It is exceptionally windy tonight and I notice that the following flight to Leeds is on the list;
<Departures>KL1549 Leeds Bradford 17:30 19:00 Estimated
90 minutes late maybe landed at DSA because it was too windy up at LBA where it is much higher altitude.

muddycoffee said:
It is exceptionally windy tonight and I notice that the following flight to Leeds is on the list;
90 minutes late maybe landed at DSA because it was too windy up at LBA where it is much higher altitude.

LBA is around 650 ft above sea level not really a dizzy altitude. It's about the hight four trees above sea level.

Aviador said:
muddycoffee said:

LBA is around 650 ft above sea level not really a dizzy altitude. It's about the hight four trees above sea level.

They must be big trees!!

One of the reasons stated by the "Consultants" who reported to Sheffield City Council on the viability of SCA, stated that: "It's height above sea-level was a problem". At this news an airline pilot friend, who was fighting closure, burst out laughing... such was the sort of "evidence" justifying closure. SCA was all of 231 ft ASL

G-OSRB (Oil Spill Response 727) Spotted on Flight Radar, operating out of DSA today...

Anyone manage to get a pic?

Floating... Oil Spill. Haha :D

2670063.jpg

More pics here:

http://m.airliners.net/search?search=G-OSRB+

I'm not up an what's going into Doncaster these days although I believe they have one or two fairly regular cargo movements operated by Anglo World Cargo I think.

There were two Nippon Cargo B744s in Doncaster on Tues the 4th October..
Arrived 10:29 NCA6040 JA05KZ
Arrived 14:45 NCA6042 JA06KZ
Therse flights i think were scheduled to operate out of Manchester but they went to DSA instead.

Last edited:
Looks like you might be getting a second B748 as VQ-BVR is decending towards the airfield too ! but is showing a destination of East Midlands on its label.

Pardon my intrusion but is there any way of knowing beforehand what aircraft of interest are due and when? I don't be wanting to drive from Leeds to sit around and look at an empty airfield! Thanks in advance.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock