Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the LBA-LHR was half an hour late departing so they must have made up time.
Around 90 minutes late today, along with virtually everything else. All flights seem to be between 45 and 90 minutes late departing.amidst claims on line of chaos at security. They are probably exaggerating but undoubtedly very long queues given the number of scheduled early departures today.

Loganair has just announced its axing it's Teesside to London Heathrow & Southampton.

It might help Flybe with the Leeds/Bradford - London Heathrow route.
To use a different analogy, the trouble is the Leeds to Heathrow route is like the pub down the road which has changed hands so many times and been closed for so long in-between. It's lost the regulars it once had and It's difficult to see how it can become the success it once was. The one thing in Flybe's favour though is the size of the aircraft should be more economical to run both with fuel and fewer passengers. Fingers crossed they can make it a success.

LBA-LHR with full charges at Heathrow, high fuel prices and no codeshare or interline agreements will be just as much of a disaster as it was going to be. The presence or removal of MME-LHR won't change that.

Well I’ve done my bit again to support the route. Flying down the night before my BA flight to MIA/EZE next month. Didn’t quite trust the 0645 to connect with the 1415 from T5. Flying back to LBA on a Saturday morning. Land into T5 at 0620 and the LBA flight is at 0945…hopefully should be ok to connect.

So if BE become happy with both BHD and LHR could we see them also reappear on SOU, NQY, ABZ and DUS? Potentially enough for at least a 2 unit base and all routes except BHD would have no competition. T3 taking their old and decrepit bat (J41) home to HUY May end up working very much in our favour

So if BE become happy with both BHD and LHR could we see them also reappear on SOU, NQY, ABZ and DUS? Potentially enough for at least a 2 unit base and all routes except BHD would have no competition. T3 taking their old and decrepit bat (J41) home to HUY May end up working very much in our favour
Its a big 'if' though.

Im afraid to say the presenter is very much correct, regarding terminal expansion, whats that saying "you cant polish a t***"
"removed from this hellish pit" lol this video clearly shows we need a new terminal but never going to happen due to the pathetic the group that shall not be mentioned, snivelling gove etc

Last edited:
The video report is a little unfair given that he used LBA at one of the most challenging times for all airports in the U.K. That said his general comments about the terminal are spot on and unlike the current short term staffing issues, that problem is not going to go away until the new extension is built and even then there are doubts as to how big a difference that will make particularly if passenger numbers significantly increase.

The video report is a little unfair given that he used LBA at one of the most challenging times for all airports in the U.K. That said his general comments about the terminal are spot on and unlike the current short term staffing issues, that problem is not going to go away until the new extension is built and even then there are doubts as to how big a difference that will make particularly if passenger numbers significantly increase.
The extension planned will make no difference whatsoever esp with the big increase of pax planned. The terminal will always look the same with its very gloomy, grey, miss match, low ceiling and out of date look. I hate the small passage way feel, much prefer the open plan high ceiling feel which sadly can never be achieved in our 1960s terminal. Ok going to hide now haha

Well the group that shall not be mentioned and the famous five MPs want people to hate flying through LBA so much that the fly from elsewhere, bringing about a reduction in demand and flights. For them that will be job done.

The extension will hugely improve the arrivals experience. However, the departures experience improvement will be marginal only, brought about by the upper floor of the extension being additional departure space including seating and more gates.

Only when phase 2 is completed, which reconfigures the interior of the existing terminal, to create a larger security hall and potentially a larger Check in hall A, will the departures experience improve significantly, but there are some issues that are impossible to rectify. Ceiling height and pillars everywhere being two.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock