Thats not entirely accurate....

Flights from BHX-DOH-SYD for example are only 41 hrs on the days where the BHX Departure is a PM flight. On days the BHX Departure is an AM flight, the BHX-DOH-SYD takes only 23 hrs which is much more competative with EK. This is not helped by the fact that BHX-DOH and DOH-SYD are only 1x daily atm.
Does that imply, that rather than take the PM flight (only 41 hrs :rolleyes: ) that you could get the AM flight the next day and still connect to the same DOH - SYD flight and be there in 23 hrs?

Does that imply, that rather than take the PM flight (only 41 hrs :rolleyes: ) that you could get the AM flight the next day and still connect to the same DOH - SYD flight and be there in 23 hrs?

Exactly that...

Only people that have to fly on specific dates need to wait 41 hours... if you have flexibility of just 1 day when you fly, no-one needs to being flyingly longer than 24 hours between BHX and Australia on Qatar.

I do wonder if it's done somewhat deliberately to encourage people to have a stopover in Doha to try and increase tourism there...

Odd for a date so far in advance & not a major variation on capacity?
Qatar Grand Prix is the day before, Sunday 8th October, at a guess it could be a lot of teams returning from that given that a few teams are based in the UK, particularly the Midlands.

I guess the Qatar 747-8F will go EMA and it made sense to increase business capacity to BHX than perhaps run a charter to EMA alongside the freighter

Cargo only flights aren't bookable for passanger seats on the Qatar website either :ROFLMAO:

I'm not suggesting its a cargo flight, im suggesting the upgrade from 787 to 777 is for cargo reasons.... the 777 can carry significant more belly cargo than a 787. It may be upgraded on a single flight but they my have a specific cargo requirement that day!

Cargo only flights aren't bookable for passanger seats on the Qatar website either :ROFLMAO:

I'm not suggesting its a cargo flight, im suggesting the upgrade from 787 to 777 is for cargo reasons.... the 777 can carry significant more belly cargo than a 787. It may be upgraded on a single flight but they my have a specific cargo requirement that day!
As I referred to here -

I guess that refers to belly hold, not main deck.
Although, it would now appear to be more likely to accommodate business class seating, following the Qatar Grand Prix.

Last edited:
I'm sure all sorts goes on in the Maspalomas sand dunes....they're massive and stretch for miles. Wouldn't call it a dogging beach, but you're free to be who you want and wear what you don't want and do what you want without recourse. It's a very open society and every beach is a nudist beach on Gran Canaria, if you wanna whip yer bits out. Caters for every corner of society and that in my book is a place worth visiting....even though I prefer Lanzarote way more hehe 👌

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock