Well I can hardly see it being BHX when ATQ is still at a miserly 1 flight per week, i'd rather see our old schedule gradually re-instated before we start looking at other airports.

Give us back our flights to DEL for starters Air India ? :unsure::censored:

saw this on an India aviation forum re Air India:-

The airline is simultaneously working to restore its grounded aircraft. Around 30 of Air India’s 113 aircraft have been grounded for varying periods due to lack of engine overhaul or non-availability of components and spares. This includes aircraft from both the Airbus and Boeing fleet such as Airbus A320, Boeing 777 and 787 aircraft.

might explain the reason why we still only have 1 flight a week by them!!

I've read elsewhere that they have 5 or so 777W's and a few 787's grounded.

The article below suggests that AI may receive some A350's from early next year, the aircraft were initially destined for Aeroflot or Qatar. I'd imagine that BHX would continue on the 787 but it sure would be nice to see an A350 at some point.

There must be huge scope all across the Indian sub continent. And not necessarily to the usual destinations. I'm sure passengers would appreciate services to Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad etc, not to mention Karachi and Peshawar ( we once had services to both these in the past ).Dhaka in Bangladesh also important.
Not everyone needs the hassle, expense and experience of Heathrow.
Some of these destinations would support once or twice a week surely.

There must be huge scope all across the Indian sub continent. And not necessarily to the usual destinations. I'm sure passengers would appreciate services to Mumbai, Kolkata, Hyderabad etc, not to mention Karachi and Peshawar ( we once had services to both these in the past ).Dhaka in Bangladesh also important.
Not everyone needs the hassle, expense and experience of Heathrow.
Some of these destinations would support once or twice a week surely.

Well I can hardly see it being BHX when ATQ is still at a miserly 1 flight per week, i'd rather see our old schedule gradually re-instated before we start looking at other airports.

Give us back our flights to DEL for starters Air India ? :unsure::censored:
I could not agree more with of your comments we really need a direct daily Delhi service only back as well as a direct daily Mumbai service with airlines like Vistara or the new Jet Airways once it full re-starts! There are many other Indian communities within Birmingham who require to get to other cities within India where flights are only accessible through Delhi & Mumbai & not Amritsar. My family are from Kolkata, West Bengal (East India) & there are no connections to Kolkata through Amritsar. It’s a huge inconvenient as well as tiring for many have to connect via 2 cities before reaching their final destination within India ect... The only option for myself & many others out of BHX is to fly Emirates & Emirates isn’t the always cheapest option or most convenient for many who have to travel to India in an emergency.

Last edited:
With the large Gujarati population of the Midlands I've always thought that Ahmedabad could do well, especially if it could be combined with Mumbai.

For now though I'll take just getting us back to where we were in 2019.
I still remember Andy Street coming to my local Temple on our Bengali Hindu festival of Kali Puja in 2019 saying they are working on securing a direct a direct Mumbai to Birmingham flight but also said they are working to get a direct Ahmedabad as well as Kolkata flight as well.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock