News Guru

Administrator
Apr 10, 2010
EUROPE
European-Union
Virgin considers northern flights

Virgin Australia plans to introduce flights between Asian countries and remote northern Australia as part of any code share deal with Singapore Airlines.

However Virgin chief executive John Borghetti would not reveal what routes he was considering.

One possibility would be Broome, in Western Australia, which is a popular tourism destination but had virtually no international inbound flights.

The airline's proposed partnership with the Singapore carrier is awaiting regulatory approval and would be the fourth piece in an alliance deal with overseas carriers that gives Virgin access to 400 destinations.

Read more: http://www.skynews.com.au/businessnews/ ... 65208&vId=

http://edition.cnn.com/2015/12/29/enter ... tter-rant/

Actor Russell Crowe has thrown his toys out of the pram because he was not allowed to take hoverboards on a Virgin Australia aircraft as they are considered dangerous owing to a propensity to burst into flames, possibly because of faulty lithium batteries.

He was with his two young sons trying to board a flight at Sydney to go on holiday.

He launched into a pubic condemnation of the airline saying he should have been told when he booked the tickets. The fact that this information is contained in the dangerous goods section of the airline's booking confirmation, and it would have been repeated in emails he received in connection with the booking, doesn't seem good enough for such an important individual as Mr Crowe. I'm surprised that he didn't want the chairman of the airline to deal with his booking personally when he made it.

So it goes to show that it doesn't matter how celebrated a person apparently is they still don't bother to read the booking conditions.

No doubt he can afford to hire a private jet. I'm surprised he doesn't already own one.

The selection of Bain Capital as the successful bidder for Virgin Australia means the airline will survive in a smaller form and will broadly follow the strategic blueprint developed by the current management team.

My wife and I have used Virgin Australia for domestic flights on a number of occasions when visiting family in Australia. We've always
been very satisfied with their product. It's good to know that their future appears to have been secured.

When we were in Australia earlier this year, we used both Virgin and Jetstar and the service on Virgin was far superior than Jetstar.

Jetstar is the LCC arm of the Qantas Group, whereas Virgin Australia is a "mainline" carrier.

Cost of tickets no longer really comes into it as often BA flights can be cheaper than EZY.

Virgin Australia has a business class offering which IMO no LCC currently has or will ever have.

When we were in Australia earlier this year, we used both Virgin and Jetstar and the service on Virgin was far superior than Jetstar.
We used Jetstar (Qantas subsidiary) a couple of times too - from Melbourne Avalon (really Geelong Airport) to Sydney and back on their A320s. Our Virgin Oz flights were all on B737-800s from/to Melbourne Tullamarine.

Can't really complain about any of the flights with either airline. Avalon is a small airport in terms of passenger traffic (wouldn't mind its 3,000-metre runway at my local BRS airport though) so passage through the terminal was extremely civilised, not that Tullamarine is bad in our experience unless you land in the overnight group of inter-continental arrivals.

Jetstar is the LCC arm of the Qantas Group, whereas Virgin Australia is a "mainline" carrier.

Cost of tickets no longer really comes into it as often BA flights can be cheaper than EZY.

Virgin Australia has a business class offering which IMO no LCC currently has or will ever have.

Why doesn't cost of tickets come into it?
If I get better service at the same price I know who I will give my money to. LCC cut the service to give you a cheaper deal, but not in this case. The flights were mid week, middle of the day so not at peak times.

Why doesn't cost of tickets come into it?
If I get better service at the same price I know who I will give my money to. LCC cut the service to give you a cheaper deal, but not in this case. The flights were mid week, middle of the day so not at peak times.

As you say it's the service you get that counts, which in turn depends upon what the passenger wants.

Once you compare like for like (e.g. checked baggage) LCC are often the same if not more expensive than full service carriers.

I've only flown Jetstar once 10+ years ago and I've never flown Virgin Australia so don't know how they compare other that what you say.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock