According to FR24, a FR to Paphos flight has returned back to the airport this morning . Arrivals showing to Ryanair services FR 70MG ( from LPL, so this must be the problem aircraft ) plus FR 044P from Stansted, i expect this will be the replacement aircraft. due 10.55.

I just read that Ryanair plan to use "buzz" their Polish operation for Canary Island based ops. I guess at less favourable conditions for staff.

Indeed.....Id have thought Canary Island routes were a no brainer !
It's a very competitive market the Cardiff route has done well and is their longest serving route since they returned. I think the problem may be that since they've recoginised unions the Western european staff are striking more and demanding more from them which may make the operation more costly effecting the viability of many routes. I don't think the Eastern european crew have been on strike and Eastern europeans seem to be willing to work more as mobile workers so maybe Buzz would rotate the crews through the Canaries in 6 month/seasonal contracts.

Ryanair remains 4 aircraft based for next summer and 8 for Easyjet. I understand there are still some gaps in the timetables, so possibly additional rotations and / or routes still to appear for next summer.

Ryanair's 3 based 737s have all been carying out short flights today.
Severn posted the below today in the BRS Ryanair thread. Might be relevant to LPL too.

All 4x based RYR B738 are due to do a circuit today - EI-DLC/DCF/EML/ENM.
I believe Ryanair require their aircraft to be kept "flying" every week, as being parked over 7 days requires storage checks. I read that a number of Boeing aircraft have a limit of 7 days of being parked before having to be put into "storage", hence why Ryanair choose to keep their aircraft airworthy by completing a circuit. Airbus has a more simple system and therefore can be left parked for longer amounts of time with checks at certain time periods.
Other airlines like TUI and Jet2 may be happy to complete these storage checks on their Boeing aircraft and therefore may not require their aircraft to be flown.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

Jennyjet, An upgrade to my law degree, have now been upgraded to a Masters in Laws from Birmingham University to add to my Doctor of Jurisprudence as awarded by Harvard Law School. I am somewhat humbled, imposter syndrome in play here!
9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock