U

User0001

SAS airlines, have today announced a new route from Manchester to Bergen, along with 20 other new routes

SAS is giving its customers 21 new destinations to choose from when the 2012 summer schedule comes into operation

The route will begin on January 6th, and tickets will go on sale from October 20th.

Just have to amend that the route starts 26th Jan, not 6th.

Another catch for the Manchester Airport team!

It seems all the routes that LBA wanted are going to be landing the wrong side of the hill..... :cry:

Id expect that its football responsible for this route. Lots of footie supporters in the Bergen area who have to connect at other airports to get to MAN.

Also, this was to trump Norwegian airlines, as its believed they also want to start MAN-BGO.

Some more details about this route.

The flight will be 4xweekly, thu/fri/sun/mon arriving at 2000 departing at 2040.

It will use the B737-600 and will be year round.

What's interesting about this, is that its the 2nd route this year MAN has taken off LGW directly, as this flight replaces the LGW-BGO flight which now ends in January. This also means SAS no longer serves LGW.

SAS are to increase Manchester flights for Summer 2013

Copenhagen sees a 2nd daily flight on Saturdays, making the route 14 weekly in total
Oslo increases to 6 weekly, with extra flights on Tuesdays and Thursdays

Bergen remains at 2 weekly summer/4 weekly winter
Stockholm remains at 11 weekly

The Scandinavian region seems to be becoming a strong destination from MAN, with over 200 weekly flights on 6 airlines for the Summer 2013 season.

So popular I'm surprised Easyjet, Ryanair or Jet2 haven't got in on the act from LPL or LBA.

So popular I'm surprised Easyjet, Ryanair or Jet2 haven't got in on the act from LPL or LBA.

Well Ryanair do serve Torp and Rygge (Oslo) from Liverpool, and have only recently cancelled Stockholm Skavsta (however, given how many flights operate to Scandinavia and the growing Ryanair operation, coupled with the fact it seems to be a trend at the moment, I would not be surprised to see Skavsta appear at MAN).

I do not however, understand how LBA has not got a single route to the region.

An interesting point to note is that of 27th October, SAS will have 7 daily flights on Mondays. It's incredible to think how much capacity they have at MAN now.

There will be 3 CPH, 2 ARN, 1 OSL and 1 BGO. What's even more crazy is that all bar one of those flights are on the B737 and larger. Just the evening CPH uses a CRJ-900

User001 mentions that LBA has no routes to CPH. I cannot understand this either. I flew back from CPH to EDI with Norwegian the other week, Tuesday flight and the flight attendant said every seat was taken -and on a 737 800. This despite SAS, Ryanair and EasyJet all on the route. MAN seems to be doing ok too so when will LBA make an appearance?

The 3 daily Copenhagen runs into the summer now, but, the evening flight upgrades from the CRJ900 to the A320, so, a nice upgrade.

Oslo increases to daily, up from 6 weekly, and Stockholm increases from the 6 weekly of last summer to 9 weekly next summer.

Bergen remains 2 weekly.

SAS now have a large presence in MAN. ARN will have nearly two daily now SAS, on top of MON.

ARN has 13 weekly SAS, 2 weekly Norwegian and 3 weekly Monarch next summer.

Lots of capacity there!

The (almost) twice daily SAS is bookable. I do wonder why the absence of a second Saturday flight. Anyways, the Friday schedule to Stockholm looks pretty impressive, with Monarch also on Thursday and twice daily SAS everyday excluding SAT. This is as a result of a dummy booking for Friday 9th June of MAN-ARN:
View attachment 4023
And the return Friday options (ARN-MAN):
View attachment 4024
Very impressive. Great to have severely extended links to ARN with a 4 weekly increase from S16 with ZB and SK.

Oslo (TRF and OSL) is now also 10 weekly for S17 (SAS and RYR)

Oh, great. We will have to wait for that flight to become fully bookable. This is to Gardemoen (OSL) rather than Torp (TRF) I assume being DY?

Last edited:
Oh, yes of course. It is nearly Friday - I got mistaken between Stockholm Arlanda and Olso! My mistake.

Am I right in thinking that Norwegian's Scandinavian offering has remained at 3 x OSL; 2 x ARN and 2 x SVG for a while now? Still, they are expanding elsewhere from MAN. Good to see more planned increases from SAS though.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock