lbaspotter

Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2009
Leeds, West Yorkshire
www.lbaspotters.net
United-Kingdom
Spanish based low cost airline Vueling is to open its first non spanish base at Toulouse in France from April 2011. The airline will base 1 Airbus A320 aircarft at the airport and commence 7 new routes to Amsterdam, Barcelona, Ibiza, Malaga, Paris Cdg, Pisa-Florence and Venice.

http://www.flightglobal.com/articles/2010/11/09/349492/vueling-to-open-toulouse-base.html

Vueling to open Toulouse base

Spanish low-cost carrier Vueling will next spring open a base at Toulouse-Blagnac Airport in France.

The new base will be Vueling's first outside Spain since finalising its merger with Clickair last summer. The original Vueling briefly had a base at Paris Charles de Gaulle, which it later closed to focus on the Spanish market.

Vueling will base one aircraft at Toulouse from April 2011 and will operate flights to the following seven destinations: Amsterdam; Barcelona; Ibiza; Malaga; Paris; Pisa and Venice.

The carrier will invest €30 million ($41.8 million) over the next three years in its Toulouse base. It will offer 200,000 seats for sale from the French city in the summer season of 2011.

Vueling says the new base represents a "significant milestone" in its growth plan as it "commences the path of opening new bases outside of Spain".

[textarea]We’re coming after you: BA chief challenges budget rivals

The boss of British Airways has thrown down the gauntlet to low-cost airlines by setting out plans for an aggressive expansion of Vueling, a newly acquired Spanish carrier, across Europe.

Willie Walsh, the chief executive of International Airlines Group, which owns BA and Iberia, declared that he wanted to move on to the turf of easyJet and Ryanair after taking full ownership of Vueling yesterday.

Full Story: http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/business/ ... 833113.ece[/textarea]

I think Willie Walsh said the other week he was going to give the other low cost airlines an arse kicking. I think this might have been what he was referring to.

Vueling Bases - Summer 2022
*List does not include based standby aircraft.

Below is a list of the Vueling bases across Europe for peak-summer 2022. Barcelona, Paris Orly, Palma, Ibiza and London Gatwick are the busiest bases (based on number of departures).
Menorca, Paris CDG and Lisbon are the busiest non-bases in the network.

SPAIN
Mainland
Barcelona - 50 - (2x A319 / 39x A320 / 9x A321)
Bilbao - 6 - (6x A320)
Malaga - 6 - (6x A320)
Seville - 5 - (5x A320)
Alicante - 5 - (5x A320)
Santiago - 3 - (3x A320)
Valencia - 2 - (2x A320)
Balearic Islands
Palma de Mallorca - 5 - (5x A320)
Ibiza - 3 - (3x A320)
Canary Islands
Gran Canaria - 3 - (3x A320)
Tenerife (TFN) - 3 - (3x A320)
Lanzarote - 1 - (1x A320)

FRANCE
Paris (ORY) - 9 - (9x A321)

ITALY
Rome (FCO) - 6 - (6x A320)
Florence - 3 - (3x A319)

NETHERLANDS
Amsterdam - 4 - (4x A320)

UK
London (LGW) - 3 - (3x A320)

Vueling

EDI-BCN

Frequency cuts to route.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock