TUI has sold 2 737 max aircraft to generate funds. They have sold them to BOC aviation with a lease back arrangement. It looks like the deal will be for the life of the aircraft. It will generate much needed funds for TUI and it wonders if more deals will be done. It looks like the 737 max will get clearence to fly passenger routes by the end of 2020 unless any thing else rears its head with the max.
Isn’t that a typical arrangement? I was under the impression most/all of TUI’s fleet were leased.

Ironically, it’s unlikely the MAX will be much-needed this winter.

i see a few 737 aircraft flying around with Sunwing on tails. I would guess none have flown to Canada for the winter this year.

i see a few 737 aircraft flying around with Sunwing on tails. I would guess none have flown to Canada for the winter this year.
They Sunwing decals were never removed when they arrived back in spring. I wouldn’t imagine any will be going over this winter.

I noticed this morning that a 789 G-TUIM dreamliner arrived in Gatwick from Greenville Spartanburg in South carolina. Any one any idea why this aircraft went there,was it for MX or just storage. Seemed like a odd place to go to.If storage was this the only aircraft to do this.

Looks like it flown a few charters from Frankfurt to there.

I noticed this morning that a 789 G-TUIM dreamliner arrived in Gatwick from Greenville Spartanburg in South carolina. Any one any idea why this aircraft went there,was it for MX or just storage. Seemed like a odd place to go to.If storage was this the only aircraft to do this.

Over the month of November, and continuing into December, TUI have flown 10x trips from Germany to the United States using their B789 aircraft. These have been freight-only charters for car manufacturers, BMW being the main customer. They have been taking car parts in the belly of the aircraft on the following routes:

Frankfurt to Greenville–Spartanburg International, South Carolina (BMW Plant in Greer) - 5x flights
Frankfurt to Mexico City (BMW Plant) - 2x flights
Frankfurt to Atlanta (BMW Plant - first flight operated was to here, and since then have been to GSP) - 1x flights

There have also been 2 flights from Stuttgart to Detroit, which I assume is for the Daimler group taking Mercedes parts from Germany to the US.

I assume the amount of PPE and medical equipment, plus an increase in freight means that the freight companies are now very busy. Given that there is also a lot less commercial flights from Germany to the US on which these car companies may have used the belly-space before COVID hit has meant they now have decided to charter their own flights to move their time-critical parts around.

Fri 19 Feb 2021

TUI B737-8 MAX (G-TUMB) departed MAN this morning for an hours flight up to 40,000ft over Southern Scotland before returning to MAN. This is the first time a MAX has flown in the UK since G-TUMF was brought back from TFS to BHX in September 2020 as far as I can tell.

TUI Airways has scheduled 48 widebody routes from UK airports across Europe for this summer, filings with OAG show, with flights from five UK airports: Birmingham; Bristol; Gatwick; Glasgow; and Manchester.

Now confirmed that TUI Group are sticking to May 17th flights and holidays restart plans along with easyjet.

This could turn out as another big missed opportunity for Jet2, with recent announcement of further extending the grounding flights until June 24th.

i will be sticking with the jet2 planned start date of 24th june thankyou very much, No way will flights with tui and easy recommence 17th may with the state europe is in! Like jeremy clarkson once said "if im proved wrong i will eat my own hair " but so far ive got it pretty correct! To me it looks like tui and easy are just cashing in.

i will be sticking with the jet2 planned start date of 24th june thankyou very much, No way will flights with tui and easy recommence 17th may with the state europe is in! Like jeremy clarkson once said "if im proved wrong i will eat my own hair " but so far ive got it pretty correct! To me it looks like tui and easy are just cashing in.

Odd, yesterday they both confirmed they would be operating except to red list countries, and allowing passengers who don't wish to go due to quarantine etc. to change their bookings free. So if they don't operate it looks like being due to people cancelling. That usually results in consolidation of flights, which in the past has usually meant that the LBA flights are among the first to be axed, with people being to told to pick another airport.

I hope not this time. I am desperate for flights, but even more desperate to see you eat your own hair!

I thought we English are still not allowed into Scotland?

Correct. This has been the case since I think late last year.

Someone living in Scotland must not leave Scotland to go to any other part of the UK or Ireland without reasonable excuse, and someone living in any other part of the UK or Ireland must not enter or remain in Scotland without reasonable excuse. Leisure travel isn't a reasonable excuse.

I think the plan is to potentially lift this restriction on 26 April.

Correct. This has been the case since I think late last year.

Someone living in Scotland must not leave Scotland to go to any other part of the UK or Ireland without reasonable excuse, and someone living in any other part of the UK or Ireland must not enter or remain in Scotland without reasonable excuse. Leisure travel isn't a reasonable excuse.

I think the plan is to potentially lift this restriction on 26 April.
They had better as I have a holiday up there in May!

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock