Winter Ski

Advertisement

alphagolf

Premium Member Plus
Jun 8, 2010
Bowerhill, Melksham. Wiltshire
The coming winter's easyJet BRS-GVA programme appears to be the same as last winter in terms of rotations per day each week:

Monday 3
Tuesday 2
Wednesday 2
Thursday 2
Friday 3
Saturday 5
Sunday 4
Total 21

For a couple of weeks over the February half-term there will be a sixth Saturday rotation, operated by easyJet Switzerland. This has happened at February half-term in recent years although I'm not sure if it happened in February this year.

The weekly Thomas Cook ski flight to Geneva operated for Esprit, Inghams and Thomas Cook. Inghams appear to be taking seats on easyJet for the coming winter.

TUI's weekly ski flight to Geneva usually caters for Crystal Ski which is a TUI company.

The new TUI weekly ski flight to Memmingham, Germany is still advertised on the BRS website but test bookings there and on the Crystal Ski website (for whom I presume the flight is aimed) come up with nothing. Instead test bookings on the Crystal Ski website show Bavarian holidays flown via Salzburg, both from BRS and from LGW which was the other airport orginally advertised with a Memmingen route.
Just went on to crystal ski booking site and selected flights only and the Memmingen flights are bookable.

Attachments

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Just went on to crystal ski booking site and selected flights only and the Memmingen flights are bookable.
Thanks for that. I did try ski holidays under Crystal Ski it's true, and the only Bavarian ones showed via Salzburg from BRS and LGW. Nothing is in the TUI timetable either.

Also when I tried the BRS website 'Where We Fly' and clicked on Memmingen in the Winter Sports section the dates from 21 December until the end of the month all showed 'No flights' under the 'Direct to Bristol/Direct from Bristol' heading.

They don't make it easy for people to book if the Memmingen flights are still operating from 21 December.

superking

Platinum Member
Feb 14, 2013
Talk the other week about santa and ski flights. I see today there is 3 flights to Kittia. 2 flights are with Easyjet and 1 flight is with TUI. I would think the TUI and 1 flight is santa flights and the second Easyjet flight could be a ski flight and stay all winter season.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
IMPORTANT!! To reduce spam, we request that you make a post soon after completing your registration. We request you keep your account active by posting regularly. Inactive accounts risk being deleted.
Yes
Talk the other week about santa and ski flights. I see today there is 3 flights to Kittia. 2 flights are with Easyjet and 1 flight is with TUI. I would think the TUI and 1 flight is santa flights and the second Easyjet flight could be a ski flight and stay all winter season.
Yes, the TUI is a Santa flight. In recent winters easyJet has operated to Kittila 2 or 3 times a week from around early December until early March. It will be for a tour operator or tour operators, no doubt for winter sports, because it does not appear in the easyJet booking engine.

ROC10

Jan 1, 2019
UK
Yes, the TUI is a Santa flight. In recent winters easyJet has operated to Kittila 2 or 3 times a week from around early December until early March. It will be for a tour operator or tour operators, no doubt for winter sports, because it does not appear in the easyJet booking engine.
The TUI flight operated straight back to BRS after landing so I’m not sure it was a Santa flight. LGW and MAN each had two flights, one operated straight back whilst the others stayed and are now operating back tonight.

TheLocalYokel

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 14, 2009
Wurzel Country
Yes

It will have been a Santa flight. Theres not just day trips but few night stays in Lapland. Like a standard TFS, DLM, PMI etc.
Today's TUI flight was indeed a 'Santa flight' for TUI and Inghams for a 3-day duration holiday.

Top Bottom