Brexit is just an excuse, as is warm summers and late Easters ..Their market share is on the slide in Scandinavia and Germany no less, as well..Its the massive debts they have, that has brought them to this point..happening as a result of crap management over many years and an ageing fleet that no one in their right minds is going to pay over the odds for. Jet2 showed them how to do it...TC didnt even know how to play catch up

Brexit is not an excuse. It's a reality. Check TUI out they've said the same. There is a lot of industry articles out there that all say the same. Brexit is having an impact on everyone at the moment.

I do agree with you in Scandi, Germany, and the Jet2 comment - but i'll stick to what i said earlier. They should have really stood on the sidelines and let My Travel go to the wall before acquiring slots, hotels, aircraft, personnel.

Tarn Spotter said:
Shares on Friday fell to 11.75p, down 91.5% on the year, city analyst put a zero value on the shares and the "material uncertainties" comment from the auditors and their view that the company only has enough capital to see out this month, must surely deter any customer in buying a TC holiday.
It must be awful being a TC staff member at the moment, hopefully , Lufthansa, will purchase the German Condor TC airline next week, with other fire sales to raise the £1b needed.
Yesterday saw Easyjet post its worst winter loss in its history and I should imagine that Ryanair's figures on Monday may be even worse, the last quarter were the worst for years and MOL comments yesterday, did nothing to comfort the market.

LOL! Yeah let's got back to the 1950's. That is what scary this vote is by the people who lived in the 1950's and still live in the 1950's. They don't understand globalisation.

Like it or not we live in a world where economics are intertwined with all our neighbours. There has been a flurry of airline failings each siting Brexit as a major contributing factor. A number of other airlines have said trading conditions are difficult due to Brexit uncertainty. This uncertainty was predictable prior to the result of the 2016 referendum. It was never going to be a breeze leaving the EU and in my humble opinion the show has only just begun.

So so far:

TC UK SH - easyJet rumoured. Wouldn't see Jet2 doing it.
TC UK LH - VS very much interested.
CONDOR - LH very much interested.
NORDIC - Triton now very much interested.

Could probably raise that £1.5 billion write off if not turn a profit with the sale of all these.

So so far:

TC UK SH - easyJet rumoured. Wouldn't see Jet2 doing it.
TC UK LH - VS very much interested.
CONDOR - LH very much interested.
NORDIC - Triton now very much interested.

Could probably raise that £1.5 billion write off if not turn a profit with the sale of all these.
With Easyjet i'd be surprised especially as they seem more of an airline that would pick off the carcass of an airline than take it over.

That is very true; however the airline is profitable it's the tour operations that are not. That could make it more attractive to them.

easyJet have made it no secret they want to go into the tour operator business. Thomas cook have made it clear that they don't need nor want an airline anymore. If easy buy TC, TC gets what it wants - a airline business willing to operate flights for them which is de-risked. easyJet get what they want; more bums on seats, guaranteed seats and income on services (if the contract is written that way) and a tour operator in a fashion. It's a win win for them.

Jet2 would be in my eyes, the only other operator to takeover them. But with Jet2 having an all Boeing fleet i very much doubt that would happen.

With Easyjet i'd be surprised especially as they seem more of an airline that would pick off the carcass of an airline than take it over.
That's what they did with Air Berlin, wasn't it? I think they took on some of the AB employees and leased some AB aircraft to continue operating routes from Berlin Tegel. I presume they are scheduled routes.

That is very true; however the airline is profitable it's the tour operations that are not. That could make it more attractive to them.

easyJet have made it no secret they want to go into the tour operator business. Thomas cook have made it clear that they don't need nor want an airline anymore. If easy buy TC, TC gets what it wants - a airline business willing to operate flights for them which is de-risked. easyJet get what they want; more bums on seats, guaranteed seats and income on services (if the contract is written that way) and a tour operator in a fashion. It's a win win for them.

Jet2 would be in my eyes, the only other operator to takeover them. But with Jet2 having an all Boeing fleet i very much doubt that would happen.
That is true i did read that the EZY CEO wants to push Easyjet holidays more. Would be interesting to see if they kept bases like BHX and CWL open if that happened. I do think that Jet2 is large enough to absorb an A321 fleet but they might not want or need to as they seem to have the ability to expand naturally rather than through a takeover.

It would also be a way for a number of airports to get an easyJet presence, assuming that Thomas Cook was not operated as a separate airline.

That's what they did with Air Berlin, wasn't it? I think they took on some of the AB employees and leased some AB aircraft to continue operating routes from Berlin Tegel. I presume they are scheduled routes.
Yes Air Berlin essentially went bust and then they moved in to replace them rather than take them over. Taking on many of the staff and aircraft in the process.

It would also be a way for a number of airports to get an easyJet presence, assuming that Thomas Cook was not operated as a separate airline.

It would actually be quite an easy integration (pardon the pun):

TC Base and EJ Base:
Belfast International
Bristol Airport
Glasgow Airport
London Gatwick Airport
London Stansted Airport
Manchester Airport
Newcastle Airport

TC Base/None EJ Base:
Birmingham Airport
Cardiff Airport
East Midlands Airport

No surprise that the Midlands has no easyJet base really. They'd likely close one if not both bases but i reckon they would move all ops to Birmingham especially if they were to have TC backing in terms of filling seats. Cardiff would more then likely close and all ops move over to Bristol.

Cardiff would more then likely close and all ops move over to Bristol.
Yes sadly for CWL that would be the most likeliest option unless they had a tie in with TCX holidays that specifically said they had to operate it.

Hi Fly is a Portuguese company providing Wet Lease & Charter services. It also has a Maltese subsidiary - Hi Fly Malta.
Between them they have around 16x aircraft, of which most are wide-bodies (and all of them airbus).
This is their current fleet.
Hi Fly
A321-200 - x1
A330-200 - x2 - (and 1x to be delivered)
A330-900N - (1x to be delivered)
A340-300 - x3

Hi Fly Malta
A319-100 - x3
A330-300 - x1
A330-900N - x1
A340-300 - x4
A380-800 - x1

Given how well this company and others like it (Titan for example) seem to do, it doesn't surprise me that they would be interested in a large fleet of A321s and A330s, especially if the work for these aircraft continues!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock