Volcano Eruptions

Kevin Farnell

May 21, 2013
www.flickr.com
Could someone clarify something floating within my mind please?

There is no rainfall from Space so rising sea levels are from the conversion of Ice or Vapour into liquid and any expansion due to heat retention with Global Warming a probable cause.

Happy to be corrected!
Not rainfall as such, but certain types of meteorites contain water. I've seen online, estimates of between 37,000 and 78,000 tonnes of them entering Earth's atmosphere per year. So, we do get water from space.
Also, Comets are made up of a significant proportion of water ice and if the Earth passes through the tail of a Comet (which can be millions of miles long), then more water may be captured.
You are correct about rising sea levels being from conversion ice (water in it's solid state) or vapour (gaseous state) into liquid. During ice ages, immense amounts of water are locked up in the Polar caps and glaciers. Water has a most unusual property of being less dense in it's solid form than in liquid, hence icebergs are approx 10% above the water/90% below. Melting of the Polar caps and glaciers will obviously lead to higher sea levels.

Kevin

Kevin Farnell

May 21, 2013
www.flickr.com
Do we add to it through the emissions? Particles of dust, attract moisture therefore turning into rain. Could be wrong.
We certainly do add water to the atmosphere through emissions. The burning of any substance is 'Oxidation' i.e. the chemical reaction of a substance with Oxygen (O2). Seeing as most things that we burn (fossil fuels, wood etc) are composed largely of Carbon (C) and Hydrogen (H), then a large amount of the products of Oxidation are going to be the Oxides of Carbon (CO, CO2) and the primary Oxide of Hydrogen (H2O).
Dust particles do attract moisture and thus create rain. This is a process known as 'Seeding'. Experiments have been carried out to try to 'Seed' rain over drought stricken areas by dropping Silver Iodide (AgI) crydstals, from aircraft, with limited success. No, I don't know why AgI was the chosen 'Seed.

Kevin

Sherburnflyer92

Premium Member+
Subscriber
May 7, 2011
37,000FT - soon!
I didn't notice @JENNYJET your fine. But thank you for the correction.

Could this keep going through the winter period? Is that something scientists are saying @Kevin Farnell? I would go and see what the fake new has to say but the psychopaths are too busy manipulating public behaviour into thinking there's a fuel shortage at this moment.

Last edited:
Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected
Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks some useful and important features of our website. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.