Advertisement

Flybe

Advertisement

smithy108

Sep 3, 2016
Cheshire
Some insight into funding raised by Stobart for their investment in the Flybe venture or certainly for part of the funds needed

Stobart Group raises £53m through placing of bonds

Stobart Group has raised £53.075m through a bonds issue, today.The Carlisle-based aviation, energy and civil engineering group said its wholly-owned subsidiary, Stobart Finance, had placed the bonds which have a five-year maturity.
The net proceeds of the bonds are intended to be used to support the company’s growth plans for aviation and energy, it said.
Settlement and delivery of the bonds is expected to take place on May 8, and it is intended that application will be made for the bonds to be admitted to trading on the open market of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange within 30 days after the closing date.
Stobart Group chief executive, Warwick Brady, said: “Stobart Group is focused on accelerating the growth in its core aviation and energy divisions.

Brum X

Premium Member Plus
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
Yes I agree on the face of it it doesn't look too bad but Berlin is a city that should be connected to BHX.

One for the likes of Eurowings, Ryanair or dare I say Easyjet on an away based aircraft. Stranger things have happened :ROFLMAO:

Ianbutty

Platinum Member
Feb 29, 2016
Essex
If only to lose Berlin- that’s good news But to lose another major city is bad news, I’ve never used Flybe when I’ve been to Berlin as they are always very expensive in comparison with LH or euro wings via.....
Maybe a German carrier will step in. I cannot see Berlin and Brum not connected for too long. Important city break and business city.

smithy108

Sep 3, 2016
Cheshire
Flights are on sale on their website and there is no attempt to launch any re-brand or change of flight codes. I have booked my Edinburgh Rugby flights for next February, pricing about the same as previous costing about £115 each for return (Friday/Sunday). It would have nice if they had been cheaper but probably not that weekend :)

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
Moderator #813
Nothing new and I've just quoted the BHX bits.

- 9 Winter Ski routes starting 14th December:

Chambery from Birmingham, Exeter, Manchester and Southampton

Geneva from Birmingham, Exeter, Isle of Man, Jersey and

Southampton

- Return of popular Christmas and New Year flights for peak holiday period from Birmingham to Newquay: from Birmingham and Manchester to Nantes; and Southampton to Limoges

Birmingham – 23 routes inc Amsterdam (up to 7xday); Belfast City (up to 7xday); Berlin, Hamburg, Hannover, Milan, Stuttgart; Paris Charles de Gaulle (up to 3xday)

https://www.flybe.com/media/news/1905/0507

Advertisement

Top Bottom