Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this is a direct reaction to poor loads on the later flights each day, but one flight a day is not going to help loads on that one remaining flight. If HAL have asked for service reductions then BE may have done some useful cost negotiations. If they can maintain reasonable loads on the one remaining flight, get some code-shares in place and wait until the industry sorts itself then who knows re a future increase.

To throw a complete curve-ball in here, is it a possible return of BA that is also influencing things...........

I must say I am surprised at the reported load factors during the rail strike. I think it suggests that point to point is never going to be enough to support a London service.

Yes. It is almost like some of us have said this from the start that point to point is simply insufficient alone to support a LHR service :)

The experience of the BA service and make up of passengers would also confirm that, the vast majority were connecting passengers. With a direct 2-2.5 hr rail service departing every 30 mins for most of the day from city centre to city centre, and the poor transport links to LBA, air simply cannot compete with rail on this route.

Personally cant say I'm shocked by the reduction, however it is a very big one. we all said LHR Flybe point to point x3 daily would not work. codeshares would be a different story. Flybe need to stick at what they're good at BHD, get some money in the bank, then take on riskier/more expensive routers. LHR etc. be interesting to know how their AMS & BHD routes from LHR are doing. Always think JER & NQY are good point to point routes for Flybe..

I've phoned Flybe customer services 3 times today and have been hanging on for a total of just over 2 hours. On one attempt I selected the 'make new booking' but gave up after hanging on 25 minutes! Something seriously wrong with this airline.
Looks like we were in the same queue LBAYORKIE. I was on hold for ~ 60 minutes before speaking to a human being btw.

Now that my initial anger has waned, I've re-booked for the Saturday (23rd July) flight and requested a cancellation for the Sunday return - back home on LNER.

I got through on the web -chat but it took ages to speak to a person. Just got robots for first 15 mins. I couldn't move my outbound from the Sunday and whilst I could have delayed my return from the Monday to Tuesday it would have cost me another night in an hotel. In any case I didn't trust them so got a full refund. I'm now going by car.

Also worth noting that LHR slots have been protected by the new gov rule 30%, not sure of the ins and outs. BE could be taking advantage/sensible option to reduce and still secure the slots

Sorry folks, there aren't the pax for x7 daily. I hope that they act responsibly and cut the flights to demand ie 4/5 daily.
Why see the bad side it’s good to see this amount of daily Belfast flights. I’m sure airlines know what they’re doing

I base my observation on the fact that when FlyBe were on their own, it was only 4/5 daily for part of the year. We have still not recovered from the effects of covid, especially with business travel, and easyJet are also flying to BFS.
My concern is that EI/BE are trying to knock each other the route and we will end up with an even worse timetable.
Just my thoughts. (y)

People don’t just travel for business they also travel for leisure i remember last year being very popular for stay cations which is what warranted easyJet doing Belfast. Hopefully this year is similar.

It’s good for the time being so don’t think about the negative aspect of it now.

I base my observation on the fact that when FlyBe were on their own, it was only 4/5 daily for part of the year. We have still not recovered from the effects of covid, especially with business travel, and easyJet are also flying to BFS.
My concern is that EI/BE are trying to knock each other the route and we will end up with an even worse timetable.
Just my thoughts. (y)
In fairness the I used the Belfast flights commuting to Derry with work, and no matter what time of day it was very very rare there were double digit empty seats.
I think it could sustain 6-7 per day but I’m inclined to agree - they’re fighting over a decent demand but oversupplying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock