Would I be correct in saying that some of the former Thomas Cook A330 fleet are being stored at NQY until further notice?
According to FR24 G-CHTZ arrived on Thursday and G-TCXB has just arrived this morning from LGW.

Quite correct decision in the event...TC would have burnt through that money in weeks.The Government decision has been vindicated by many in business and by the Chairman of ABTA only last week. As a company,sadly, they weren't saveable.

Hopefully those accountable tell it how it was the top brass have a lot of questions to answer. Why the heck did it take so long for them to try and save the company they must of known years in advance how bad the situation was it seems like they just turned a blind eye to the problem.

Hopefully those accountable tell it how it was the top brass have a lot of questions to answer. Why the heck did it take so long for them to try and save the company they must of known years in advance how bad the situation was it seems like they just turned a blind eye to the problem.

Oh they knew Rob but the bonuses were too good to miss..how the hell do you brass necked pocket over £8m when the share price is collapsing and you know the firm is going to the wall..
Indeed serious questions need to be asked of the overpaid board..

Quite correct decision in the event...TC would have burnt through that money in weeks.The Government decision has been vindicated by many in business and by the Chairman of ABTA only last week. As a company,sadly, they weren't saveable.
My understanding is that the package that Thomas Cook had put together would've cleared the £1.5 billion debt turning it all into equity and freeing up £150 million a year in interest payments.
Whether in the long run Thomas Cook would've survived with their business model is unknown. I do personally believe though that the government refused on purely ideological grounds because Thomas Cook isn't strategically important.

My understanding is that the package that Thomas Cook had put together would've cleared the £1.5 billion debt turning it all into equity and freeing up £150 million a year in interest payments.
Whether in the long run Thomas Cook would've survived with their business model is unknown. I do personally believe though that the government refused on purely ideological grounds because Thomas Cook isn't strategically important.

Problem with that was Fosun started to have cold feet about that deal, and said as much a while back, which Travelmole reported.. interestingly they remained very quiet during TC death throes, which I think was strange, if they had been on the cusp of a great deal...In truth I think that deal was dead and the TC board knew it.. Appealling to the Government was the last throw of the dice..and it was only right at the end... poor management over decades

Some A321's also bound for NQY. G-TCDV positioned LGW-NQY yesterday evening and G-TCDX currently en-route from LGW.

STOCKHOLM/COPENHAGEN (Reuters) - Norwegian property tycoon Petter Stordalen and private equity firms Altor and TDR Capital [TDRCSD.UL] have agreed to buy the Nordic business of collapsed British travel company Thomas Cook.

Thomas Cook name looks set to live on after the brand was bought by the Chinese conglomerate Fosun

THOMAS COOK NAME TO LIVE ON AFTER FOSUN BUYS ASSETS
01 NOV 2019BY SOPHIE GRIFFITHS
Thomas Cook’s name is to live on after the brand was reportedly bought by Fosun.

Reports said the assets of the former UK travel giant would be used by Fosun to market holidays around the world, and could even see it return to the UK one day, Sky News said.
The £11 million deal includes the trademarks, domain names, social media and licences including the Casa Cook and Cook’s Club brands.
Fosun chairman Qian Jiannong told Sky News: "The acquisition of the Thomas Cook brand will enable the group to expand its tourism business building on the extensive brand awareness of Thomas Cook and the robust growth momentum of Chinese outbound tourism.
He added: "Following the acquisition, the group will focus on business expansion, using the newly acquired Thomas Cook brands to create synergies with the existing businesses of the group."
This comes after sources told the Financial Times a number of other groups were bidding for the intellectual property rights, including Tui.
Chinese conglomerate Fosun was part of the group of lenders and bondholders that were putting together a £900m rescue package before Cook collapsed.
It held an 18% stake in Cook.

No meat on the bone as to how Fosun would actually sell Thomas Cook holidays.
Unless they do a deal with a company who does. This is absolutely possible as it's no different from how Jet2holidays came about.

Unless they do a deal with a company who does. This is absolutely possible as it's no different from how Jet2holidays came about.

I wonder if they might market TC alongside their other European purchase Club Med, with which they are doing well and sell mainly to the mainland Chinese. Although I have a sneaky feeling this was the plan all along.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock