Too many bags being pulled for secondary screening everyday. Either a flaw in system or staff not properly trained. Staff just not proactive enough dealing with bag scanning. More staff definitely needed or deployed quickly to deal with backlog of bags
I suspect there isn't a flaw in the system, and neither is it likely a case of the staff not being proactive enough. It is more likely the secondary screening has been mandated by the Department for Transport as it is the type of procedure they sanction.

I suspect there isn't a flaw in the system, and neither is it likely a case of the staff not being proactive enough. It is more likely the secondary screening has been mandated by the Department for Transport as it is the type of procedure they sanction.
Feels like they've suddenly got cold feet about this now airports are going live with the new kit.

as noted before, this has been caused by BHX and their botched rollout. you will have seen the queues. part of the issue is they were getting far too many secondaries for liquids and this was tying up agents doing the additional liquids scan - this is not the same as the swab thing that used to happen. anyway, instead of doing a BHX carve out, they just reverted to old liquid rules everywhere whilst BHX learns how to run an airport again.

Anyone have any update on security queue times at around 4am? Ta
i got there at 4 am Monday (17 June) and the security queue was back to the arrival exit. Horrendous. Within 10 minutes, they had set up a snakey queue near the Cafes and that was filling up fast. I managed to get online and purchase a Fastrack ticket (at £9.25!) but it was worth it. My son went next day (18 June) half an hour later and it was the same. He had pre-booked Fastrack and said it was a godsend.

I imagine that had they not waited 30 mins for a bus, they'd have waited 30 mins instead to get through border control or for the bags in a crowded baggage reclaim area . Better sitting on the plane if it gets you no hassle in the terminal. Ultimately it doesn't sound like it took that long to get out of the terminal.

I imagine that had they not waited 30 mins for a bus, they'd have waited 30 mins instead to get through border control or for the bags in a crowded baggage reclaim area . Better sitting on the plane if it gets you no hassle in the terminal. Ultimately it doesn't sound like it took that long to get out of the terminal.
We have met some people that arrived from Manchester without cases due to power issues.
Had option to fly without or get off.
Jeans and doc Martins don't know how they are coping

We have met some people that arrived from Manchester without cases due to power issues.
Had option to fly without or get off.
Jeans and doc Martins don't know how they are coping
I see TUI leased Titan Airways Airbus A321F, G-POWW to move some of the left behind luggage today.

Flying out on the 7.50 FR to Dublin this morning.
Was hoping to get the 5.05 Flyer from Leeds, however I managed to snooze 4 alarms and slept in! Made the 6.05 and got to the airport at 6.35.
Was going to book Fast Track Security due to the tight window but thankfully the queue at security was non-existent and Fast Track was actually bigger!
8 minutes from getting off the bus and into departures is incredible! Inbound is running early so fingers crossed for an ontime departure.

Not one to knock LBA only used Manchester once or twice since started travelling with folks in 80s, came through arrivals this morning but as mentioned before by a forum member it's not a good experience. Yes aware it will improve but bags took ages. Landed at 0225 and didn't get home to horsforth until 4 am and taxi was already waiting for us.

Landed 5/10 minutes early from Dublin, outside on the bus into Leeds 15 mins later, honestly can't pick a single fault from the trip.
Not airport related but the bus is absolutely having, full seated and standing, I do think capacity needs to be increased on the route...

Back out again to Krakow in less than 2 weeks

Similar story again this morning although the airport is much busier, you can definitely tell there's the 2 Wizz flights this morning.
13 mins from bus to departures, security queue said 10 minutes and was spot on. Seating is a challenge although I found one downstairs, the escalator is broken though that splits the 2 departure levels. Everything from an airport POV felt clean and organised (passengers not so much).
The steelwork is looking brilliant, I just wish they shouted about it more in departures.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

I've asked Gareth Southgate for the winning lottery numbers. He said 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 and 6
Aviador wrote on VC10's profile.
Thank you once again for your contribution to the running costs of Forums4airports. It's much appreciated.
Come On You England Boys
New "Helpful" tick and a "Great Photo" camera reactions now added.
X (Formerly Twitter) embeds should now be working fully again, though you may need to use the [MEDIA] BB Code to see the full effect if the single link doesn't embed correctly ;)
Being elevated in the field of Law does not make one immune from the troubles of medical life, apart from a long standing Brain issue, I have been diagnosed with Angina, a condition that actually hurts. I have no family and since my precious dog Peggy died, I have have no one to oblige myself. I am unwell, cannot avoid that so I wish you all well.

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock