Air Canada Rouge

Advertisement

User001

Jul 16, 2015
When zoomed in, there seems to be 3 lines coming from MAN towards Canada on the 2018 map, but, due to the sheer amount of lines from Canada (obviously), it's hard to tell where the 3 lines go (obviously Toronto for one but not sure on the latter 2).

Dobbo

Oct 27, 2015
I've not yet seen it on a big screen, but would assume that the most likely options for the other two lines are Vancouver and one of Calgary/Montreal.

Is there any indication in the document about whether this is AC mainline or Rouge? It wasn't clear to me at first blush.

User001

Jul 16, 2015
There doesn't seem to be anything on the maps that differentiate between mainline and rouge so I'm going to say no idea.

ethanegcc

Platinum Member
Jul 10, 2016
UK
There doesn't seem to be anything on the maps that differentiate between mainline and rouge so I'm going to say no idea.
So, aside from the map, User, is the Vancouver rumour you posted on airliners.net still true to the best of your knowledge? Could/Will it be announced in the next spate of AC expansion as you have mentioned there are still a few frames unaccounted for?

ethanegcc

Platinum Member
Jul 10, 2016
UK
So you know it's going to happen I assume and the extended season for Toronto or not?

I will keep checking on a.net and pprune but I am sure I will see any announcement on here anyway.

Dobbo

Oct 27, 2015
I'll have a look on a big screen later but don't expect to see much. It's obviously just indicative for AC's investors, so they have an idea of the airlines plans moving forwards.

I wouldn't be shocked if YVR was mainline. Vancouver is literally next door to Seattle, such that YVR could effectively serve the Seattle market and they might want to jump on it before DL/VS get in on SEA-MAN.

I've considered that YYZ should be mainline for some time, but to me a year round service is more important than a strong seasonal one. That is dictated by the market, so I hope a robust case is being presented.

User001

Jul 16, 2015
The issue is, the map is already out of date as for example, Glasgow doesn't show at all on the maps but is obviously now served.

ethanegcc

Platinum Member
Jul 10, 2016
UK
A member on the pprune forum said they had been told it would be mainline. Perhaps a 788 if it is mainline? I am sure the 787's PE class would prove popular from MAN also and the budding tech industries of SEA and MAN.

I did point out that it was out of date and it won't dictate AC's decisions.

We just have to hope it comes off! When do you think AC's next lot of expansion will be announced?

ethanegcc

Platinum Member
Jul 10, 2016
UK
A member on PPRuNE also said that his AC1930 captain had told him exactly the same as User001s a.net post. Hmmm...

Dobbo

Oct 27, 2015

The map and document doesn't distinguish between mainline and rouge, which I suspect is diliberate.

Looking at the fleet plans, it looks like a significant number of B787s are coming into the mainline fleet, and B767s in the Rouge fleet. I would expect this to reflect the choice of equipment depending on whether it is mainline or rouge.

It is good to see that MAN is on the radar, which is a good sign for the northern economy.

ethanegcc

Platinum Member
Jul 10, 2016
UK
I really hope that YVR with AC does come off. Even Rouge has a more mainline business appeal than a twice weekly TS with 3-3-3 seating. It would likely run in a similar style to DUB which I imagine has a similar Canada market.

If it was AC mainline then it would be superb - the full service link to Canada we wanted and would cater for the MAN-SEA business market. The drive from YVR to Seattle is 2 hours so is inevitably more convinient than going SEA-AMS/LHR/CDG/FRA-MAN or connecting at a US airport.

We will have to wait and see but nevertheless, commitment is being shown and you don't get rumours from User, pprune and pilots for nothing!

ethanegcc

Platinum Member
Jul 10, 2016
UK
Rumours on PPRUnE saying that AC will launch MAN-YVR 5 weekly summer only with mainline 777. I presume the 777-200LR as the 77Ws have a fair amount of seats to fill. Apparently due to the cargo. It does seem far fetched but if AC think it can work...

YYZ will go daily Rouge also apparently as the mainline 763 would represent a reduction in capacity and there aren't any 788s available.

If this is true, it is certainly ambitious expansion.

Dobbo

Oct 27, 2015
Is the rumour that YYZ goes year round?

The YVR B777 strikes me as ambitious (and therefore unlikely) but I'm not basing it on anything in particular.

Given the expansion of the AC fleet, anything is possible, but I think that whatever happens (if anything) will be watered down from that.

ethanegcc

Platinum Member
Jul 10, 2016
UK
I am not sure will have to check again. I agree - nearly choked at 777. To have a North American airline using a 777 again however would be great and a huge (not necessarily correct) vote of confidence in the MAN-YVR market.

User001

Jul 16, 2015
Well, the Air Canada rumours for YVR came in 3 parts:

-Toronto increased to daily
-an increased season on Toronto
-the new Vancouver route.

Stage one has now happened, as Toronto is now daily on YYZ from 30th June.

ethanegcc

Platinum Member
Jul 10, 2016
UK
Well, the Air Canada rumours for YVR came in 3 parts:

-Toronto increased to daily
-an increased season on Toronto
-the new Vancouver route.

Stage one has now happened, as Toronto is now daily on YYZ from 30th June.
Official confirmation? Or will there be tomorrow/next week?

ethanegcc

Platinum Member
Jul 10, 2016
UK
30th June, thanks for spotting the error.

The YYZ increase is confirmed and bookable.
Still Rouge 763 I assume.

EDIT: Rouge 763 MAN-YYZ is indeed showing daily operation from 30th June-11th September. Now we just need an extended season: Daily non stop, star alliance operation showing on google flights.View attachment 4031

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.