I have just found an article which has caught my eye.

KLM, Air France grab more traffic - Airlines grow market share

It appears that Air France/ KLM's aggressive push for more of the Canada-Europe traffic pie has worked out.

Although definitive figures are not available yet, Air Canada's transatlantic traffic rose 11.6 per cent in the second quarter and 4.4 per cent in July, while volume for all carriers on that run increased significantly more than that.

Figures by Montreal's International Air Transport Association (IATA) show that two-way traffic between Canada and Europe jumped 24.8 per cent in April, 11.7 per cent in May and 10.4 per cent in June, markedly more than the 11.6-per-cent average Air Canada put up for those three months. The overall July increase of 13.3 per cent is three times higher than Air Canada's.

Although one possible reason for the disparity is the introduction by Air France/ KLM of service on its Paris-Montreal route aboard a 538-seat A380 superjumbo starting on April 22, it's not a certainty.

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/France+g ... z1ZcSDYkbq

It seems that Canada is becoming an increasingly popular place, but Air Transat are failing to grab any of the market that is definitely out there.

Their fleet is getting a lot older and there is still no definite replacement for the A310 family. I was recently weighing up which carrier would be ideal for a typically bias route, on my part, from LBA to Canada. I immediately thought of Air Transat but after reading their 12 strong A310 fleet are to be leaving the fleet between 2013 and 2016 and no replacement has been found, they look to be heading into the ground.
The A310's make up 12 out of their fleet of 22 aircraft, so it looks like a very large portion of the airline is to be soon lost....

They don't seem to be competitive enough, and as Air Canada and European airlines are quickly taking parts of the market that have been found, Air Transat are being left behind.

Aviador I can tell you that Air Transat are set to recive up to 3x ex Thomas Cook UK - Airbus A330's this winter which have come to the end off there leases.

So there's a start on the A310 fleet replacement.

Air Transat (TS, Montréal Trudeau) urgently needs to secure CAD500 million Canadian dollars (USD401 million) in long-term financing to ensure its operations' continuity should its acquisition by Air Canada (AC, Montréal Trudeau) not go ahead, parent company Transat A.T. Inc. said in its first-quarter 2021 financial report.

Air Transat (TS, Montréal Trudeau) parent Transat AT will borrow up to CAD700 million Canadian dollars (USD570 million) from the Canadian government via the pandemic-relieving Large Employer Emergency Financing Facility (LEEFF) programme, the tour operator revealed in a statement on April 29.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock