Status
Not open for further replies.
Some insight into funding raised by Stobart for their investment in the Flybe venture or certainly for part of the funds needed

Stobart Group raises £53m through placing of bonds
Flybe-Q400-Purple-Plane-e1505469220283-500x352.jpg

Stobart Group has raised £53.075m through a bonds issue, today.The Carlisle-based aviation, energy and civil engineering group said its wholly-owned subsidiary, Stobart Finance, had placed the bonds which have a five-year maturity.
The net proceeds of the bonds are intended to be used to support the company’s growth plans for aviation and energy, it said.
Settlement and delivery of the bonds is expected to take place on May 8, and it is intended that application will be made for the bonds to be admitted to trading on the open market of the Frankfurt Stock Exchange within 30 days after the closing date.
Stobart Group chief executive, Warwick Brady, said: “Stobart Group is focused on accelerating the growth in its core aviation and energy divisions.

Yes I agree on the face of it it doesn't look too bad but Berlin is a city that should be connected to BHX.

One for the likes of Eurowings, Ryanair or dare I say Easyjet on an away based aircraft. Stranger things have happened :ROFLMAO:

If only to lose Berlin- that’s good news But to lose another major city is bad news, I’ve never used Flybe when I’ve been to Berlin as they are always very expensive in comparison with LH or euro wings via.....
Maybe a German carrier will step in. I cannot see Berlin and Brum not connected for too long. Important city break and business city.

Flights are on sale on their website and there is no attempt to launch any re-brand or change of flight codes. I have booked my Edinburgh Rugby flights for next February, pricing about the same as previous costing about £115 each for return (Friday/Sunday). It would have nice if they had been cheaper but probably not that weekend :)

Nothing new and I've just quoted the BHX bits.

- 9 Winter Ski routes starting 14th December:

Chambery from Birmingham, Exeter, Manchester and Southampton

Geneva from Birmingham, Exeter, Isle of Man, Jersey and

Southampton

- Return of popular Christmas and New Year flights for peak holiday period from Birmingham to Newquay: from Birmingham and Manchester to Nantes; and Southampton to Limoges

Birmingham – 23 routes inc Amsterdam (up to 7xday); Belfast City (up to 7xday); Berlin, Hamburg, Hannover, Milan, Stuttgart; Paris Charles de Gaulle (up to 3xday)

https://www.flybe.com/media/news/1905/0507

Maybe this appointment clarifies the future direction that Flybe will take. Here is a quick introduction to the new CEO. It perhaps also explains why there hasn't been any real significant changes as they are waiting for EU clearance before pressing ahead.
In the press release, it specifically mentions the long haul Virgin Atlantic links and with Manchester services

Connect Airways announces appointment of Mark Anderson as CEO

The Board of Connect Airways Limited (“Connect Airways”), the company jointly owned by Virgin Atlantic Limited (“Virgin Atlantic”), Stobart Group (“Stobart Group”) and funds managed by Cyrus Capital Partners (“Cyrus”), is delighted to announce the appointment of Mark Anderson as CEO, Connect Airways. Connect Airways will acquire management control over Flybe Limited (“Flybe”), once merger clearance has been received from the European Commission under the EU Merger Regulation. Mark joins Connect Airways from his current role as Executive Vice President - Customer, Virgin Atlantic.
Since February 2017 Mark has successfully led the strategy, creation and delivery of the world famous Virgin Atlantic customer experience. In his role Mark was instrumental in putting Customer at the heart of Virgin Atlantic’s goal to be the most loved travel company.
Previously he was Senior Vice President and Managing Director of Virgin Holidays where in less than three years, he developed a high performing team that achieved record people engagement scores and operating profits with strong customer advocacy. He has over 25 years of senior management experience in retailing and travel.

Full press release at

Will be interesting to see what he does. Customer service wise their biggest issue at the moment seems to be the hand luggage saga.

Seems to have a good pedigree in retailing and customer service, but doesn`t appear to have had much experience of running an airline, especially one with a very high cost base. Flybe needs a latter day Freddie Laker or dare I say it..Michael O` Leary. Re arranging the deck chairs only works so far. I do genuinely wish him well though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock