It looks like now with Loganair withdrawal from Cardiff the best chance of getting the domestic network back may well be with Eastern Airways. With Dublin, Edinburgh, Glasgow and Belfast without any competition maybe an opportunity for a base in the future from Eastern?

CWL is one of the few places where they won't face any competitors, I am surprised that Loganair didn't hang around long enough to even give the Scottish routes a chance. It would be nice to see a few different airlines on the routes we need to get back, but how many of them will be around when this pandemic is over. The management at CWL have a massive job on their hands I don't envy them. If only Air Wales was still around, we desperately need a home grown airline, any rich Welsh entrepreneurs out there?

Looks like ABZ and MME aren’t available on Eastern website (MME still shows but only at fully flexible fare for August onwards). VLY still bookable from July.

Just looked at eastern airways booking engine again entering dates in October.
No flights available to ABZ, MME or VLY. I thought VLY was a Welsh Government PSO route, so not sure why that should not be bookable.
It’s worrying times, if this is correct with Loganair dropping routes also. What’s left for CWL, KLM, Qatar and TUI, hopefully it’s only a temporary measure. I don’t know who else there is to fill the gaps with the right size aircraft. Very uncertain times for the aviation industry.

I don’t know who else there is to fill the gaps with the right size aircraft. Very uncertain times for the aviation industry.
Only really Blue islands or maybe Stobart Air but I can't see either being interested. We may well need to except that possibly for a year or two there'll be no UK and Ireland routes at CWL.

Only really Blue islands or maybe Stobart Air but I can't see either being interested. We may well need to except that possibly for a year or two there'll be no UK and Ireland routes at CWL.

I read something today about the possibility of Flybe rising from the ashes , have you heard this ?

There were two E145 flights.

Humberside > Cardiff > Teeside > Cardiff Humberside

This was to take Swansea City AFC to their 0-3 victory at Middlesbrough.

alternatively there was an E170 flight that operated Leeds > Cardiff > Leeds.

This was to bring Leeds United FC down for their 2-0 defeat to Cardiff City.

Heres an image of both aircraft parked on the Cambrian Apron at Cardiff Airport yesterday. Both handled by Global Trek Aviation.

View attachment 16840

There were two E145 flights.

Humberside > Cardiff > Teeside > Cardiff Humberside

This was to take Swansea City AFC to their 0-3 victory at Middlesbrough.

alternatively there was an E170 flight that operated Leeds > Cardiff > Leeds.

This was to bring Leeds United FC down for their 2-0 defeat to Cardiff City.

Heres an image of both aircraft parked on the Cambrian Apron at Cardiff Airport yesterday. Both handled by Global Trek Aviation.

View attachment 16840
It worked out spectacularly well for both Welsh clubs and for CWL.

Wonder if Eastern will try to get more money out of the WG for the Anglesey route. With their expansion possibilities they may make more out of having an aircraft in full use all day on commercial routes. Or if the WG had any sense, they would allow the aircraft to be used in between VLY rotations on routes from CWL!

On the other forum it's been reported that Eastern have an E190 being painted at EMA. Would love to see that at CWL but I'd imagine it'll go to Southampton.

I have previously mentioned on the forum, the Jetstream would be much better used for building up the Cork and Jersey routes rather than Teeside, and certainly more profitable than leaving it on the ground at CWL for 6 hours. Perhaps Eastern have plans for its use that we don't know about.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock