Galaxy

Jan 2, 2010
Leeds
Just a bit of video taken a couple of weeks ago at Prague Ruzyně Airport while waiting for my flight home. This is filmed from the departure gates in and around gate 23, featured airlines include: EasyJet, Wizzair, KLM Cityhopper, Jet2, Ural Airlines, Czech Airlines, Yangtze River Express, Aer Lingus, Augsburg Airways and China Airlines. Aircraft are mainly Airbus A320, Boeing 737, Boeing 757, Boeing 747 and a Fokker 70.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYuu7ijVWOk[/video]

Re: Prague Václav Havel Airport

Thanks again for more airport videos, Galaxy.

I've just looked up Prague Airport and find it's not as busy as one might imagine in terms of passenger numbers - 11-12 mppa in recent years.

I flew in and out about four years ago and remember the public transport links were not great for a capital city airport. We caught a public bus towards town then transferred to a tram outside a Metro station that dropped us outside our hotel. Far more enjoyable than a taxi - and cheaper!

The taxi fare to the main railway station is around 25 to 30 Euros, but the bus is only 39 Krona (around 1 Euro). A rail or tram link to the airport would be so much better.

A bit of more recent footage from the now renamed Prague Václav Havel Airport (the thread could do with renaming), that features a Polish Airlines Dreamliner up close and then taking off.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqXz_3Zkxa8[/video]

A bit of more recent footage from the now renamed Prague Václav Havel Airport (the thread could do with renaming), that features a Polish Airlines Dreamliner up close and then taking off.

Great video again, Galaxy.

Thank you for the information re airport name change. I wasn't aware. I've altered the thread name accordingly.

strangely i thought it too would be busier airport. But with people wanting holidays in more exotic parts of europe . I can see this city ,which is beautiful from what i hear from guys i know that been there. Could be in the future a great place for spotters on a europe spotters tour.they could start at paris (3 decent airports) frankfurt main. and then on to prague and budapest and ending at polands capital city airport.. quite a nice 14 days tour either by road. or 7 days by plane

LocalYokel - thanks for thread name change.

Flashgordon - For me personally I would suggest the route as follows (as a shorter break):

LBA - DUS
Day spotting at DUS
Train to Frankfurt Am Main
Day Spotting at FRA
Train or fly to Dresden or Berlin
Day spotting at either
Train to Prague
Day Spotting
Flight back to LBA

I think Flashgordon lives in the South East so LBA as a departure point is probably a non starter for him but I like your itinerary Galaxy. It's the sort of thing Bigman likes to do.

The trip to PRG last week went well. Because of the wind direction they were using Runway 06 most of the time. To access the Photography points you needed transport, which I didn't have. So I "resided" at the Observation Deck that looked on to the apron between Terminal 1 and 2. You had to photograph through glass (not ideal) which was dirty in places and negotiate the meeters and greeters.
Enough of the excuses, here is a selection:

Schiuan A/L A330
View attachment 13540

Brussels A/L A320
View attachment 13541

Astra 146
View attachment 13542

Joon A321
View attachment 13543

Smart Wings B738
View attachment 13544

Smart Wings B738
View attachment 13545

Air Serbia ATR72
View attachment 13546

Czech A/L B738
View attachment 13547

Aeroflot Su100
View attachment 13548

ELAL B738
View attachment 13549

I didn't realise I could only attach 10 photos in one post so the examples from Letecke Muzeum at Kbely are below:

Czech AF DC3
View attachment 13550

Czech AF AN24
View attachment 13551

This museum is easily accessible on the eastern side of Prague by Metro and bus, military aircraft and helicopters but transport aircraft are included.

Upload Media

Upgrade Your Account

Subscribe to help support your favourite forum and in return we'll remove all our advertisements. Your contribution will help to pay for things like site maintenance, domain name renewals and annual server charges.

Forums4aiports
Subscribe

NEW - Profile Posts

9 trips in 9 days done 70 miles walked and over 23-00 photos taken with a large number taken at 20mph or above. Heavy rain on 1 day only
5 trips done and 45 miles walked,. Also the RAF has had 4 F35B Lightning follow me yesterday and today....
My plans got altered slightly as one of the minibus companies had to cancel 3 trips and refunded me but will be getting nice discount when I rebook them.
wondering why on my "holidays" I choose to get up 2 hours earlier than when going to work. 6 trips in 6 days soon coming up with 3 more days to sort out

Trending Hashtags

Advertisement

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock