News Guru

Administrator
Apr 10, 2010
EUROPE
European-Union
Liverpool Airport taxi drivers angry over new dress code

Taxi drivers have been ordered to smarten up by Liverpool Airport bosses, concerned over visitors’ first impressions of Liverpool, the Echo. Cabbies picking up at the airport must now abide by a dress code detailing what they can and cannot wear, with football shirts, vests and flip-flops all on the banned list.

The airport’s conduct code states drivers must be ‘suitably attired’ and hackney drivers should maintain high standards of personal hygiene. Angry taxi drivers described the rules, which could see them banned from the rank if not followed, as ‘a step too far’. Some have already been stopped from plying for hire for repeatedly ignoring warnings.

Source

Two new upcoming developments in the Liverpool Airport region is the opening of the new bridge at Runcorn I believe later in 2017. This will greatly improve access by car on the existing congested old bridge. The other infrastructure improvement is the re opening of a piece of railways line, which we allow trains from Chester and North Wales to reach Liverpool and call at the Liverpool South Parkway Station, which provides a frequent a bus transfer to the terminal building. The work on the railway has already begun.

Whilst Liverpool South Parkway Station is a great interchange and a massive boost for access for air passengers to reach the terminal building with the frequent bus links available,what I'd like to see in the future ( and its on the Merseytravel plans) is a proper fixed rail connection right to the airport. I know this would cost millions, but hey the UK can waist millions on a garden bridge for London, and that's just in the planning !
This would be more useful, if the Merseyrail line from Hunts Cross could swing south with an intermediate station serving Speke , an area of approx 20,000 inhabitants with poor travel connections , then to the airport itself. I think this would bring a massive boost to the airport affording easy onward connections at South Parkway ( next station after Hunts Cross) to Manchester , Leeds , Crewe, Birmingham, Chester and North Wales and of course the city centre itself. Plus give a rail station for Speke one of the more disadvantaged areas of the city. So one day I hope, its not a long rail extension required and oh so much more worthwhile than a garden bridge !! Just my opinion of course. : -)

Does Liverpool have a Metro Mayor now and is the airport included in it? If both are yes then it could be possible in the future. Though i've never been to LPL i have been in the area and i noticed a lot of industrial sites mainly warehousing in the area. Possibly a train station could help with commuters heading to work in the area.

Yep, there is a Liverpool mayor but he's not exactly tact and diplomacy. Don't think he's realised that gentle persuasion of "opposition" Government ministers is required and not the effing and jeffing that has been sprouting forth from his mouth.

The new metro mayor is Steve Rotherham he is an ex MP as was Andy Burnham the Manchester one, there mates apparently.

Yep, there is a Liverpool mayor but he's not exactly tact and diplomacy. Don't think he's realised that gentle persuasion of "opposition" Government ministers is required and not the effing and jeffing that has been sprouting forth from his mouth.

I think I know who you mean he was a mayor but not a metro mayor ...and he didn't get the post. Can't think of his name. He has gone anyway.

Last weekend the impressive new bridge over the River Mersey at Runcorn opened. This is a huge improvement on the existing bridge, offering much faster access across the river to Liverpool Airport. The bridge is 3 lanes, with a 60 MPH speed limit. There is now a toll over the river of £2.00, you should register or pay via Merseyflow.

It should make it easier to access LPL for people on the runcorn side and North Wales. Is the toll each way do you know?

Arriva has upgraded their express airport bus link. Number 500 calls at Liverpool South Parkway Station, then Liverpool ONE bus station. The double decker fleet feature leather seating , USB and WiFi and audio visual announcement system.

Easybus are to introduce a Chester to Liverpool Airport service.
With the Halton Curve opening at the end of the year allowing direct trains from Chester to South Parkway. Access to the airport by public transport will be a lot swifter.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock