An article in Travel Weekly and Travel Trade Gazette, states that Majorca wants to concentrate on quality not quantity, so doesn't want hordes of Brits on cheap holidays, but would rather have fewer numbers of people paying a lot more for their holidays, but as Jerry has previously stated perhaps Vueling know something we don't,

Looks like VY are making some major reductions on their CWL flights:

- AGP operating 5 x in February, 7 x in April, 6 x in May and only twice in June (route normally twice weekly)
- ALC operating 6 x in May and 4 x in June (route normally three weekly)

What on earth is going on? :cautious:

Am hoping there's more adjustments to come...for the better.

Well good news too recover some capacity! Hope they'll add more.

Looks like I spoke too soon - seems they’re being loaded back in gradually: probably changing the fare classes as some of them are quite high - which would mean high forward bookings I’d guess…

As you were (y)

There’s some high/very high fares generally throughout VY’s routes from April - October.

I flew to ALC yesterday aboard the VY

There were 147 booked with 9 no shows

Am sure the loads will increase drastically as half term is on the horizon!

As usual with VY, a lovely flight, nice crew and efficiently on time.

CWL is always a pleasure.

It appears that the Vueling Paris rugby flight went tech on arrival and it looks like it might be scheduled to depart tomorrow instead.
VY1242Vueling AirlinesParis CDG18 Mar 202311:30Scheduled

Vueling have added an extra flight to Alicante on the 23rd May.
They've also added an extra flight on the 31st May. This means there will be 2 departures to Alicante from Vueling on that day.
ALC-CWL 18.20-19.50 CWL-ALC 20.25-23.50

That's a couple more flights for May, perhaps they will increase flights peak as well, I'm surprised they cut so many flights when they published their timetable. Perhaps their bookings are better than they thought they would be, especially as there is no WIZZ competition this year.

That's a couple more flights for May, perhaps they will increase flights peak as well, I'm surprised they cut so many flights when they published their timetable. Perhaps their bookings are better than they thought they would be, especially as there is no WIZZ competition this year.
What you have to remember, is that airlines don't have fleets of aircraft sitting around and crews twiddling their thumbs waiting to be assigned to new routes. The airlines will be planning their route network and fleet utilisation a good 12 to 18 months ahead. The lowest yielding routes are likely to get the chop and the aircraft moved to more profitable services. It's a 'dog eat dog' business (as are most) and if you don't strive to be the fittest and adapt to changing markets, then you are likely to go under.

Just wish they’d get their W23/24 flights on sale so people book from CWL - each day that goes by is a booking lost to BRS…

Praying they do hang around at CWL!

(y) :unsure:

Just wish they’d get their W23/24 flights on sale so people book from CWL - each day that goes by is a booking lost to BRS…

Praying they do hang around at CWL!

(y) :unsure:
Early November just been loaded (presumably to cover school half term returnees) - but if it continues the same pattern for the full winter schedule then ALC is 3 x and AGP 2 x weekly

(y)

Early November just been loaded (presumably to cover school half term returnees) - but if it continues the same pattern for the full winter schedule then ALC is 3 x and AGP 2 x weekly

(y)
Better than nothing. It'll be Summer 2024 that's key. Hopefully we'll see them add frequency again and return PMI.

Both are now loaded up until Mid/End of January 2024. What offering did they have last Winter?

Seems promising in principle that the Summer 2023 schedule is continuing into Winter … As Jerry says above, Summer 2024 looks to be key for the airport (You’d be hopeful that VY would increase their existing offering if they’re going with a S23 offering thoughout W23).

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

New "Helpful" tick and a "Great Photo" camera reactions now added.
X (Formerly Twitter) embeds should now be working fully again, though you may need to use the [MEDIA] BB Code to see the full effect if the single link doesn't embed correctly ;)
Being elevated in the field of Law does not make one immune from the troubles of medical life, apart from a long standing Brain issue, I have been diagnosed with Angina, a condition that actually hurts. I have no family and since my precious dog Peggy died, I have have no one to oblige myself. I am unwell, cannot avoid that so I wish you all well.
All set for a busy football weekend peeps?
A couple of tweaks here and there coming, keep an eye and see if you can spot the difference ;)
That time of the year again. The Eurovision 2024

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock