Eastern Airways

geoff

Aug 3, 2018
Port Talbot
27th seems a strange day to start, unless they want to take advantage of the bank holiday break. Also a lot of discussion on the other forum about the possibility of Eastern taking on the Jersey route, the J41 would be ideal to restart the route.

geoff

Aug 3, 2018
Port Talbot
Are Global Trek the new handling agents for Eastern Airways, I see the J41 for tomorrows service is parked on stand 1, with Global Trek. They seem to be the busiest people at CWL, and have been kept busier than any else at CWL during the restrictions, perhaps they could take over the ground handling at CWL for all airlines, if Swissair fail to show much interest.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Are Global Trek the new handling agents for Eastern Airways, I see the J41 for tomorrows service is parked on stand 1, with Global Trek. They seem to be the busiest people at CWL, and have been kept busier than any else at CWL during the restrictions, perhaps they could take over the ground handling at CWL for all airlines, if Swissair fail to show much interest.
Global do handle Eastern for football charters etc not sure they would for scheduled flights though.

geoff

Aug 3, 2018
Port Talbot
I know they have been handling a lot of the football and rugby charters on the Cambrian apron, it just seemed strange to see them handling a scheduled flight on the stands, although they have used stand 17 quite a few times for the larger American Navy planes.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
I know they have been handling a lot of the football and rugby charters on the Cambrian apron, it just seemed strange to see them handling a scheduled flight on the stands, although they have used stand 17 quite a few times for the larger American Navy planes.
Could be covering for Swissport until things pick up in June?

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Just booked Eastern Airways Cardiff to Belfast City for September. I noticed how their website and booking system is better but there's no seat selection available. £81 one way so not too bad considering it's Eastern! Flying BA then from Belfast City to Leeds on the afternoon flight on their Cityflyer E190. Combining visiting my sister with a trip for my channel.

Em0866

Jan 14, 2009
Cardiff
If the aircraft being used is the J41 then they will sit you in the seat as you board. This is what they did when I flew to Anglesey back in 2019 when I went to visit my brother who lives up there.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
If the aircraft being used is the J41 then they will sit you in the seat as you board. This is what they did when I flew to Anglesey back in 2019 when I went to visit my brother who lives up there.
If i remember before though they used to have seat selection available but that might have been under Flybe or just after Flybe went bust so it's possible they've decided to get rid of that now and allocate at check in.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
It appears that flights for Tuesdays and Wednesdays have been taken offsale and it looks like Monday is a 0745 departure now.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
Checked Anglesey and it looks like flights have been taken offsale. I'm sure before that they'd been put back until October.

geoff

Aug 3, 2018
Port Talbot
I don't think the Tuesday and Wednesday flights have not operated for sometime, the Valley flights were due to start on 6th September but they are not shown on CWL website, so you must be correct Jerry. The Eastern Airways timetable must be way out of date as their Belfast flights are shown as M, T, W, Thur.

Jerry

Staff member
Subscriber
Jun 1, 2016
Cardiff
It'll be interesting to see IF Anglesey doesn't return whether Eastern Airways stay at Cardiff or not.

MrFenner

Jul 15, 2021
UK
It'll be interesting to see IF Anglesey doesn't return whether Eastern Airways stay at Cardiff or not.

You’re probably right. If the subsidy stops for them then I’ve no doubt they may make a sharp exit and move the aircraft elsewhere, unless of course they are committed to Belfast and potentially other routes…

geoff

Aug 3, 2018
Port Talbot
I am surprised that CWL marketing have not published the fact that Eastern to BHD is double daily on Fridays and Sundays, unless it is only for a short trial period , things do seem to be going in the right direction gradually for CWL.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.