Looks like any destination in Turkey is popular.Either more people taking foreign holidays or some one some where is loosing out to Turkey.

Looks like any destination in Turkey is popular.Either more people taking foreign holidays or some one some where is loosing out to Turkey.
I remember reading somewhere that bookings to Spain are down.

Some good news today. There will be a second weekly Thomas cook flight to enfidhna , every sat at the eye watering time of 04:00. Palma moves to the afternoon meaning an end to the all day affair.

Some good news today. There will be a second weekly Thomas cook flight to enfidhna , every sat at the eye watering time of 04:00. Palma moves to the afternoon meaning an end to the all day affair.

So that's one less 'w' flight with the Saturday Palma out and back next summer. I can't remember where the 'w' took the aircraft to this year. In previous years I thought it was EXT.

The early start to Enfidha won't please at least one member of the airport consultative committee. The minutes of the July meeting contain this: A member expressed concern that any changes to night noise conditions could result in a more night time flights in the summer months, and also raised concern regarding the timing of the 5.30am flight to Palma.

No doubt the TCX 0525 departure to PMI on Saturdays was the flight in question. Funny that nothing was said about the TCX 0520 flight to Mahon on Mondays or the 0500 TCX flight to Zakynthos on Thursdays or the 0500 TUI flight to Corfu on Fridays. Perhaps the complainant is away from home on weekdays and doesn't hear the other flights.

Following on from the last topic, BRS's gaining a TCX flight next summer is contrary to this airline's programmes at such airports as BHX and NCL where the former has lost several flights next summer and the latter has seen its base reduced from 2 x A321s and 1 x A320 to 2 x A321s with a consequent reduction in flights.

I doubt that the pruning for next year is yet over, whether Thomas Cook or other airlines or airports including and beyond BRS, as the looming Brexit decision is playing on many minds whether industry or customer and not just in aviation.

The sooner the way forward is identified the quicker we can all decide how to lie on our new bed.

Following on from the last topic, BRS's gaining a TCX flight next summer is contrary to this airline's programmes at such airports as BHX and NCL where the former has lost several flights next summer and the latter has seen its base reduced from 2 x A321s and 1 x A320 to 2 x A321s with a consequent reduction in flights.
Apparently TCX want to reduce the amount of ACMI aircraft from 22 to 15 and the NCL one was the least profitable one.

Maybe we will get upgraded to 3 x 321s ?
Or lose the ACMI 320 like NCL? Although the poster on that other forum did say that NCL was the only UK airport affected.

So that's one less 'w' flight with the Saturday Palma out and back next summer. I can't remember where the 'w' took the aircraft to this year. In previous years I thought it was EXT.

Thomas Cook normally operates two departures a day with each based aircraft.

In 2017, BRS had 2x based TCX A321 which operated 28x weekly departures from BRS.
- On a Saturday a based TCX A321 operated a W-pattern to EXT (BRS-PMI-EXT-PMI-BRS) during the day followed by an evening departure from Bristol to Dalaman.

In 2018, BRS had 3x based aircraft (2x TCX A321 and 1x SmartLynx A320) which operated 39x weekly departures from BRS.
- On a Tuesday a based TCX A321 operated a W-pattern to BHX (BRS-DLM-BHX-DLM-BRS) and didn't arrive back into BRS until 03:50 the following day.
- On a Wednesday a based TCX A321 operated a W-pattern to BHX (BRS-AYT-BHX-AYT-BRS) and didn't arrive back into BRS until 03:50 the following day.
- On a Friday a based TCX A321 operated a W-pattern to CWL (BRS-AYT-CWL-AYT-BRS) and didn't arrive back into BRS until 04:25 the following day.
- On a Saturday a based TCX A321 operated a W-pattern to BHX (BRS-PMI-BHX-PMI-BRS) during the day followed by an evening departure from Bristol to Dalaman.

In 2019, BRS had 3x based aircraft (Assuming 2x A321s / 1x A320) which will operate 43x weekly departures from BRS. All aircraft operate 2x departures a day (except on Saturdays where an aircraft operates to NBE, PMI and then a late evening DLM) and there are no W-Patterns operated.

Interestingly in 2019, BRS will be the 4th biggest TCX base outside of MAN, LGW and BHX out of 10 bases. In 2017 it was 7th/8th out of 10! What a growth!
The below table shows the changes over three seasons for the bases outside of MAN/LGW:
1538742885034.png
*GLA and STN share a 3rd based aircraft - This is the flights in peak-August so the aircraft is at STN, however a month earlier and it would be at GLA.

It appears that there will be 3 321s one operated by smart lynx until July then reverts back to 2 321s and one 320

It looks like the 1x (winter) based TCX A321 is joined by a SmartLynx A321 at the beginning of April.
This is joined by another TCX A321 in May making BRS a 3x A321 base.
The base remains with 3x A321s until 17th June where the SmartLynx A321 is swapped with an A320.
The base is then 2x TCX A321s and 1x SmartLynx A320 up until the 19th August at which point the Smartlynx A320 is replaced for a A321 making the base 3x A321s thereafter

It looks like the 1x (winter) based TCX A321 is joined by a SmartLynx A321 at the beginning of April.
The base remains with 3x A321s until 17th June where the SmartLynx A321 is swapped with an A320.
The base is then 2x TCX A321s and 1x SmartLynx A320 up until the 19th August at which point the Smartlynx A320 is replaced for a A321 making the base 3x A321s thereafter
I wonder where the SmartLynx 321 goes between 17 June and 19 August. Perhaps Scotland where the main school holidays are taken considerably earlier than in England and Wales.

There has been talk of CWL going to a A321 base next summer.I wonder if that might be that for a few weeks in the summer as a straight swap. There is confusion as to what CWL will have based next summer,and then change back to a A320 on the dates shown as in previous post states.

Having 3 x A321s for part of the summer as you've set out ought to involve around 20,000 additional seats over summer 2018. That will go some way to redressing the TUI drop in seats with their two 757s being replaced by 738s.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock