loopdiloo

Jul 28, 2012
I've just came back from a few days holiday via Liverpool John Lennon Airport and on opening my suitcase at home, discovered that some stuff I took with me for a cold ( ie, unopened box of beecham's and throat spray, plus some toiletries ) has dissapeared ! :s_rofl
Has this ever happened to anyone else ? :dunno:
Very strange.

Hi loopdiloo and welcome to Forums4airports!

Unfortunately this sort of thing does happen.

Most UK airports have CCTV in all their baggage make-up areas making it difficult for baggage handlers to steel from your suitcase. Although it is not impossible, it is unlikely your bags would have been tampered at the UK end of your journey. Having your case tampered is most common with flights from the main hub airports like Paris Charles De Gaulle, but it's not uncommon from other European airports. In the United States security staff do not have to ask your permission to open your baggage so it is common for bags from the US to be opened and people often complain of missing items from there.

There's not a great deal that you can do about it other than to ensure your luggage is insured properly. I would always advise against placing high value items in cases as insurance companies can sometimes be difficult when pursuing a claim. Using locks on your cases is virtually pointless as they break off so easily and there are ways of opening zips without unlocking padlocks! A method used routinely by baggage agents to help match up unmarked cases with their owner.

Hi Aviador,
Thanks for replying. It does make me wonder what kind of people they employ. I did have a small camera in my suitcase which wasn't removed, but the person who looked in my suitcase must have been in need of a beecham's :coco: .
It's weired because I went to Orlando last week on a trip (cabin crew)before going to France, and found my face cream pot had been emptied ! :nea: Usually I find a card in my case if it has been subject to a random search leaving the states, not the entry. I get the feeling they are starting to take stuff that is handy for them as well as money making. It's awful because I'm getting to the stage where I won't take anything out of fear it will be 'removed'. Where do you draw the line ? They are not things you can exactly report stolen.
Anyway... I just want to make people aware, if you have anything handy in your case it might go missing.
I'm off to the shop to buy some more beecham's ( I've already replaced the face cream).
I hope the baggage handler gets worse soon :yahoo:
Thanks once again for replying.

Very impressed with speed through security just Now, all lanes open, was through in minutes. I like the new duty free treated myself to a bottle of Joe Malone! The airport is celebrating Liverpool Pride which is on this weekend. Good on them !

The Which ? report has given LPL a 70 % customer satisfaction, not as good as Doncaster, but still not bad I'd say.

Isn't the DSA terminal a carbon copy of Liverpool? You'd have thought Liverpool would have been up there at the top with Doncaster?

Isn't the DSA terminal a carbon copy of Liverpool? You'd have thought Liverpool would have been up there at the top with Doncaster?

I don't think exactly as there are parts of the old terminal which do need to be improved. They were sort of absorbed into the current building.

I suppose different people were asked about LPL compared with those asked about DSA. I can't imagine that the criterion for all those asked was a requirement to have used all the airports in the survey.

I never attach much importance to any of these polls/surveys. The answers and thus the overall results are purely subjective. Two of us much might have exactly the same customer experience at a particular airport yet mark it entirely differently when it comes to a survey or a poll. It's often down to expectations: some will have higher expectations than others.

During my days at the airport it became quickly apparent that things not even related to the airport would drastically alter peoples perception of their airport experience. Waking up on the wrong side of the bed, the drive to the airport or having a bad brew at the service station on the way would set the tone for the rest of the day.

It only takes one part of the experience to go wrong for the who experience to be poor. If a check-in agent needs to charge someone for having extra baggage the passengers perception of the whole airport experience changes.

My sister recently flew from LBA and she's spent the last week complaining about why she needed to take her shoes off when everybody else kept theirs on. She doesnt complain about the government rules or airport security she complains about the airport.

How things have changed, you certainly cant pull up with your car or a taxi right outside anymore !!

Dw97CgUWsAI7Z8_.jpg

Very fast travel and transfer experience thought Liverpool Airport this morning left house in Cheshire and other side of security all in 30 mins. Brilliant.

Liverpool is doing well with regards to delayed flights, just behind Belfast.

Liverpool John Lennon Airport is the second best in the UK for delays.
Figures obtained from the Civil Aviation Authority data reveal that departures from the Speke airport in 2018 were an average of just 10 minutes late.

Belfast City (George Best) recorded the best performance with a figure of just eight minutes.
London Stansted was the worst UK airport for flight delays last year, the investigation found.
Departures from the Essex airport were an average of 25 minutes late in 2018.

Robin Tudor, head of PR at Liverpool John Lennon Airport, said: “When it comes to the passenger experience Liverpool John Lennon Airport
delivers a best in class operational performance.

0_Three-times-number-of-Liverpool-fans-heading-to-Madrid-than-Kiev-from-JLA.jpg

Liverpool John Lennon Airport was the second best UK airport for delays (Image: Liverpool ECHO)
"Last year 97% of passengers passed through security in less than 10 minutes and as this latest report highlights LJLA is also up there with the
best in terms of getting flights away on time too."
Birmingham and London Luton recorded the joint second worst punctuality performance, with aircraft typically taking off 19 minutes behind schedule.
The ranking takes into account every scheduled and chartered flight from 24 major UK airports.

(From Liverpool Echo)

The ranking takes into account every scheduled and chartered flight from 24 major UK airports.

Their idea of a major airport is questionable. The list includes Durham Tees Valley which the UK's 33rd busiest but a number of busier airports such as Bristol (UK's 9th busiest) and London City (UK's 13th busiest) are not included.

I posted elsewhere that if they are going to do a job it should be done properly. In effect, they have arbitrarily selected 24 of the country's 33 busiest airports.

It might be that those missed out are not displeased as they might not have fared well, or alternatively they might have been at the top of the tree, but we won't know, therefore the 'research' is of limited value.

Their idea of a major airport is questionable. The list includes Durham Tees Valley which the UK's 33rd busiest but a number of busier airports such as Bristol (UK's 9th busiest) and London City (UK's 13th busiest) are not included.

I posted elsewhere that if they are going to do a job it should be done properly. In effect, they have arbitrarily selected 24 of the country's 33 busiest airports.

It might be that those missed out are not displeased as they might not have fared well, or alternatively they might have been at the top of the tree, but we won't know, therefore the 'research' is of limited value.

As far as Liverpool's concerned its probably pretty accurate with OAG awarding 5 star for on time performance.

Liverpool Airport is the only UK airport to receive 5* on time performance in the UK from OAG this time around. This is period June 18 to May 19, when 84.58 % of flights departed not later than 15 mins late.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock