.

Channel 5 have been airing a documentary on British Airways, access all areas or something like that, I’ve watched a couple of episodes showing the refurb of a 777 and maintenance and I have to say it’s not too bad for Channel 5 documentary.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock