British Airways aircraft WFU/stored due to COVID-19 (as of 28 Mar 20)

89x Aircraft currently stored:
A319 (22)
A320 (27)
A321 (13)
---
A35K (1)
A380 (1)
B744 (9)
B772 (10)
B788 (4)
B789 (2)

Aircraft are stored at the following airports
BOH (35)
A319 (13):
G-DBCD, G-DBCK, G-EUPD, G-EUPF, G-EUPG, G-EUPK, G-EUPL, G-EUPO, G-EUPS, G-EUPU, G-EUPW, G-EUPY, G-EUPZ
A320 (16): G-EUUA, G-EUUD, G-EUUH, G-EUUI, G-EUUJ, G-EUUK, G-EUUL, G-EUUM, G-EUUN, G-EUUP, G-EUYB, G-EUYC, G-EUYD, G-EUYE, G-EUYG, G-EUYJ
A321 (6): G-EUXD, G-EUXE, G-EUXF, G-EUXJ, G-MEDM, G-MEDL

CWL (11)
B744 (5):
G-BYGA, G-BYGB, G-BYGE, G-CIVV, G-CIVZ
B772 (5): G-VIIB, G-VIIS, G-YMMO, G-YMMP, G-YMMU
B788 (1): G-ZBJF

GLA (10)
A319 (1):
G-DBCE
A320 (3): G-EUUF, G-EUYH, G-EUYM
A321 (6): G-EUXC, G-EUXG, G-EUXH, G-EUXK, G-EUXL, G-EUXM

LGW (8)
A319 (4):
G-DBCF, G-DBCG, G-EUPA, G-EUPC
A320 (4): G-EUUV, G-GATH, G-GATJ, G-GATS

LHR (25)
A319 (4):
G-EUPB, G-EUPH, G-EUPR, G-EUPT
A320 (4): G-EUUO, G-EUYL, G-EUYW, G-TTOB
A321 (1): G-EUXI
A35K (1): G-XWBA
A380 (1): G-XLEH
B744 (4): G-CIVF, G-CIVH, G-CIVR, G-CIVX
B772 (5): G-VIID, G-VIIE, G-VIIJ, G-VIIK, G-YMMJ
B788 (3): G-ZBJA, G-ZBJD, G-ZBJK
B789 (2): G-ZBKG, G-ZBKK

British Airways aircraft WFU/stored due to COVID-19 (as of 31 Mar 20)

138x Aircraft currently stored:
A319 (22)
A320 (44)
A321 (16)
---
A35K (1)
A380 (1)
B744 (16)
B772 (21)
B788 (6)
B789 (1)

Aircraft are stored at the following airports
BOH (40)
A319 (13):
G-DBCD, G-DBCK, G-EUPD, G-EUPF, G-EUPG, G-EUPK, G-EUPL, G-EUPO, G-EUPS, G-EUPU, G-EUPW, G-EUPY, G-EUPZ
A320 (16): G-EUUA, G-EUUD, G-EUUH, G-EUUI, G-EUUJ, G-EUUK, G-EUUL, G-EUUM, G-EUUN, G-EUUP, G-EUYB, G-EUYC, G-EUYD, G-EUYE, G-EUYG, G-EUYJ
A321 (6): G-EUXD, G-EUXE, G-EUXF, G-EUXJ, G-MEDM, G-MEDL
B744 (5): G-BNLY, G-CIVC, G-CIVP, G-CIVU, G-CIVW

CWL (11)
B744 (5):
G-BYGA, G-BYGB, G-BYGE, G-CIVV, G-CIVZ
B772 (5): G-VIIB, G-VIIS, G-YMMO, G-YMMP, G-YMMU
B788 (1): G-ZBJF

GLA (13)
A319 (1):
G-DBCE
A320 (3): G-EUUF, G-EUYH, G-EUYM
A321 (9): G-EUXC, G-EUXG, G-EUXH, G-EUXK, G-EUXL, G-EUXM, G-MEDF, G-MEDG, G-MEDU

LGW (36)
A319 (4):
G-DBCF, G-DBCG, G-EUPA, G-EUPC
A320 (21): G-EUUS, G-EUUT, G-EUUU, G-EUUV, G-EUUW, G-EUUX, G-EUUZ, G-GATH, G-GATJ, G-GATK, G-GATL, G-GATM, G-GATN, G-GATP, G-GATR, G-GATS, G-GATU, G-MEDK, G-MIDS, G-MIDX, G-MIDY
B772 (11): G-VIIP, G-VIIR, G-VIIT, G-VIIU, G-VIIV, G-VIIW, G-VIIX G-VIIY, G-YMMB, G-YMMD, G-YMME

LHR (38)
A319 (4):
G-EUPB, G-EUPH, G-EUPR, G-EUPT
A320 (4): G-EUUO, G-EUYL, G-EUYW, G-TTOB
A321 (1): G-EUXI
A35K (1): G-XWBE
A380 (11): G-XLEA, G-XLEB, G-XLEC, G-XLED, G-XLEE, G-XLEF, G-XLEH, G-XLEI, G-XLEJ, G-XLEK, G-XLEL
B744 (6): G-CIVD, G-CIVE, G-CIVF, G-CIVH, G-CIVR, G-CIVX
B772 (5): G-VIID, G-VIIE, G-VIIJ, G-VIIK, G-YMMJ
B788 (5): G-ZBJA, G-ZBJD, G-ZBJG, G-ZBJH, G-ZBJK
B789 (1): G-ZBKM

British Airways now say their Gatwick operations are suspended indefinitely.

Reported on Sky that IAG are looking to make 12,000 redundancies and that British Airways in the process of arranging discussions with the trade unions.

British Airways has been on invited to appear before the Westminster transport select committee in reference to the 12,000 job cuts.

Good and so they should. The whole point of the job retention scheme is to enable employees to maintain their jobs. And thus income to HMRC. It's hypocrisy that they are taking nearly 1 billion from Spanish government but hell bent on taking nothing from UK government. I mean really hypocritical.

If they are going to make 12,000 redundant, they should pay the costs of all furloughed staff back to the HMRC at 5 times the rate the government give them. And the government should smash and grab 5% of the most attractive slots BA have in it's portfolio at LHR and sell them off to competition (United, Delta, Virgin, Emirates, Singapore et al. No one associated to One World).

The furloughing scheme is a temporary measure due currently to end in June, redundancy is different and permanent. BA ( IAG) are doing what any sensible business has to do to make sure that it still has a business that is viable in future and indeed the furloughing scheme is ment to support both companies and individuals with the inevitable consequences that companies will need to adjust and reorganize to meet the new situation they find themselves in.Just about every airline is or will be taking measures to survive in these unprecedented times. Its clearly not nice but if people are not flying you don't need as many aircraft and inevitably and sadly you also need less people, therefore the managements decision becomes pretty inevitable.

SAS 5,000 redundancies last week, Ryanair 3,000 ditto, Lufthansa borrowing €8m and disposing of aircraft and shutting Eurowings there's no way that their workforce will not be effected, Virgin Australia gone, Norwegian? airline's unable/unwilling to refund customers as they legally must the list is endless.

The industry is facing unprecedented times and no one really knows where we will end up in fact I think Wille Walsh has said as much.

I saw a comment the other day by an aviation analyst who summed it up saying " the worldwide aircraft manufacturing and airline industry has fell off a cliff and continued to the bottom of the ocean".

Sums it up really and it applies to much more than just the airline business.

With BA I suspect it's more than just about survival but more about survival without UK government help as the price of that help could be shares in IAG which could potentially clash with EU ownership rules. They will probably also want to avoid any UK government influence especially over BA.

With BA I suspect it's more than just about survival but more about survival without UK government help as the price of that help could be shares in IAG which could potentially clash with EU ownership rules. They will probably also want to avoid any UK government influence especially over BA.

Thats the exact argument Lufthansa are having at the moment with the German Government. The loan to them, as high as $10b (according to the Wall St Journal) comes with Government influence attached and so far Lufthansa have refused to take it. BA are obviously watching and waiting.

Sad because of the way this has been handled and because of the ramifications.

I think the way BA has acted with this just reflects the corporate culture. People don't matter, profit is the be all and end all. Yes they have to think about the survival of the business but they also need to think about the welfare of the staff. It does seem though that they may see this as an opportunity to cut even more costs amongst their workforce. I partly wonder if the UK government is partly at fault for this for not coming up with a package of help for the aviation industry as a whole.

Surely they have to have some sort of send off party the 747 and BA were made for each other for so long the queen of the skies is now well and truly a freight dog on our shores. Visiting Heathrow will never be the same again.

Surely they have to have some sort of send off party the 747 and BA were made for each other for so long the queen of the skies is now well and truly a freight dog on our shores. Visiting Heathrow will never be the same again.
I'm at Cardiff Airport now and it is quite a sad sight to see them parked up knowing they'll never carry passengers again.

A large amount of capacity being withdrawn or a lifeline for their A380 fleet? I now have to consider what to do with my Herpa fleet of BA747s, I was building up but now redundant. Do I switch to Cargo lines or give up?

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock