Just watching Virgin 363 (ISB -MAN, A330-300, G-VLUV), made one approach to MAN, before climbing to 15000ft and heading south. It got as far as Cannock before turning north and now seems to be in a holding pattern between Stone and Cannock.

Kevin
It was slightly odd because the previous 3 or 4 flights got into MAN. I assumed he was diverting to BHX when he initially turned south but appeared to have second thoughts as to whether he should have another go at MAN or perhaps he was just assessing the best alternate. In the event he diverted to LHR.

Yes both the EUK44 and QTR are back at MAN, interesting the SAS CRJ900 did one approach
and diverted to Copenhagen and both Pegasus sat on ground but are now on way.
It was the squalls that caused the fun along with cross wind. I am getting sick of drying the dog out after his walk
please can we have some better weather.

Thanks Mullion. Yes, squalls, heavy rain showers, gusts, crosswinds, plus the inevitable windshear which often gives MAN problems when the wind is from the west or northwest. It was just potluck with the timing of approaches this morning. Frustrating for air crew, passengers and some loss of revenue for MAN but a bit extra in the BHX coffers.

Not seen anything posted here, howver it appears we had a Beluga divert in this afternoon.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/f-gstd
It's showing on the FR24 BHX departures as outbound tomorrow at 15:15 as BGA164D to TLS. However, there is no indication of it's arrival at BHX. I'm aware that Airbus are going to lease the Belugas for outsized cargo, but would BHX have the equipment to load/unload the aircraft?

Kevin
This report was in the local Bristol paper this afternoon. Of local interest in the Bristol area because of the Airbus facility.

Beluga F-GSTD diverted in from Madrid on its way to Chester arrived at 13:27 (technical fault) and due to depart estimatedt at 15:50 to Toulouse.

Information from bhxmovementsblog.

Last edited:
FR24 shows Beluga F-GSTD got just north of Welshpool at 16,275ft before diverting to BHX. It did several holding circuits, while descending before landing.

51919136509_b6edc26cb3_k.jpg

This would indicate a technical problem, rather than a full emergency or medical divert.

Kevin

Looking through today's arrivals on FR24, all of TUI's flights appear to have operated late. Also, both today's and tomorrow's (Sunday) Turkish flights are cancelled.

Kevin

TUI's time keeping has been awful last few weeks, not certain if its down to the handling agent, or lack of checking staff for TUI? Need to get it sorted for summer asap!! Heavy snow in Istanbul again, causing delays & cancellations.

TUI's time keeping has been awful last few weeks, not certain if its down to the handling agent, or lack of checking staff for TUI? Need to get it sorted for summer asap!! Heavy snow in Istanbul again, causing delays & cancellations.
Thanks for the info, Matt. I wonder if there might be an aircraft upgrade on the Turkish, to cope with delayed passengers.

Kevin

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock