Air India

Brum X

Platinum Member
Subscriber
Mar 23, 2011
Birmingham UK
Well I can hardly see it being BHX when ATQ is still at a miserly 1 flight per week, i'd rather see our old schedule gradually re-instated before we start looking at other airports.

Give us back our flights to DEL for starters Air India ? :unsure::censored:

Matt995

saw this on an India aviation forum re Air India:-

The airline is simultaneously working to restore its grounded aircraft. Around 30 of Air India’s 113 aircraft have been grounded for varying periods due to lack of engine overhaul or non-availability of components and spares. This includes aircraft from both the Airbus and Boeing fleet such as Airbus A320, Boeing 777 and 787 aircraft.

might explain the reason why we still only have 1 flight a week by them!!

Ray Finkle

Staff member
Apr 22, 2012
Birmingham
I've read elsewhere that they have 5 or so 777W's and a few 787's grounded.

The article below suggests that AI may receive some A350's from early next year, the aircraft were initially destined for Aeroflot or Qatar. I'd imagine that BHX would continue on the 787 but it sure would be nice to see an A350 at some point.

HPsauce

Feb 11, 2020
Birmingham B36
There must be huge scope all across the Indian sub continent. And not necessarily to the usual destinations. I'm sure passengers would appreciate services to Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad etc, not to mention Karachi and Peshawar ( we once had services to both these in the past ).Dhaka in Bangladesh also important.
Not everyone needs the hassle, expense and experience of Heathrow.
Some of these destinations would support once or twice a week surely.

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.