alphagolf

Jun 8, 2010
Bowerhill, Melksham. Wiltshire
It has been rumoured on another aviation forum that airberlin are being looked at to fill some of void in routes to Germany from Bristol Airport.

If this is the case and the airline commits to Bristol, it could be a very good move by the airport with airberlin joining the oneworld alliance and that the airline is due to start codeshare flights with BA as of next month. :smile:

alphagolf

Yes, it would be a good move for the airport given the dearth of German routes.

Recent rumours have focused on the LH Group (possibly in the form of bmiRegional) being involved in the 2012 new routes the airport confidently predicted a few weeks ago with German destinations featuring within the said rumours.

It's certainly important to have a range of airlines within the three alliances so far as business travellers in particular are concerned, so any extension of such choice is welcome.

Is Air Berlin considered as a 'full' service airline given that they offer connections trough the various alliances?

I'm sure somebody mentioned the airport was in talks with a full service airline so perhaps there might be some truth in the rumour?

I don't know how Air Berlin would be described. In fact, the difference between legacy carriers and low-cost airlines on board is gradually disappearing as the former look to cut costs.

Air Berlin may be different to the likes of Ryanair and easyJet that are point to point airlines but whether they are one of the full-service airlines mentioned by the airport a few weeks ago I don't know. With the spin beloved of airport managements it could be the case.

It would be great to see AirBerlin operating from more regional airports in the UK. I think they only operate to around four airports outside of London at the moment.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock